One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-14 15:19:25

fragilityh14

Just noticed "Desert Eden" on the wiki bug page

I found this amusing, from OHOL Wiki, it reads like a its from Genesis or something lol:

"Desert Eden

Until the Temperature Overhaul update, the boundaries between biomes were a midpoint between each biome's temperature. In v.71, after desert was added, players realized that there were ideal temperature tiles at the edges of deserts which were perfect for raising babies. With their near perfect temperature, desert camps emerged as the optimal strategy, and the demand for clothes virtually disappeared. Additionally, after the jungle biome was added in v.170, the death sentence which was getting Yellow Fever while fully clothed, actively discouraged the use of clothes.

Great and wondrous towns were born on these "Desert Eden"s. But players grew complacent, and the big towns stagnated. Civilizations developed higher technology, such as radios and airplanes. Yet, men, women and children alike ran around stark naked.

Some players complained to the developer about their "nakedness". And in v.200, Jason sent players forth out into the cold; The new rework of the temperature system made the desert and jungle much hotter, and a Temperature Shock component was added. This meant that settling in hot biomes was no longer a viable option, and clothes were now useful and necessary. Some praised Jason, while others cursed him, as they had grown used to their easy lives. But players adapted soon after, and new towns emerged featuring clothes and buildings. Rabbit hunting regained popularity. And various minor tweaks to the new temperature system were discussed and implemented. Thus is the tale of the "Desert Eden"."

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#2 2019-03-14 16:25:09

futurebird

Re: Just noticed "Desert Eden" on the wiki bug page

It is seriously biblical. Right down to the being naked part. Can we get an update that lets us build the tower of babel?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-03-14 16:41:01

DestinyCall

Except in the Bible, God gets mad and kicks humanity out of Eden because they DON'T want to be naked anymore.   

When you think about it, that's a little messed up ...

#4 2019-03-15 01:13:42

Greep

Regarding Babel: "God, observing their city and tower, confounds their speech so that they can no longer understand each other, and scatters them around the world."

So basically.. OHOL.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

Board footer