One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-23 16:43:36

BlueDiamondAvatar

An intense one minute life

My mom was clearly going somewhere.  She was fully clothed, had a backpack brimming with who knows what, and a plucked turkey in her hand.  Otherwise, we were surrounded by wilderness.

She siad, "Oh Shit!" or something like that, as I popped into existence.  She wobbled a few steps forward and a few steps back... I couldn't tell which direction she had been running. 

This made me nervous - was she just hesitating?  Would she pause her mission to raise me?  Yes, I was a girl, but AWBZ told me we had a big family waiting for us somewhere.

Then she plopped the turkey on my head and lifted me up.  YAY!  My mother loved me.  She held me for a while, and then declared,  "You are Novella".  And so I was.  My heart brimmed.  A beautiful and funny name - awesome!

I loved my mother, and told her in the only language I had.  Emotes. Unfortunately the hat hid them.

Once again she started moving - I guess we were going north!  She dodged a little west, avoiding some jungle looming ahead of us, and walked behind a yew tree.

There was a mosquito behind the tree.

Suddenly I was on the ground - and she was cursing again.

"I'm sorry baby, Mommy is sick. I can't feed you anymore."

I thought about running further northwest, but I had no idea how far it would be, and the pips were draining out of me so fast...  Instead, I hugged her legs and tried to comfort her.

As the pips bled out, leaving me starving, I attempted to type out, "I...T....O....K..."  Did I get that last K out?  Was it just gibberish to my mother?

Less than a minute, and I can't forget that little happy/tragic life.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3868484

Snow Moon, little Novella loved you.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#2 2019-03-23 16:58:14

Spockulon

Re: An intense one minute life

Someone in here is chopping onions... I swear...
</3

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#3 2019-03-25 11:51:47

Starknight_One

Re: An intense one minute life

Spockulon wrote:

Someone in here is chopping onions... I swear...
</3

Damn onion-chopping ninjas again...

Board footer