One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-03-11 21:18:29

DestinyCall

Re: I just killed a MEGACITY with 15 + people!

Another option to avoid door griefing ... build all-door buildings. 

Instead of building a room with stone or adobe walls and two pine doors, just make a bunch of wooden doors.  Lots and lots of wooden doors.  A single pine door costs five ropes.  A wood door costs one rope.   With ten ropes, you can make two lock-proof pine doors for a normal room or ten wooden doors that can be used like walls.  A 3x3 room with doors for walls is nearly impossible to block or lock - you would need to make and apply nine locks without getting caught.    And if you want to make the room larger, you can simply remove the doors to reconfigure the room layout later on.  A larger room is even more resistant to griefing because it has even more doors. 

I wish there was an option to put up easily removable hide walls made from buffalo skins, but right now, wooden "walls" are the best anti-griefing option available.  The milkweed cost is not significant when you compare with making multiple pine door entry points.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-03-11 21:22:19)

#27 2019-03-12 05:12:07

w0wma

i will feed into your need of attention. which is obvious seeing as you posted about your griefing, then acted as if you were 'teaching' people by probably making them not want to play/taking the fun out of the game for them. insert deep exhale. otherwise... good job!

#28 2019-03-12 05:56:19

Toxic
Banned

Guys just because someone griefed a village doesn’t mean there young or stupid. It’s fact that most of you have griefed villages time to time. Anyways most villages that you guys play in are made by me. I have 4 active lineages with big cities going right now. I actually spend my time eveing so you guys can go in play in my villages and end them. Half of the time people like you that call me young are messing up my villages because they don’t know how to play.

So what if I kill 1 village but make 4 there’s a difference. So plz go and learn how to play the game then teach me. I don’t just grief villages everyday, when you know how to do everything in the game sometimes it’s to boring to not grief.

#29 2019-03-12 06:41:23

w0wma

Toxic wrote:

Guys just because someone griefed a village doesn’t mean there young or stupid. It’s fact that most of you have griefed villages time to time. Anyways most villages that you guys play in are made by me. I have 4 active lineages with big cities going right now. I actually spend my time eveing so you guys can go in play in my villages and end them. Half of the time people like you that call me young are messing up my villages because they don’t know how to play.

So what if I kill 1 village but make 4 there’s a difference. So plz go and learn how to play the game then teach me. I don’t just grief villages everyday, when you know how to do everything in the game sometimes it’s to boring to not grief.

i'll feed into this and respond with; just because you created 4 villages doesn't give you the right to destroy one megacity. that was someone elses' hard work and family. plus most of the people posting seem to have quite a bit of experience.

#30 2019-03-12 10:10:57

Sanshuba

At least you gave a plenty of babies to other towns and Eve camps. I mean... there is a good side.

#31 2019-03-12 10:20:57

Sanshuba

Toxic wrote:

I don’t think it’s true. I mean... if you save four people, you can’t kill one person. You can donate to charity, but you can’t steal someone because of that. It doesn’t work like that. I know it’s a game, but still doesn’t make sense since that game tries to simulate the real life.

So... no. If you build four houses, you can’t destroy somebody else’s house. Neither villages.

And I would like to see a print of your thrieving lineages, because I want to see if I am one of your descendents.

And... Even if you built a great village, you’re not special. When you build a good village and long lineage, you’re simply stealing babies from Eve camps and other towns. So if you don’t build a town, somebody else will do, because they’ll have more babies, and a lot of towns die because they ran out of girls.

I’m not judging you, it’s just my point of view.

#32 2019-03-12 10:43:24

Greep

Toxic wrote:

Eh, people place way too much importance on the Eve in creating a long lineage.  It actually has basically no importance at all.  If eve died almost immediately with a girl on a good spot and that girl was as experienced as the Eve, you can see how this would not change the town's survival significantly.  Multiply this by the crap shoot of experience with 10 offspring in gen 1-3.

Median lineage survival rate would denote an experienced player, but nobody brags about this xD

Creating many extra lineages by forcing yourself to eve actually weakens the overall amount of big cities paradoxically.  E.g., if 10 people created successful eve camps all at once, most likely all existing big cities will fail.

I can see why someone would resort to griefing out of boredom, though.  Lack of communication UI/controls make the game practically single player unless you're on discord.  Sadly, when you think about it, griefing is the most social activity in the game.  Not much else can be done together since anything useful requires more then 4 "tweets" or so hmm

Last edited by Greep (2019-03-12 10:59:09)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#33 2019-03-12 11:13:36

futurebird

Toxic wrote:

It’s fact that most of you have griefed villages time to time.

I kind of doubt this is true. I don't really get what is fun about greifing. Its so easy and predictable. What I enjoy is when I build something and see it later still being used, or having been repurposed. That and bringing people gifts in the game.

You know whats fun? Making some pork tacos and going around saying "taco delivery!" and giving people who are working hard some tacos. Or making a backpack and finding the person who obviously needs it and giving it to them. Or saving someone from a boar goring with needle and pads.

Or getting gifts, or being saved. Its fun.

Griefing is just hiding the bellows and opening the sheep pen and generally making everything terrible. It's easy and obvious.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#34 2019-03-12 22:11:04

Spoonwood

Greep wrote:

Eh, people place way too much importance on the Eve in creating a long lineage.  It actually has basically no importance at all.  If eve died almost immediately with a girl on a good spot and that girl was as experienced as the Eve, you can see how this would not change the town's survival significantly.  Multiply this by the crap shoot of experience with 10 offspring in gen 1-3.

Median lineage survival rate would denote an experienced player, but nobody brags about this xD

Creating many extra lineages by forcing yourself to eve actually weakens the overall amount of big cities paradoxically.  E.g., if 10 people created successful eve camps all at once, most likely all existing big cities will fail.

I can see why someone would resort to griefing out of boredom, though.  Lack of communication UI/controls make the game practically single player unless you're on discord.  Sadly, when you think about it, griefing is the most social activity in the game.  Not much else can be done together since anything useful requires more then 4 "tweets" or so hmm

This.  Especially the part about the importance of Eve.  I had great Eve runs where my children didn't do enough and things didn't last long.  Eve Milk, who is Wasabi_Tonic on Twitch, had a poor Eve run here http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3754827, doing better Eve runs at the very least in terms of how long he lived, that same morning.  But, his weakest run for him lasted the longest.  The Knight family lasted for 84 generations here: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3740381  Eve Knight only lived until 24.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer