One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 22:08:56

specialbreh

How to Update correctly.

"As usual, if you're using a customServer, you'll need to disable it to get the update.

Jason"
- from his last email, and several before it.

I was wondering for a while why my client wasn't updating. I'd close the client, change the file from '1' to '0', open it up again... then close it and change back... not realising that no update had occurred, or wondering where the update was.

(I didn't want to start a new life on a random server for various reasons but also didn't realise _I had to_).

So I went without an update for a while before finally realising *you have to actually log in to update*. And yes, that means playing a new life on a random server.

Didn't think this was pertinent enough to post in the reddit, but I hope Jason becomes aware of it somehow, as (maybe most people are aware, but) it's easy to assume the update occurs as long as useCustomServer.ini is set to zero and there's a proper client restart.

Perhaps "you'll need to disable it and *fully log in* to get the update" might help people (like me) better understand.

#2 2018-03-16 22:46:52

colinmarc

Re: How to Update correctly.

It doesn't mean you have to play a new life. The game will quit to install the update; you can change it back to '1' then.

Board footer