One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-04 04:43:30

futurebird

[idea] tool rack

What is the most annoying part of this game? People taking the flint chip or plate when you are making soup. People taking the bowl when you are smelting. Basically key tools and items get grabbed.

The tool rack is made by putting a fence kit on a sledge then hitting it with a mallet.

It makes a kind of rack on the sledge that can hold tools (ax,ho,shovel, saw, ads, pick etc.) The bottom of the sledge can still hold baskets and items. (this is where you put flint chips and bowls) So it holds 8 items, but 4 must be tools only.

Setting up a tool rack would make items a little less likely to be taken by mistake, and help new players see what items go together.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-03-04 04:47:48

Trick

Re: [idea] tool rack

Trick wrote:

Once cities get large enough, there is literally shit on every tile for as far as you can see in all directions, and it's absolutely maddening.  I think 50% of my gameplay ends up being 'find the ______'. 

A great deal of stuff doesn't stack, even though that's entirely illogical.  Trying to organize it is ridiculous because people just come and take things and drop them wherever anyway, and who wants to play the "collect things into somewhat logical areas for an hour" game?

Suggestions:

- They had weapons racks back in the day - put two fence kits together and make it a tool rack.  All tools get stored on it.  It would be so awesome if we had designated storage locations where you could reliably go to find things.  There would be an expectation that people put things back to where they belonged.
- More things need to stack.  It's insane that 1 carrot takes up a whole tile.  Surely we can stack fricken carrots!  Clothes should be able to stack.  All of the billions of little metal pieces of the same kinds should be stackable.
- Shelving units that hold 6 full baskets.  The unit can have a 'sign' on it that says what the contents are (e.g., kitchen, seeds, metal, etc.).

The disorganization and crap everywhere is really frustrating.  You can never reliably find something.  No one leaves things where they found them.  Crap ends up spewing all over the damn map.  And as time goes on and more stuff gets introduced, this problem is just going to get worse.

Thanks for sharing my idea big_smile

#3 2019-03-04 10:36:09

voy178

Re: [idea] tool rack

Trick wrote:

Thanks for sharing my idea big_smile

You're not the only one who has ever thought of the use of a tool rack to date.

Board footer