One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-25 16:21:43

Ari-ori-412

A little idea i had

So since jason wants towns to interact with eachother and use property gates and fences, what if you could let all members of a certain family use the gate?  For example: lets say two allied families the jones and the waters both have fences around them and a road between the two cities.  People may travel between the two towns often and instead of giving ownership to one person at a time somthing like "the jones family owns this" or "your family owns this" lets ALL members of said family use the gate.  This could encourage alliances between towns.  Another thingg what if one member of a family turns on the on the other?  you could say somthing like "Jerry jones no longer owns this".  And then that could cause Jerry to be exiled from both cities as long as the bordersare maintained.

Stop eating berries adults! go eat the pie or stew right next to you.

#2 2019-04-25 16:29:39

Ace

Re: A little idea i had

The way i imagine it is that we take our current outposts-style that happened more some time ago and make them somewhat of slave towns of sort that does crafting jobs such as farming, baking, herding. With the main village having all the tools, the forge and newcomen and would be doing the scavanging.
Oh, we could actually use the property fence to trap part of the family in such a place even. If they do a good job, they could even advance into freedom. Maybe have RP part of it like someone could marry into the main village.

But i totally forgot the point: trading. I was thinking originally to have these 2 villages of the same family be separated by players with fences (ideally one could travel between the 2 if they want to work on something specific) and limit the amount of things each can do. For example on doesn't have a forge, but has carts with rubber tires or horses and would scavange iron and stuff for the other village to get tools (as a side-note, maybe that will incentivise people to recycle steel tools more or be more carefull of when it's at it's last use since that translates into getting more tools) .

Last edited by Ace (2019-04-25 16:33:24)

Board footer