One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-14 12:12:42

Sanshuba

Once upon a jail

A user posted about no one posting histories, so I decided to do that.
But, my English is so so, there’ll be some grammar issues.

I was born in a locked kitchen, there was blood everywhere, a lot of bones, knives and a ton of pies. I was trying to figure out what was happening...

fMAlueM.jpg

My name was Ginger Painter, daughter of Hana Painter. My sisters Rebeca and Fathia were locked as well together my aunt. BB Painter, a devious man locked them years ago, Rebeca was born inside the jail, she was very depressive, but our mother gave her a crown.

Rebeca told me some rules: Old people die, boys die due to save food. Only eat when really needed.
It sounded good, because we didn’t know how much time we would be locked, the food wouldn’t last forever. My aunt just gave up and decided to stop eating, she starved. My mother got old, then Rebeca said: If you eat you dead.
Rebeca had a knife and my mother understood the reasons... died.

So it was just me and my sisters, we thought they forgot about us or even worse, BB Painter could had killed everyone outside.

iCDeaBG.jpg

When I was fourteen, my first child borned, Hope (Her nickname on forum is Hedge). Fathia has a girl as well, the little Locke.

Rebeca was getting depressive again, because she had no kid. Then she stabbed Fathia and stole her kid. I was a little bit afraid, but the town was running low on girls, so I decided to don’t kill Rebeca... yet.

Nancy, my outside-sister, was hunting BB Painter to see if he had the keys. She tried for dozen of years, without success.

j8mG1Hp.jpg

Alas, my daughter Hope died of an unknown reason (She tried to reborn outside to make keys). The time was running really fast and the little Locke was already a grown woman. Rebeca got really old and refuses to die, she was thriating us with a knife. But we were running out of food and no one was making keys, so I did what I had to do.

After that, I got a really beautiful crown. BB Painter his the horse and took a bow and arrow to try to kill Nancy, but she’s stabbed him. Nancy and BB Painter were very old, but at least she revenged us and he couldn’t hid his loot.

BB Painter was a kind of demon, I think he is Toxic, but I am not sure. He stole the horse, hid weapons, locked us and destroyed the altar. There was a beautiful altar, with lot of trees around, flowers and bonsais.

3nPs0OZ.jpg

Twelve years after, no keys... Nancy died of old age and most of people outside didn’t know about us. I was very old, forty seven years. Locked asked me to don’t leave her. I was afraid she would gave up, so I stayed. She had a pretty girl, Terra. The third generation inside the jail, but our food would last eight years more or less. But we were helpful, because a little girl called Apple told us she was making the keys. (It was Hedge, my first daughter).

aSaL5D9.jpg

One year after, the 60th anniversary of the jail, sixty years after BB Painter locked my family, Apple broke free, She really made the key and opened the door, I couldn’t believe. She freed two fertile girls and me, a old useless woman...

lFIxPgg.jpg

I was too old and weak, didn’t know the area outside the jail, but I decided to make something useful. Pine doors. People can’t lock them, so it’s harder to griefer. They can remover them and put a wooden door instead and lock it, but it’s harder because people are more likely to see. The recipe is easy, four tied long shaft, put them together, then add one rope and then pine. It’s very expensive, five ropes, but if you have a lot of those doors, people are less likely to lock the building.

n46Wxnx.jpg

I was almost dying, very very far from home, I tried to make the door ASAP and runto put it on the building, when I arrived, I was fifty nine, gave Apple my crown, she more than deserved the crown. Removed the door, put stakes, round stones and finally pine...

Wall, it was a pine wall, I wasted five ropes and forgot to put a short shaft, and worse, I locked people inside the building. I was too old to make something about it, I decided to choose good final words to show BB Painter we were free. Apple was making more keys, and there were three pies left in the jail, so probably the girl broke free.

Thank you Hedge (Hope/Apple), you doubled fertile girls on the town, possible saved it.

tkxKDOD.jpg

You can see extra information, taking a look on family tree:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3780683

Last edited by Sanshuba (2019-03-15 12:10:29)

#2 2019-03-14 13:09:46

DestinyCall

Re: Once upon a jail

Oh hey, I was in this town a few generations before you were born.   I remember the tree shrine.   It really was quite beautiful.   My name was Georgette Painter and I was in Gen 45.   

I spent the last years of my life adding wooden paths through the large berry patch so future generations would be able to pick and tend the berries more easily.   Sadly, I wasn't able to finish the last road because one of the bushes I was trying to remove got tended by someone who didn't realize what I was trying to accomplish.  I'm happy to see that the young man who offered to finish my road followed through and made the stone path near that horse cart on the left-hand side of the berry patch.   

There was another building in town that had been griefed by a door-locker before I was born.   All four doors were locked and a wall was broken.  You can see it to the upper right from the bakery.  No one used that building.    Not sure what it was - maybe the nursery?  It was pretty much empty inside.  During my life, the bakery had three unlocked doors and one door that had a lock on it already.   I considered removing the other doors to discourage more door locking, but I hoped that people wouldn't be so terrible twice in the same town.   I guess that was wishful thinking.   Maybe the locked doors gave someone the same bad idea or maybe the same griefer came back to finish his work.  The layout of that town was pretty bad and it had too many kilns all over the place - probably constructed by griefer(s) so they could make locks without people noticing.   I wish I had followed through with my idea to fix the doors, but then again, I doubt that would have stopped BB Painter from doing something terrible to the town.

The majority of my life was uneventful, but it was not my favorite town.   The awkward layout and obvious signs of griefing were depressing and made me feel paranoid.  I even made myself a knife, because I had the feeling I might need it eventually.   I rarely do that, but I found a blade blank lying on the ground and I didn't want to see it made into more locks.   In hindsight, I probably should have made shears instead.

Unfortunately, my life ended on a sour note.   In my old age, I was approached by one of my grand-daughters.   She asked if I would be dying soon (always a good sign) and then wanted to know if she could have my knife (even better sign) so she could kill sheep.   I was two minutes away from 60, so I gave her the knife and hoped I was making the right choice.   A minute and a half later, I heard a scream.   Followed it over to find my knife sticking out of a random person.   My last words were "That is not a sheep." 

I think that town might have been cursed.    But don't those wooden paths look nice?

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-03-14 13:13:54)

#3 2019-03-14 16:40:17

futurebird

I was in this town too, but before the trees in the shrine got cut down. I hope they were replanted. What an amazing life!

The shrine was lovely. I also remember the north building with the jagged wall, we used it for burritos and I taught a man how to make them in game, (we moved the operation to the field near the bean plants which was a great idea on his part.)

I loved reading this. You should use the img tag so the images show up in the post!

3KxXoEI.jpg

Such a lovely town. I think I came back and saw the pine doors in another life. You are a hero.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-03-15 11:52:46

Sanshuba

DestinyCall wrote:

Oh hey, I was in this town a few generations before you were born.   I remember the tree shrine.   It really was quite beautiful.   My name was Georgette Painter and I was in Gen 45.   

I spent the last years of my life adding wooden paths through the large berry patch so future generations would be able to pick and tend the berries more easily.   Sadly, I wasn't able to finish the last road because one of the bushes I was trying to remove got tended by someone who didn't realize what I was trying to accomplish.  I'm happy to see that the young man who offered to finish my road followed through and made the stone path near that horse cart on the left-hand side of the berry patch.   

There was another building in town that had been griefed by a door-locker before I was born.   All four doors were locked and a wall was broken.  You can see it to the upper right from the bakery.  No one used that building.    Not sure what it was - maybe the nursery?  It was pretty much empty inside.  During my life, the bakery had three unlocked doors and one door that had a lock on it already.   I considered removing the other doors to discourage more door locking, but I hoped that people wouldn't be so terrible twice in the same town.   I guess that was wishful thinking.   Maybe the locked doors gave someone the same bad idea or maybe the same griefer came back to finish his work.  The layout of that town was pretty bad and it had too many kilns all over the place - probably constructed by griefer(s) so they could make locks without people noticing.   I wish I had followed through with my idea to fix the doors, but then again, I doubt that would have stopped BB Painter from doing something terrible to the town.

The majority of my life was uneventful, but it was not my favorite town.   The awkward layout and obvious signs of griefing were depressing and made me feel paranoid.  I even made myself a knife, because I had the feeling I might need it eventually.   I rarely do that, but I found a blade blank lying on the ground and I didn't want to see it made into more locks.   In hindsight, I probably should have made shears instead.

Unfortunately, my life ended on a sour note.   In my old age, I was approached by one of my grand-daughters.   She asked if I would be dying soon (always a good sign) and then wanted to know if she could have my knife (even better sign) so she could kill sheep.   I was two minutes away from 60, so I gave her the knife and hoped I was making the right choice.   A minute and a half later, I heard a scream.   Followed it over to find my knife sticking out of a random person.   My last words were "That is not a sheep." 

I think that town might have been cursed.    But don't those wooden paths look nice?

Haha lol. The city was bad, but a lot of drama happened there. Sadly it died 2 generations after me. Terra (borned inside the jail), was the last fertile girl.

When I was trying to make a pine door, I saw a second town in construction, probably more people were annoyed with the layout and griefing signs.

And also, I saw you on the family tree, I was wandering why you said “It’s not a sheep”, I imagined someone was trying to shear a goat. But it was even worse.

#5 2019-03-15 11:58:09

Sanshuba

futurebird wrote:

I was in this town too, but before the trees in the shrine got cut down. I hope they were replanted. What an amazing life!

The shrine was lovely. I also remember the north building with the jagged wall, we used it for burritos and I taught a man how to make them in game, (we moved the operation to the field near the bean plants which was a great idea on his part.)

I loved reading this. You should use the img tag so the images show up in the post!

https://i.imgur.com/3KxXoEI.jpg

Such a lovely town. I think I came back and saw the pine doors in another life. You are a hero.

Alas, the town died and they didn’t replant the trees. Hopefully someone will find it one day. This week I was born in a town that I lived like one month ago, I thought it was wiped, but someone found it. So may be, someone will find it and we will recognize it.

And about the images, I was afraid of wasting data of who opens the topic. Next time will put the tag.

3nPs0OZ.jpg

Last edited by Sanshuba (2019-03-15 12:04:59)

#6 2019-03-15 15:15:08

WomanWizard

What a shame to see what happened to that place. I had one of my most peaceful lives there, though admittedly it was probably one of my least productive.

My mom and aunt were writing notes for the shrine when I was born. I had two little sisters that I clothed with junk I found lying around on the ground and/or snatched from the corpses of recently deceased old people. My mom had a red sweater that I got to see passed down for four whole generations, reminding each one that it was a family heirloom. My great neice, who had the sweater last during my lifetime, was just telling her mother that she was new as we kitted her out with what was left of my clothing. I wish I could have stuck around to teach her some stuff, but I was just about sixty at that point so there was no time. My sister named one of her sons after me and I gave him my wolf hat, which also used to belong to our mother.

I spent a lot of time in the garden, which we called the Garden of Life at the time. Lots of "Praise be"s being flung around that place. I carted wood to the bakery so neither of the fires would go out, made some extra pads when it looked like we were only down to one, and dug up a few bushes in the berry field because it looked like someone had been making a path and there were two bushes in the way at the time. I stabbed a man in the garden because he shot some poor woman, and we didn't have any thread by the pads to heal her. It felt so dirty having to kill him in a place that we called the Garden of Life, but it was what it was.  Some guy thought our altar needed a sacrifice and begged me to stab him. I told him it was "the Garden of Life, not the Garden of Death."

I found another batch of notes north of the shrine and brought them down right before I died. "Clothe the naked" "Teach the young" They seemed like good points, and as someone who spent his life clothing the naked I thought those ideas should be heard.

It was a relaxing life, and kind of exactly what I needed at the time. Sometimes you just want to have a heartwarming connection with your in-game family, you know? So sad to see the place griefed like that, but I suppose it was inevitable. After all, it took the town killing three griefers in my supposedly peaceful life to keep things "peaceful."

#7 2019-03-15 15:20:11

DestinyCall

Interesting - any idea what generation that was?

I'm curious if we were in town at the same time.   I didn't spend much time in the garden, but I did see a few griefers get killed during my life and I was working on paths in the berry patch.

#8 2019-03-15 16:00:54

Toxic
Banned

It’s intereting very interesting, who could that griefer be? I have locked many town but not that one. I still do think i P know E who locked that I town tho N. The thing is that I was responsible for a single thing in that town I went and checked my life’s family tree. I was responsible for some of the killings in earlier generation but that was me trying to experiment how much people fall for greed. I told people I would give them crown if they stabbed someone and they did. So this town was pretty small back then but this was definetely not me.

#9 2019-03-15 16:58:48

WomanWizard

It looks like I was generation 35. I don't know that anyone was actively working on the path in my lifetime since it didn't look like progress was being made. I saw some boards in place and two bushes blocking the path, so I removed them and don't remember seeing anyone do anything with that empty space. But I was a little preoccupied making sure the fires were going and the garden was free of bones, and in general doing generic chatting and RP. I didn't feel like picking up any major projects that life, just maintaining the stuff that was already there.

My name was Keyron Painter, and my last words were "We a" because I was moving a seemingly useless note out of the garden to be replaced with the more meaningful ones my cousin wrote.

#10 2019-03-15 17:07:52

DestinyCall

In that case, you were about ten generations ahead of me.    In my life, there was a single path through the berries and the rest was overgrown and fairly unorganized.  I got started on the berry patch project too late in my life, because I spent my youth making compost, cleaning up random clutter, and searching for tools.   Fixing a badly designed berry patch always takes longer than expected, because you have to wait until the berry is in its languishing state to remove it.   If anyone adds dirt to the bush you want to remove, then you must wait more than ten years before that bush can be removed.   Missing one chance at a berry bush late in life can mean that you won't have another chance during your lifetime.   

Still, I consider a well-designed, easy-to-tend berry patch to be a better legacy to leave behind than a fully-enclosed stone building.   More functional for the town and less danger from asshole griefers killing your lineage by misusing your hard work some day.

#11 2019-03-15 18:32:28

WomanWizard

I absolutely agree with you about berry patches! Big, disorganized farms kill. Well-designed ones saves lives.

Of course, getting those initial bushes out of the way can be a pain when you have dedicated berry tenders doing their job properly. I find that once you slap that first tile down at the edge of the field things ease up a bit because people can start to see what you're doing. Not everyone gets the message though.

#12 2019-03-15 19:05:46

Grim_Arbiter

I see nobody found my somewhat hidden shrine in the south west corner of town. If that town ever gets revived we need two more in the other corners.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#13 2019-03-16 04:50:26

Sanshuba

DestinyCall wrote:

Interesting - any idea what generation that was?

I'm curious if we were in town at the same time.   I didn't spend much time in the garden, but I did see a few griefers get killed during my life and I was working on paths in the berry patch.

I was generation 46.

#14 2019-03-18 00:04:42

YannaChan
Banned

That reminds me of a life.

There were people in a locked building, I was fortunately born outside the building. Someone unlocked the door, but I think the building got locked again with people inside.

Board footer