One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 22:11:29

nesling

Berry bush

I don't know if it's just me but whenever I pick a berry from a bush, the bush turns in to a flint pile. I can still pick up more berries but the texture is wrong. and after I pick up 4 berries it turns in to a duck pond and after the bush is depleted it turns back into a bush.

#2 2018-03-19 00:05:45

Eccola

Re: Berry bush

Are you playing on official server? This kinds of glitches are common on user created servers. I advise either join official server, or learn to live with them.

#3 2018-03-19 22:15:40

Thorware

You probably have useCustomServer.ini set. Setting a custom server prevents you from getting updates. A typical bug of using an old client is that objects weirdly look like different objects. Set useCustomServer.ini to 0 and launch again to get the client update, that should fix it. Then you can go back to your custom server.

#4 2018-03-22 19:13:34

Xuhybrid

Your game is out of date.

#5 2018-04-01 04:13:27

EvilBlackCat

I am actually having this issue after the most recent update. Of course it's on my private server but I know that my client is up to date as I just logged into the main server and played for a bit.

I'm thinking it has to to with updating the server? When I go to update I'm getting this error:

error:Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
         scenes/next.txt
         Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
         scenes/46.txt
         scenes/47.txt
Please move or remove them before you can merge.
Aborting

So I assume it's an issues of the client being up to date but not the server. Any idea what it's talking about and how I can fix it?

Edit: Okay, I fixed it. I went into the scenes folder (On the VM not client side) and deleted 46 and 47. I then edited "next" to say 46. Rebuilt and it works fine.

Posting it here in case anyone else has the same issue or in case there is anything wrong with how I fixed it.

Last edited by EvilBlackCat (2018-04-01 04:24:54)

Board footer