One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-23 08:37:42

Psykout

Blessing - A positive token

Had an idea come to me when I was driving home from work tonight. I was thinking about how I really enjoy starting up the groundwork for a camp, making the sheep pen, bakery, tailor (Definitely think this has become a job worthy of a room now?). It's great to have the time to complete these in one life if there is resources at hand. Usually it can be a struggle to establish just a couple major foundations depending on the camp. I feel like either you pop up in a few lively towns that are crazy decked out, or in one of a dozen camps that just aren't going to get there. The ratio of people that are efficient and know how to structure end game towns and foresee layout versus those that can do basic productive tasks like farming or doing a compost cycle is much leaner. With a couple more good nudges they'd have a shot to grow and get their name on the board. If only I had a little more time to get the pump up, they'd last long enough to get a few good babies.

So I wondered how to achieve that within reason and keeping loopholes in mind. Also not wanting to heavily interfere with the in place lineage ban, or to have a cheesy way to get another birther. In an effort to curb greifers using this, I wondered if a group decision mechanic could be plausible. Further still the player would have a choice if they wanted to agree with this group choice. When accepting this choice, spawning back in you know the layout, you know where everything is, you know what needs to be done, you are ready to go. Right out of the gate, as a child you are limited on what you can do. Both by hunger mechanics and certain objects can't be interacted with. So I thought about killing two birds with one stone, you get a shorter life but can pick up heavy objects and ride horses. You are a boy so you can't have babies furthering the line, purely a workhorse to git er done. You are....

Adam

Spawn as a boy
Spawn 15-30 years old.                                                                     I say up to thirty because you can tweak how much time they get easiest by age of spawn
Must receive 6+ blessings to be eligble                                              You get one bless token per hour like curse tokens. The amount of blessings needed could be tweaked to increase the rarity of this happening. Balance wise - maybe an adam in a town once every few hours
*Must die 55+*                                                                                Can't load someone up with blessings before they go out and scout or something as a safety. Also if you have been blessed being foolish carries weight, caring for the village is needed to get back, during a famine its the old folks and kids going out first.
Choose Reborn (normal) Reincarnate (Blessed respawn)                      To give the player the final choice. New full one hour life in a new lineage - or respawn back for shorter life
Once Per Lineage                                                                              Also works in the favor of; you are trying to hopefully make the camp be a town and last awhile, you get one shot. This coincides with cooldown restrictions aswell. You would still have a chance to be a normal baby in that lineage when your ban wears off but not be blessed again.
Cooldown                                                                                         Can only spawn as an Adam once every X hours. After spawning as an adam you can not be blessed until your cooldown is up. When attempting to bless someone on cooldown it would show up in chat [ "/bless John Doe"] but not be yellow or blue.

At first thought per life, get 8 blessings - get to reincarnate. Got 7 and died, next life back to zero. Then after typing it all out I wondered if it could be possible to have them be player based and raise the amount 15+. Whenever you have enough, if you meet the above criteria, you can Adam in. Always consumes all blessings, can't store them up, better to use sooner rather than later. It would nice to see this be more of a way to give reward to someone doing well, rather than a group gathering everyone bless so and so. Someone sets up a nice pen fast and get sheep going /bless you. Found and tapped and iron vein and have spent half your life hauling it all back /bless you. Man can dream, what do you guys think? Breaks the vision too much? I worry about that.

Board footer