One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-01 11:00:05

Vexenie

Roman update

This focuses on the technologies in the roman empire

Marble:
Marble would be found in the rocklands/mountains as a rare-ish resource, which is beautiful and only for decoration reasons
You could make statues from other players, if only that player is close to it in a 3x3 tile radius, the block of marble being in the center
You can chop it up to make marble floors and wall as well pillars

Pillars:
Those can give a building a stylish look and you can use pillars for levitated water canals to bring water from one place to the other without it being much in the way

Armour:
I have asked about this for god knows how long and now that we have bronze or copper, we should be now able to make armour to protect ourselves from griefers trying to stab or shoot us
They range from regular helmets and chest plates to those detailed chest plates and helmets with those red or such hairs on it

Giving a use to helmets and armour:
Armour is understandable, as it protects you from griefers and wild animals, but why helmets?
Helmets protect you from head injuries, as you may hit your head while tripping or hitting it on a branch
Some give you debuffs, some need treatment and a few result in an instant death
instant deaths are rare and hitting your head with a branch or by tripping is very rare, but human and animal attack to your head have a highers chance

clothes:
Roman clothes were simple that covered up the you-know-what parts by being a big or small skirt like clothes piece, the simplest clothes being just a piece of large cloth, tied to the body

Currency:
To get money, more like coins, you'll need a gold bar and a saw
You'll get 20 coins from 1 gold bar
Coins are for roleplay and such reasons
I'd like to see merchant players selling other players tools and such for a price, sometimes hilariously high prices
coins can be stored in a rabbit pouch, which fit 100 coins AKA 5 gold bars worth of gold

The romans were pretty advanced people at the time, so I thought might as well advance civilization in game smile

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2019-03-01 12:24:54

NetherCrow
Website

Re: Roman update

good Idea. We want to see more beautiful building.

Btw. The roman is the earliest nation using concrete (by natural Volcanic ash). So their buildings are so stable to save 2000 years.

Chinese Mobile Players are the best griefer around the world. I am ashamed of them. They invent the auto-baby-killer and grave-baby-prison to avoid Others Break their Eve Chain. And the griefer use bear and bow to kill every eve player for their REVENGE. All animal and kiln are killed or destroyed because of envy and hatred.

#3 2019-03-01 12:28:59

Tipy

I love it!

Build bell towers not apocalypse towers

#4 2019-03-01 15:21:33

Gabby

Gotta keep in mind that, just like we would be able to wear armor to protect ourselves from griefers, the griefers could wear armor to protect themselves from us. Not saying that armor shouldn't be added eventually, but just wondering how it would work.

I was thinking that, instead of stopping you from being wounded, it could increase the time you have before dying, so you have more time to reach the town if you get wounded in the wilderness and people have more time to heal you. Then if a griefer gets their grubby hands on some armor, they don't become impossible to kill, because armor won't, by itself, stop people from getting wounded and dying. Then, the better the armor, the more seconds you have before dying.

Last edited by Gabby (2019-03-01 15:22:00)

Be nice to the mouflon

#5 2019-03-01 16:10:54

Grim_Arbiter

Gabby wrote:

Gotta keep in mind that, just like we would be able to wear armor to protect ourselves from griefers, the griefers could wear armor to protect themselves from us. Not saying that armor shouldn't be added eventually, but just wondering how it would work.

I was thinking that, instead of stopping you from being wounded, it could increase the time you have before dying, so you have more time to reach the town if you get wounded in the wilderness and people have more time to heal you. Then if a griefer gets their grubby hands on some armor, they don't become impossible to kill, because armor won't, by itself, stop people from getting wounded and dying. Then, the better the armor, the more seconds you have before dying.

If there were two types of armor it could be done. Both weapons already lie around in the open too often now anways.

One stab proof (chainmail maybe)

One arrow proof (maybe some kind of plate armor?)

*Bonus armored boots. (No snake bites)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#6 2019-03-02 00:51:45

antking:]#

I think you misted the most important part of the roman empire... wine!

but with the armor I think that it should be a game of chance, every piece of armor increase your chance of being hit or attack (animals), but most importantly their should be a consequence in wearing armor! (why not every one wears steel plating under their T-shirts) so I think the consequence of wearing armor is simple armor is heavy! so with the more you wear the slower you will walk... it won't be a big difference. also armor wouldn't give insulation, but would increase heat dramatically, because people sweat.

no to make armor better the longer you wear it the faster you get until you return to normal speed... indicating that you have gone accustomed to the weight... also you should be able to wear roman tunics under the armor. you might say it would Increase the all ready hot user, but the tunic is light and won't cause much of a heat change but will insulate, protection against heat or cold shock!

that how I summarize armor in OHOL

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#7 2019-03-02 01:18:06

breezeknight

not romans again mad

besides, this game is not historic
if it would be a historic game, then it should start with Lucy & in Africa & follow the development of humans
but it isn't, it's sort of an allegory

#8 2019-03-03 12:20:18

Vexenie

breezeknight wrote:

not romans again mad

besides, this game is not historic
if it would be a historic game, then it should start with Lucy & in Africa & follow the development of humans
but it isn't, it's sort of an allegory

I used the name "Roman", because of the marble and clothing ideas, it isn't roman, it just ideas that may have originated from Rome
Again, I'm not saying it's historic because I mentioned Rome, I'm saying some of the tech I wrote in this post is Roman, or Greek if you care

BTW I'm not butthurt in any way, it seems you are the one who is le butthurt

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

Board footer