One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-29 23:41:07

Mushroom

Law obeying

Today I got murdered for kidnapping kids in a town that had it's laws written on paper. No. VI clearly said pedophilia was allowed in that place! I want to bring a lawsuit: me vs town folk.

But for real this time, I think that written laws are cool roleplay and I would be glad to see people actually obey them. It could give more spirit and variety to the villages. Don't think it'd be possible to make everyone roleplay like this though. Any ideas?

Dickbutt

#2 2019-03-30 02:17:53

Bob 101

Re: Law obeying

Kidnapping isn't the same as Pedophilia though

#3 2019-03-30 02:52:22

karltown_veteran

Mushroom wrote:

Today I got murdered for kidnapping kids in a town that had it's laws written on paper. No. VI clearly said pedophilia was allowed in that place! I want to bring a lawsuit: me vs town folk.

But for real this time, I think that written laws are cool roleplay and I would be glad to see people actually obey them. It could give more spirit and variety to the villages. Don't think it'd be possible to make everyone roleplay like this though. Any ideas?

Laws do work. Especially court case.

Case in point - A few weeks ago, when I was around 25 a baby started claiming that a grownup man had killed her in another life. We had multiple families in the same town so I figured it was possible. As she grew she became more riled up to kill said man. We will call the man Man Y and the girl Girl X.
I decided to hold a trial so I asked Man Y to testify before court with Girl X. He was hesitant but agreed. Girl X was confident and swiftly came to court. When people saw Man Y in the main room they started drawing their knives but I said we were having a trial so they agreed not to kill him.
The trial began. Girl X said she had been killed by Man Y as "Steve" in another life (not the name she said). Then another man spoke up and said that Man Y had been with him for the past half hour, so he could not have killed Girl X.
I then went on Lineage and looked up Steve. I found that Steve had been killed by a boar, not by Man Y. When I returned I declared Man Y innocent, and called Girl X to testify for lying.
Girl X claimed she was innocent, that the lineage was a glitch. She was proclaimed guilty and killed, but not before she took me down with her. Overall it was a successful trial. We also held a similar trial a few months ago and both were productive.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#4 2019-03-30 10:18:30

Glassius

Death to fake laws and false prophets! That's my roleplay

#5 2019-03-30 15:05:03

w0wma

trials sound good, actually.

#6 2019-03-30 15:33:30

Tea

karltown_veteran wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

Laws do work. Especially court case.

Case in point - A few weeks ago, when I was around 25 a baby started claiming that a grownup man had killed her in another life. We had multiple families in the same town so I figured it was possible. As she grew she became more riled up to kill said man. We will call the man Man Y and the girl Girl X.
I decided to hold a trial so I asked Man Y to testify before court with Girl X. He was hesitant but agreed. Girl X was confident and swiftly came to court. When people saw Man Y in the main room they started drawing their knives but I said we were having a trial so they agreed not to kill him.
The trial began. Girl X said she had been killed by Man Y as "Steve" in another life (not the name she said). Then another man spoke up and said that Man Y had been with him for the past half hour, so he could not have killed Girl X.
I then went on Lineage and looked up Steve. I found that Steve had been killed by a boar, not by Man Y. When I returned I declared Man Y innocent, and called Girl X to testify for lying.
Girl X claimed she was innocent, that the lineage was a glitch. She was proclaimed guilty and killed, but not before she took me down with her. Overall it was a successful trial. We also held a similar trial a few months ago and both were productive.

That sounds fun ! I wish there would be more trials done when people are in an argument. Instead killing each other directly, just have a trail and see what the court things of it.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#7 2019-03-30 22:43:05

Mushroom

Yeah, I like the trial idea. It is what makes us civilization after all. Maybe there should be a game mechanic that could allow people to calm down during the trial?

Dickbutt

Board footer