One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-20 20:11:51

CrazyEddie

Re: A new player's perspective... I want to find ruins like in the videos.

fragilityh14 wrote:

I don't believe the Eves are really that far spaced,  but I don't know for sure.

Each new Eve spawn along the Eve spiral is 250 tiles away from the previous spawn on the spiral (although the actual spawn location is randomly placed within 50 tiles of the designated "spawn point").

#27 2019-02-20 21:16:51

fragilityh14

oh, wow, all the times I've seen a burning fire and thought someone had just been there...in reality someone walked off with it burning and died...

I had observed this with the rabbits, it should have been obvious that applied to everything. When i found that ruin I assumed the floppy baskets meant it had been just 10 hours but not 11, or whatever basket decay rates are.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#28 2019-02-20 23:54:31

Grim_Arbiter

Ok, today I learned about the ghost fires and now I feel at ease.

I'm a little late to this post but the abandoned towns are definitely out there. It's definitely a side hobby of mine in this game but like stated, should only be done in certain circumstances.

I have an old topic on finding ruins that maybe I should update..

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#29 2019-02-21 03:31:44

Peremptive

Tarr wrote:

You can see other animals in this sort of stasis at times too. Wolves, mouflons, bears, boars, etc just standing still without moving at all. Once you attempt to interact with them they'll become active again and attempt to move.

So when a biome threat is still it is usually because it is bugged? I find creating more tiles it can walk to helps it get unstuck usually.

#30 2019-02-21 03:37:58

Tarr
Banned

Peremptive wrote:
Tarr wrote:

You can see other animals in this sort of stasis at times too. Wolves, mouflons, bears, boars, etc just standing still without moving at all. Once you attempt to interact with them they'll become active again and attempt to move.

So when a biome threat is still it is usually because it is bugged? I find creating more tiles it can walk to helps it get unstuck usually.

It's basically them going to sleep to save space on the server. It's not a bug it's just a feature to prevent the server from having to keep track of millions of active animals all at once. You can do all sorts of stuff to get them unstuck such as touching them, trying to shoot them, or just doing stuff around them.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer