One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-20 21:24:49

Bob 101

Is the game really too brutal for new/casual players?

I'm on the fence about it.

Towns certainly seem alot less stable now, Keeping up with demands of the growing population isn't easy.

But I have seen several successful towns make 40-50 generations. In which most people are clothed even with a high pop.

Decent players can start naked but make themselves full gear by the time they grew up. Anyone kid I manage to get clothed as a baby seems to live awhile.

Even in an Eve scenario you can make clothes albeit it's more difficult. Still, You can skin mouflons.

But I don't know. Obviously new players aren't likely to be able to make their own gear. Only scraps from corpses or what others make for them.

Is it feasible to have a small surplus of clothing to give to newborns. Or is the game really too hard for new players?

I'm open to opinions.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-02-20 21:32:12)

#2 2019-02-20 21:38:05

fragilityh14

Re: Is the game really too brutal for new/casual players?

no, it's fun and exciting, i've played with a few noobs recently who were doing fine. I mean they didn't live whole lives, but they survived long enough to learn things, one i taught about the basics of farming, another was at least able to see how to make fire (including making the equipment)

I had a noob eve mom on her third game who lived to 45.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#3 2019-02-21 03:40:03

Peremptive

it would be interesting to hear actual noob opinions, they too busy populating the graveyards though.

#4 2019-02-21 04:15:10

MrTiny

Hi all. Just purchased the game this week. At first I was really lost. But now I have some confidence to even live alone in the wild. The game is so cool!

#5 2019-02-22 06:59:28

Jadelink

The game itself is fine, it has a fairly steep learning curve compared to most hand-holding mainstream stuff, but not as harsh as many.

Life as a newbie was mostly difficult due to more experienced players.  I've watched people be killed for trying to learn how to smith in an advanced town, or just admitting they were new in a 3rd gen camp.

Thankfully sometimes you meet someone who understands how to take your round and show you their job as you help out.

Board footer