One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-03-15 15:12:15

Spoonwood

Re: PLAYER STATS + tools

As others have more or less implied above, none of those numbers account for a player's intentions.  Personally speaking, I've played almost entirely off of the bigserver pretty much since the bigserver update, and before that for a few weeks I was almost entirely doing Eve runs, often suiciding to get to that point.  Before that I also recall just wandering off to die if I saw a shrine in a place.  That does not mean my grandchildren numbers would be as good as fragility's or anything like that if I had played more with the family I got dealt first.  But, it does come as a caveat about inferring too much from these statistics, which no matter how much can get gleaned from them I find interesting.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-03-15 15:12:44)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#77 2019-03-15 17:04:24

fragilityh14

they're very interesting in a variety of ways.

One reason my numbers are high is that I still fundamentally view the purpose of the game to be continuing your family lines as long as possible, and i choose to keep almost all of my children.

i'm not sure if I'm contributing to future food crisis by having too many children in these scenarios, as a lot of people have always believed.

It would seem to me that my higher grandkid rate shows that is not a problem.  I also just really avoid violence, and almost never suicide. i also go on the side of remaining full, instead of worrying too much about food efficiency outside of yum. [i mean, I still try to make the most of things, but i can produce so much in a lifetime I worry the most about not dropping dead.]

I Also don't use the AWBZ mod,  which makes my survival rate somewhat more impressive. Though even when i'm the last male in a village, i often live out the rest of my life cleaning things up in case someone else finds the camp, or learning a new skill. Or sometimes just going out and searching for life, to see if there's anyone i can send to the dead camp to loot it.

The most amazing thing about this to me remains that i thought i was doing a terrible job of keeping grandkids alive and spreading family lines. No wonder these lines die out when some of the most experienced players are only having 1.5 grandkids per female life.

At the same time, i'm not really into advanced tech. i play to survive and raise children. so at least up to a point, other players are doing things which greatly benefit the overall camp's survival like making newcomen pumps. Though the upper tier of technology past that is mostly resource consuming amusements.

I really do wish there was a way to track iron collection, like how many irons you picked up more than 100 tiles from birth place.  Recently i've been yum chaining my way through fertility and then running off to try and complete an iron run. Managed to collect 12 for a 30th generation camp leaving at like 45 yesterday. Your yum being at 10 or 15 makes that way more feasible to do as an elderly person. As always, i was amazed at how much iron and new spawn was relatively close in the northern direction, though it wasn't 100% obvious I was at the family's original camp. Still, people were damn impressed to see an elderly lady get back with 12 iron haha

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#78 2019-03-15 17:26:11

denriguez

Oooh oooh! Do me!

Recent death: Annie Bacon (3 days ago): http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3770264

Thanks!

#79 2019-03-15 17:40:02

pein

playing for stats makes no sense, also i had 400 hours without awbz and can do most stuff without it, like i regularly got sheep and iron mines too
not quitting any lifes makes not much sense
while i had months where i didn't die of starvation, and first time around i played on discord i was the only one who didn't die,and there was quite a few people there, who were  pretty good skilled yet they starved time to time we could get back to same town bu still
ofc if u spend time with kids you might improve some stats but in the end  they are alone and that stat is based on luck and time of the day you play too
after a while baby rising was boring to me

and don't see much to kills either
i guess i would won on the "deadly attacks dodged" category
im not even top 30 on kills, as quite some people only play for that
also if you fail to kill a griefer the town will be ruined
also not seeing the griefer, the town will be ruined
if you run things, you get to be target a lot

and it goes both ways, the griefer, the killer, can be the most productive member of society and knows how to build up things, so knows how to destroy them too, and the few times i griefed people or camps as revenge, had pages on forums, heck i even triggered a fix on teleports

the more tiems you do important things, the more time you become a target, and every conflict needs 2 people
still a quite high average life age with a dangerous lifestyle over a lot of hours (not my main acc on first page)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#80 2019-03-15 17:57:18

fragilityh14

well, i'm not playing FOR stats, i honestly didn't even realize these statistics were being saved. But grandchildren was broadly how i was measuring my success as a female player anyway, so i feel pretty damn good about my numbers being high, though also want to figure out how to help other people who want to do better at it.

I'm still wrapping my head around how low the grandkid numbers are, because it explains a hell of a lot that had been confusing me for a long time, in terms of why these civs are dying and shit.

Listen to your mom!

#81 2019-03-15 19:24:08

Spoonwood

fragilityh14 wrote:

At the same time, i'm not really into advanced tech. i play to survive and raise children. so at least up to a point, other players are doing things which greatly benefit the overall camp's survival like making newcomen pumps. Though the upper tier of technology past that is mostly resource consuming amusements.

I really do wish there was a way to track iron collection, like how many irons you picked up more than 100 tiles from birth place.  Recently i've been yum chaining my way through fertility and then running off to try and complete an iron run. Managed to collect 12 for a 30th generation camp leaving at like 45 yesterday. Your yum being at 10 or 15 makes that way more feasible to do as an elderly person. As always, i was amazed at how much iron and new spawn was relatively close in the northern direction, though it wasn't 100% obvious I was at the family's original camp. Still, people were damn impressed to see an elderly lady get back with 12 iron haha

This raises an interesting question though.  If you stick around as a woman past her fertility period you might train or help your grandchildren to survive by encouraging them to eat well, carry food (or have it close by), cook food, or do other things that come as needed (clothing, getting a baby mouflon, compositing, processing iron, etc.).  Some people might view you as a village elder and thus come as more likely to take your advice (though... of course... that won't always happen by any stretch of the imagination).  That isn't to say that it comes as better though than getting iron for a variety of reasons.  I'm just trying to say that what's better for the survival of your family I don't think so clear cut, perhaps situational, and perhaps even impossible to know in advance.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#82 2019-03-15 19:55:03

Whatever

I updated some scripts. If you have already downloaded them pls download them again.
You dont need to redownload the ohol data. Just start oholdownloaddata.js in order to update the data.

I also made all the stats again and added new people, you can see them on the front page (OP)

The update:

- Improved oholgetplayerstats.js
  Its now much faster and doesnt need so much memory. It can now also be started like this: nodejs oholgetplayerstats.js hash (if you dont want to store the hashes inside a file)

- avg. death age now takes eve lives into consideration (previously it wouldnt do that correctly, it was a bug). Now all avg. death ages should be a bit higher

- kill percentage shows now how many kills per death a person does. For example if it is 10% it means that for every 10th death the person makes one kill.

- Improved update function of oholdownloaddata.js
  Previously it wouldnt always download all the data correctly, it should now check for any missing data and download it.

#83 2019-03-15 20:12:08

Whatever

@pein the linage you linked lead me to the same hash i used before.
But dont see these stats as perfect measurement of skill, no one knew there would be stats and they dont show every aspect of the game

Last edited by Whatever (2019-03-15 20:13:42)

#84 2019-03-15 21:45:34

MultiLife

Whatever wrote:

I also made all the stats again and added new people, you can see them on the front page (OP)

Ooh thank you! My stats seem like a basic good player-- WAIT A SECOND
"Kids per female life 3.88, Grandkids per female life: 3.88" And I have more grandkids than kids in total numbers! big_smile Nobody else has it like I do! Wohoo! Perhaps I've been a Hope of a lineage a few times.
243 Old Age deaths -> 68.64%
Pretty happy with the low hunger deaths too, 29.10%, I promise I'm not a sponge.
K/D ratio 26/8. big_smile

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-03-15 22:04:46)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#85 2019-03-15 21:45:45

Mirelli

No clue how to use the scripts as it kept giving me errors sad Here’s a life I lived recently if you could get my stats. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3789221

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#86 2019-03-15 22:01:58

AmyJ

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3794812 Please do mine too if you get the chance! Would love to know what my stats are

#87 2019-03-15 23:05:18

fragilityh14

what changed about kids per life since yesterday? Mine went down to 3.08 from 3.33 and I had a single female game with 3 grandkids, and some other people's went up.

I'm actually really curious about how multi-life is playing to have equal kids and grandkids when no one else does, and to have such a high average survival age.

Also Grim's numbers are crazy. It never made sense to me that I could have been the top since  i have such bad luck with survival, though i still don't understand how my numbers went down since the last time, as I was average higher than 3.3 grandkids in recent games.

It for sure makes sense that other people have more grandkids per kid than I do, since I will keep all of them but often offer them little care once off the tit.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-03-15 23:13:23)

Listen to your mom!

#88 2019-03-15 23:32:43

happynova

Thanks so much for these stats, Whatever!  I'm finding them fascinating.  A few comments on mine:

timeAlive: 22d 21h 34m

Oh, geez.  That is... significantly higher than my rough guesstimate of how much time I'd spent playing this game.

avg. death age: 39.57
Death by hunger: 486 -> 55.16%
Death by oldAge: 373 -> 42.34%
Death by killer: 22 -> 2.50%

Speaking of things that don't match my estimates, I find this interesting too, because if you'd asked me, I probably would have said I was reaching old age at least half the time.  But I guess the numbers don't lie!  And, in retrospect, I suppose I can imagine lots of explanations for this: the fact that it took me a lot of playing to be anywhere near good enough that old age felt like something expected instead of an accomplishment; my bad luck with Eve runs; my lamentable tendency to be so impatient to get where I'm going that I neglect to be sufficiently careful of wild animals; my refusal to suicide out of failing towns; and, perhaps most significant, the fact that I tend to simply not remember lives where I died in childhood before anything interesting happened.

kids: 2324
kids per female life: 3.31
avg. kid lifespan: 14.48
grandkids: 2041
grandkids per female life: 2.90

*preens*

Funnily enough, I think I'm kind of similar to Fragility on this one...  I never really felt particularly successful with the lineages, and, in fact, for a long time was convinced I was worse at it than most people.  And yet, here I am with one of the higher grandkid numbers!  (Or at least, a very, very respectable grandkid number.)

And, like Fragility, I essentially never suicide.  (At least, I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've suicided as a baby, because it's something I really only do when my mother tries to give me a racist name or proves in some similar fashion to be someone I can't stand to spend three minutes with and don't think deserves a lineage.)  That's got to be making a lot of the difference, maybe just because we end up as Eve less often.

By the way, as far as the fertility stats go, it occurs to me that it would be interesting to compare them for players who came in before and after the Steam influx or the Bigserver update.

kills: 15 -> 1.70%
avg. victim age: 31.99
victim female probability: 33.33%

I was nervous this was going to be higher.  It's nice to know I really am about as peaceful as I like to think I am. smile

Last edited by happynova (2019-03-15 23:35:56)

#89 2019-03-15 23:34:53

MultiLife

fragilityh14 wrote:

I"m actually really curious about how multi-life is playing to have equal kids and grandkids when no one else does, and to have such a high average survival age.

I think I am in a timezone where I play during the time when more players arrive than leave. I may also have had lots of capable players as daughters.
My survival rate is high because I basically had no learning curve. I watched videos before buying the game and lived to Old Age on my first life. And more after that. Those darn twenty-or-so Eve lives fixing my zoom and suiciding are dropping the rate though. :'(

I do recall lives where I have raised my grandkids and sometimes a great grandkid. From time to time my own daughters just pop a kid and leave it behind. I guess I may stay in towns a lot as a female, so I may notice a baby and raise it.

Some stuff I do (situational);
- produce a lot of goods for places to support babies
- tour my kids/tell them where stuff is
- meals on wheels (breastfeeding 3+ year old toddlers running around, I just grab 'em and let go)
- tell my kids if wild food is exhausted/far (disencourage traveling when way too young)
- leave nearby wild foods for kids and chain myself to eat further away (leaving some berries in bushes and such)
- tell my kids if base is in famine and raise them in wilds
- tell my kids if there are dangerous places around so they can avoid certain directions
- teach babies, give tips
- show newbie babies how to do things
- feed a toddler I know is starving while trying to talk to me (hold them if I can feed)
- never starved a baby by going dry - I'm always on top of it when graying and get them to food in time
- tell my daughters if they are the last female and how to get babies
- have 3+ yum most of the time
- name all my kids and grandkids with cool names (going as far as asking people with a surname to name my kids so they'd get it and pass it on if I have no surname)

But last life I played was 33 days ago so I haven't gone in with the new temp system. This was all pre-temp change.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-03-15 23:58:11)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#90 2019-03-16 01:31:57

BlueDiamondAvatar

Could you run my stats, please?  I really wouldn't know where to start.

Here's a semi-recent life, Steven Zero  http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3727373

I suspect I'll be in the upper tiers for number of hours played and number of grandkids per female life.

I gave up on dying of old age.  I usually starve to death at age 59, with my clothes already passed on to new babies and standing on the edge of the boneyard.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#91 2019-03-16 01:33:40

hmrka

Hmm I killed quite a lot of ppl, but that might be because of how much time I spend playing.. Weird that I haven't been in donkey town yet, most of the people I stab are griefers ofc, tho I still occasionally get cursed for that.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#92 2019-03-16 05:57:53

DestinyCall

@Whatever

I'm curious about the kids/grandkids stat.   Does this count children that /die or starve early?   Or does this stat reflect only the children that reach a certain age alive?   I know I've had lives where I've had a ton of babies - 8 or 10 in one life - and others where I've had only three or four, but it is rare for me to go an entire female life with out any, so I'm surprised that so many people have kid/life ratios that are less than one.   Trying to figure out how that is possible, unless they spend a lot of time playing solo or eveing on a low pop server. 

Seems like the average would be higher, unless the dead-on-arrival babies are not getting counted (which would be reasonable, I suppose). 

@hmrka   

The raw kill count might be higher due to length of play, but the percentage ratio (kill/birth) should be pretty accurate, regardless.   

When comparing two players to see who is more blood-thirst, that is the number that gives you a better idea of which one kills more often and which one kills only on rare occasions.    The current sample size is still relatively small, so it might not accurately reflect the OHOL community as a whole.   But based on the twenty six profiles that have been posted so far, the average kill percentage is around 8 or 9%.   I'd say if your kill percentage is under 5%, you are a fairly peaceful player who avoids violent encounters.   If your percentage is 15% or above, you are on the more violent end of the spectrum.  You stab more freely and more often than many players.    And if you are Pein, your kill percentage is 40% - there will be blood, either in this life or the next one.    Nosaj demands it.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-03-16 06:21:39)

#93 2019-03-16 05:59:56

Tarr
Banned

Well something is off from the look of things now as apparently on average I now reach the age of 63 which is well a little bit impossible even for me tongue

fug it’s Tarr.

#94 2019-03-16 06:16:21

Whatever

Tarr wrote:

Well something is off from the look of things now as apparently on average I now reach the age of 63 which is well a little bit impossible even for me tongue

Yes you are right, damn, i will look into it.

DestinyCall wrote:

I'm curious about the kids/grandkids stat.   Does this count children that /die or starve early?   Or does this stat reflect only the children that reach a certain age alive?   I know I've had lives where I've had a ton of babies - 8 or 10 in one life - and others where I've had only three or four, but it is rare for me to go an entire female life with out any, so I'm surprised that so many people have kid/life ratios that are less than one.   Trying to figure out how that is possible, unless they spend a lot of time playing solo or eveing on a low pop server.

Baby suicides currently still count as getting a baby. I am not sure why its so low. Maybe people die between the age of 3-14 and then they dont have any kids that life.

fragilityh14 wrote:

what changed about kids per life since yesterday? Mine went down to 3.08 from 3.33 and I had a single female game with 3 grandkids, and some other people's went up.

I was working with incomplete data, the download script wouldn't download everything. You dident loose any kids, but it missed out on some of your lifes, sry because of that.

hmrka wrote:

Hmm I killed quite a lot of ppl, but that might be because of how much time I spend playing.. Weird that I haven't been in donkey town yet, most of the people I stab are griefers ofc, tho I still occasionally get cursed for that.

kills: 269
Indeed, you killed a lot of people ! lol

Last edited by Whatever (2019-03-16 06:17:14)

#95 2019-03-16 06:25:44

DestinyCall

Whatever wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Baby suicides currently still count as getting a baby. I am not sure why its so low. Maybe people die between the age of 3-14 and then they dont have any kids that life.l

Oh, I hadn't thought about all the female lives where you might die before you reach maturity.  That makes sense.

#96 2019-03-16 06:29:06

pein

that's weird, changed my forum email now

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3789499
that's my main as far as i know, if needs forum account maybe that's why was bad

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3770258
that's a life on secondary account, which is named purvi on forums big_smile

ok figured: give admin access to node exe then just drag the script into the exe file

Last edited by pein (2019-03-16 07:06:41)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#97 2019-03-16 07:02:26

WalrusesConquer

Huh. I mean I knew I died long a lot because I always try to start a sister town as a kid, but wow. Need to up my game kek

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#98 2019-03-16 07:26:15

Whatever

I made a new Update on github.

- Fixes avg. death age

- Changes the way avg kids and grandkids life was calculated. Previously it would divide all your kids by all your female births. Now it will divide it by all your female deaths (ignoring deaths under the age of 3 and disconnects)

I will update the stats soon

#99 2019-03-16 07:38:58

Thaulos

Value changes are quite significant. Are they right?

==========================================
Thaulos http://onehouronelife.com/forums/profile.php?id=3728
------------------------------------------
firstEntry: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:54:29 GMT
lastEntry: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:21:36 GMT
births: 2060
deaths: 1155
timeAlive: 19d 14h 11m
males: 852
females: 1208
males/females: 0.71
avg. death age: 24.43 => 27.38
Death by hunger: 858 -> 74.29%
Death by oldAge: 264 -> 22.86%
Death by killer: 33 -> 2.86%
ignoredUnderAgeDeaths: 883
ignoredDisconnects: 16
elderDeaths: 264
born as eve: 307 -> 14.90%
avg. generation born into: 7.18
longest generation born into: 73
kids: 1920
kids per female life: 1.59 => 2.60
avg. kid lifespan: 14.14
grandkids: 1682
grandkids per female life: 1.39 => 2.28
kills: 40 -> 1.94% => 3.46%
avg. victim age: 25.44
victim female probability: 35.00%
==========================================

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-03-16 07:40:09)

#100 2019-03-16 07:42:50

Whatever

Yes Thaulos, it changes the percentages, nice the way you show it.
I also replaced elderDeaths with timeIgnored.
I see there is a lot of ignored time for some people. Maybe disconnects should not be ignored but only deaths under the age of 3

Board footer