One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-20 11:40:27

Whatever

Taking prisoners !

As soon as i turned 3 i started building my own little prison.
I put berry bushes inside because i dont want anyone to starve.
Then much later i find a cute little girl sitting next to the fire with her mother.
I gave her my clothes to gain her trust.
As she turned 3 i told her i want to show her the new update, she followed me:
yo0OAEn.png
I caught her !
Soon her mother would find her, she was the last female except for her mother.
Her mother told her to stay alive and that she will kill me.
AqTkN0i.png
Soon more people gathered around and tried to break the fence.
Good that i had a horse that made it easy to avoid the knife from grandmu.
L7vbeue.png
Unfortunately Ace could open the door, i never gave him permission, or maybe i did it by accident.
Anyways he freed the poor girl, and in the end her mother killed me.
And they lived happily ever after

#2 2019-04-20 11:56:46

Booklat1

Re: Taking prisoners !

i'd just starve tbh

#3 2019-04-20 14:07:47

Whatever

I played another life:
I was born to a mother with crown, she brought me to her property and told me we are the wealth people.
At that point i knew i was special.
She was very kind a gave me access to her land.
I then spend a lot of time making a new prison (i was not using her land)
I planted berries, milkweed and even trees. The 3 most important tress.
I then cought my cousin in it:
iIjeThE.png
He is very pretty with the dress and the crown.
I was proud to have such valuable prisoner.
I then showed him to other people, but sadly they dident like it.
And again i was hunted by his mother:
NazgbC2.png
i had another place that belonged to me, i only finished the door at that one.
I used it to hide from the people, they wouldnt come in because they were scared i would trap them
BcaSxVR.jpg
Then i got old and i realized i cannot do this anymore.
So i wanted to be with my cousin, sadly he had a knife
QZWXEp5.jpg
Everyone was happy i would die and my cousin got free.
He was inside his prison for nearly 20 years, but he survived.

#4 2019-04-20 14:43:30

DestinyCall

The fence update working as intended.  Yay.

#5 2019-04-20 14:47:11

YannaChan
Banned

At least they had food.

#6 2019-04-20 15:11:53

Carrot-Seedling

I was just there! I was a blond guy and I was trying out the property thing. That prison was all fallen apart, and I rebuilt it. I turned it into a nice little home and I even added a tiny sheep pen on the side. I starved while finding water though, and I had no heirs. Wonder who will take it next tongue

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#7 2019-04-20 15:45:52

Whatever

Carrot-Seedling wrote:

I was just there! I was a blond guy and I was trying out the property thing. That prison was all fallen apart, and I rebuilt it. I turned it into a nice little home and I even added a tiny sheep pen on the side. I starved while finding water though, and I had no heirs. Wonder who will take it next tongue

Sheep pen is very nice, its needed for compost. A shame it has fallen apart, but thanks for rebuilding it.
I hope people watered my trees.

#8 2019-04-20 17:42:54

hmrka

Why are people so against trapping others?! I dont get it, its fun. Even if youre the one getting trapped it gives great roleplaying opportunities.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#9 2019-04-20 17:55:24

Astelon

hmrka wrote:

Why are people so against trapping others?! I dont get it, its fun. Even if youre the one getting trapped it gives great roleplaying opportunities.

Because it's basically killing people with extra steps. It was his choice to plant food, he could aswell have left the prisoners starve. And also, the trapped people can't do anything for the village in the time they're trapped.

Last edited by Astelon (2019-04-20 17:59:46)

#10 2019-04-20 18:25:36

Whatever

Astelon wrote:

Because it's basically killing people with extra steps. It was his choice to plant food, he could aswell have left the prisoners starve

Overall i trapped 4 people so far, none of those starved or died inside the prison, all of them were released at some point

#11 2019-04-20 18:26:39

Whatever

snagsMd.png

#12 2019-04-20 18:34:44

Spoonwood

I do think this is griefing because it's a prison, but it's not like killing people.  Especially since he's a man, it's not like he will starve. 

Here's what I suggest: next time try to have a yew tree as one of the corners.  Given them the appropriate materials to make an axe and a shovel (maybe they already have a hatchet and fire bow drill instead of raw materials), and see if the prisoner manages to breakout.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-04-20 18:35:47)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#13 2019-04-21 07:27:56

Whatever

I have another great story, with time i get better and better at it and this is my best so far:

I was building a prison with a lot of berry bushes, i had great plans. This time i was a woman so i could put my own kids in prison.
As soon as my prison was finished a daughter popped out of me.
And then even better, another girl just walked in, she was my niece.

786KvfI.jpg

Soon someone from the village found us

28FR9Oa.png

Sadly the berry bushes were not all grown and my niece would keep all the berries for herself in a bowl so my daugther starved.
But shortly after it more bushes grew and i had another child, Jesus.

GckCrBe.jpg

They tried to break the fence with different tools but nothing worked.
Then one woman brought a bow, wanting to shoot me but i was out of range

gQqXnfK.jpg

Then sadly my son Jesus gave up on life, i fed him one berry but i dident want to force him to be alive.
He died soon after.

sl1xBMh.png

I asked the people if they could basket teleport some food into the prison, and one kid actually did it.
It was great we had more food again and my niece could increase her yum chain a bit.

oGBJSRd.jpg

After some dead babies, one finally decided to stay.
I was so proud of the new born prison baby.

UgClpAy.png

But i was getting old and i knew i couldnt do this anymore.
So i gave the new prison baby ownership of the gate.
She grew up and i knew it was time for me to die and to let the people be free again.

VfGu4r1.png

She opens the gate, and the lady with the bow comes in

OEm7B0w.png

KdmFdtZ.jpg

#14 2019-04-21 08:54:18

hmrka

Astelon wrote:
hmrka wrote:

Because it's basically killing people with extra steps. It was his choice to plant food, he could aswell have left the prisoners starve. And also, the trapped people can't do anything for the village in the time they're trapped.

If you're smart you can teleport pies in and keep them alive for longer tongue and yeah once youre there its basically afk and eat simulator but still fun to see drama happening outside of the cage.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#15 2019-04-21 10:56:19

Laalala

Do you think it was fun for the people you trapped? I doubt it by the way the daughter told you "die old hag." Your son Jesus chose to die to get out of your cage. Does it seem he was enjoying being trapped? Obviously not.  The definition of griefing is causing grief to others and that is all you are doing, it is selfish to ruin other people's game time for your personal amusement.

#16 2019-04-21 14:05:19

Whatever

Laalala wrote:

Do you think it was fun for the people you trapped? I doubt it by the way the daughter told you "die old hag." Your son Jesus chose to die to get out of your cage. Does it seem he was enjoying being trapped? Obviously not.  The definition of griefing is causing grief to others and that is all you are doing, it is selfish to ruin other people's game time for your personal amusement.

Oh, i dident know that they were not enjoying it, i am sorry.

#17 2019-04-21 14:11:21

Booklat1

the fact this can be done without locks is ridiculous

prisons are great experiments tbh, its not even hard to survive in them

#18 2019-04-21 14:16:02

PeaGirl

Although I have always shaked my head over Whatever's schemes... this one at least gave me some sort of giggles.
i was actually one of the dead babies in the last one. I was kinda looking for something to do other than being a curse point.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#19 2019-04-21 15:16:26

Spoonwood

Prisons definitely inhibit other people's ability to do things in the game.  And it's not like two smiths in the smithy getting in each other's way accidently.  This is intentional inhibition of other people.

And a rope getting used on that gate for years when the town probably could have had another bucket or another cart.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#20 2019-04-21 17:14:18

DanillO_o

This fence idea was terrible. Nobody help the cities to grow anymore, just stealing things and put inside their "property" killing emerging cities and take off all that build together thing...
Btw i was that female called Adorable chasing him. That city was almost dying when i born, work hard to make things better until my brother, Adolfo, decides have "fun" trapping people. Now that city is a dead city.
Great job

#21 2019-04-21 17:18:33

Whatever

DanillO_o wrote:

This fence idea was terrible. Nobody help the cities to grow anymore, just stealing things and put inside their "property" killing emerging cities and take off all that build together thing...
Btw i was that female called Adorable chasing him. That city was almost dying when i born, work hard to make things better until my brother, Adolfo, decides have "fun" trapping people. Now that city is a dead city.
Great job

So me taking this one guy as prisoner killed the city? Damn i knew he was very important when i saw him.

Last edited by Whatever (2019-04-21 17:19:13)

#22 2019-04-21 18:11:10

DanillO_o

Whatever wrote:
DanillO_o wrote:

Great job

So me taking this one guy as prisoner killed the city? Damn i knew he was very important when i saw him.

Not that one guy but everyone who was chasing you for years instead doing good things for the city.

#23 2019-04-21 18:16:34

olooopo

This is hilarious. Ty for sharing!

Board footer