One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-06 18:50:49

Wuatduhf

The final versions of Mibas/Diva Town/Desert Town map (WIP)

Hello!

If you've seen me on the Discord every now and there, you know that I've been working on transporting OHOL sprites onto a map-creating program called Tiled. It's been a process to get every asset to line up correctly, and it's still not fully there yet. Most trees, facilities, and building blocks have been brought in, but there's still several other bits and pieces that need to be added.

I have not been able to do another pass on the Mibas-Desert Town road, mostly because my lives where I got the recorded data were before it was completed, and I never got to go back there pre-Apocalypse.

(You can open the image in new tab if you'd like to zoom in for up-close!)
qWa2RLS.png

I'll continue making updates to this map between today and tomorrow, since I can use this to figure out what other sprites I need to add next to recreate good maps of villages. Until then, this will potentially be the final version of what the Great 3 Belltowns looked like.

Last edited by Wuatduhf (2019-05-06 19:09:35)

#2 2019-05-06 19:36:25

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: The final versions of Mibas/Diva Town/Desert Town map (WIP)

Wow, this is really great!

#3 2019-05-06 20:52:03

MultiLife

I liked the southernmost bell town, the nameless/signless one with the large desert and unfinished road. Went to spend three lives there just because it was the best of the three. First life I spent there I was a lone male and traveled 4k from a dead camp (Eis family). But Feuers got there and repopulated it, and then I got born into some Feuer village near(ish) Divatown, ran to my fav town asap (around 2-3k maybe?). Buried my earlier life bones and friends. Then third life got born into An family in Divatown iirc. Again ran asap and spent the life in the southernmost town. Got a spring added onto the door (honors go to Honor Feuer for that). Almost finished flooring.

Thea XII, Thea Feuer XI and Burak says hi to
Ned Eis, James Eis (yes I watered your maples!), Lisa Feuer XI, Bella Feuer II, Great, Rett, Tyson Feuer, Ole XI aaand Honor Feuer.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-05-06 20:58:05)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2019-05-07 00:24:11

TheSamWish

MultiLife wrote:

I liked the southernmost bell town, the nameless/signless one with the large desert and unfinished road. Went to spend three lives there just because it was the best of the three.

I liked that town too. I gathered stones for almost two whole lives to make that road more solid than it is in the picture. Someone else filled it in but I stacked so many flat rocks next to the road. I wanted more people to travel south. I tried to rebuild the outpost just north of there with some of my kids another life, but it was difficult because only new players wanted to stay. One of them built that nursery while i was still alive. In a later life I took a horse cart up to that outpost and shrimped my life away. Carted the shrimp down to the south bell town and cooked them up.

Looking back on my lineages, I was: Aaban Feuer, Woodely Feuer, Warrior Feuer, Ben Feuer VII, Iris IV, and Owen Piano. (Photo'd here) http://photos.onehouronelife.com/server … id=1151528

You are Pepsi

#5 2019-05-07 00:35:14

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I'm glad the door stay removed for the Desert Town. Someone in my life locked 7 people in there and they all starved to death. I removed it but it's a big eye opener, and I'll always make two exits for buildings now.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#6 2019-05-07 03:49:48

Wuatduhf

I think the door went back on, I just didn't have the flat door sprites added into Tiled yet for me to put them there. I do have them now, but I've switched to the new server since one of the villages really took off this afternoon.

Here's the current WIP of "Tarrville", that Tarr and several Discord players have chipped into advancing up the stages.

rQqcacJ.jpg

#7 2019-05-07 16:19:14

Chaos

This is incredible, I created Divatown as an eve and so many people worked to make it into a megacity!

Board footer