One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-13 21:50:39

Solbusaur

Rabbit Hunter

As Laaibah II, I spawned in a city with a few crazy things going on. For one, a bear was harassing the town, and people were bleeding all over the place. My ma was also feeding me while she was clearly old, and a massive plot of carrots was just being neglected. I got raised by another man in the meantime, he was very kind, shame I forgot his name.
unknown.png
The next few years, I don't quite remember, but I recall gathering up random rabbit furs I found lying around to make me a nice kit. It seemed some other people also wanted clothes, so I thought it would be convenient for them to hunt some rabbits. I was too young at the time to go on a massive run, but I did get enough for me to at least complete my kit.
unknown.png
I felt a bit disconnected from the town, to be honest. There wasn't a lot of human interaction since I spent the rest of my life gathering rabbits. It started from a quick little run and became an obsessive repetitive task where every rabbit hole that crossed my screen HAD to be slaughtered.
I even found a cart with baskets in the savannah, someone had clearly died doing what I did. I took it, and it helped out a BUNCH.
unknown.png?width=1200&height=613
So I just hunted for years on end. I kept dropping off rabbits in columns of three, and saw a young lass who also wanted to make a contribution. She later starved, however, I found her body and her stuff one time coming back with my cart.
I just couldn't stop, and some people appreciated my efforts. A lot of people were pretty wowed too, at how much game was here in the hunting grounds.
unknown.png?width=1193&height=613
unknown.png?width=1259&height=613

It was a good life, and I hope my son Rabab is out there somewhere. I raised him at the end of my life, and decided to go to sleep in the savannah.

Me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3375201

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2019-02-13 22:26:27

LucidFugue

Re: Rabbit Hunter

I love living dedicated lives like this sometimes. Just seeing how much you can add to a village in a certain way. Like making multiple carts and baskets, or building cisterns and wells.
Mass rabbit hunting is a super good contribution. It's so nice when you get born to a village that has a load of backpacks. If they don't it's usually the first thing I start to do when I get old enough to travel safely.

#3 2019-02-14 00:19:07

Psykout

I had a life similar to this. Most things were being taken care of, although the camp wasn't progressing super fast. The layout of the camp looked like it had limited time, probably wasn't going to make it super far lineage wise, so I opted to backpack and cloth anyone that came through. There was a savannah that had more rabbits than I ever seen just a few biomes over, so I went to town. I kept a stash of thread and needle to the side, anytime I had a kid I would cloth them head to toe and give them a backpack and let them know they get the full suit at 0yrs old because they were my children, and the rest got to pick from the pile. When I was 58 I asked my granddaughter if she would carry my torch, I had just enough time to show her the savannah that held all the rabbits and to make sure she rotated when it was just the family rabbits and take care of her kids, make them care. My dying words were good luck, and the last thing I saw was "Thank you grandma I will always remember how you took care of us, and do the same."

I felt better about that life than any other and I spent 40yrs just catching rabbits and making clothes, making sure every kid I had damn near before a name had head to toe rabbit furs and a backpack.

I can't really help but think that if there was more "full time" jobs such as Hunter/Trapper that people would totally be down to spend a life doing it. At the moment whenever you focus on one task, you eventually hit a wall with the question of "how useful is this really"

#4 2019-02-14 00:56:09

antking:]#

I swear I could never do what Pskout or solbusaur did I am incapable of doing thing over an over and over again, which is usually bad for the village as their will be a lot of half finished projects all over the ground.

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#5 2019-02-14 20:32:49

fragilityh14

I've spent quite a few lives trapping rabbits. Honestly, I'm never going to be someone who does a lot of high tech stuff, it's not who i am in real life, i can operate machines but my interests are in agriculture animal husbandry, etc.

I'm always trying to figure out what's best to do to help a family survive, and giving the women backpacks is a good option. i mean. people still inexplicably starve all the time, which shouldn't happen with a backpack and pies, but there's not more I can do about that, than giving a player a backpack with a pie in it.

As a man recently i've been more often taking a horse cart to gather iron and look for lost civs.

But if I'm in the city, I usually spend much of my life just making sure things don't collapse, and i end up taking care of the berry bushes past childhood a lot, which is just annoying.

I end up doing a lot of composting, or delivering a lot of grain to the kitchen, etc. Basically kids tasks no one else is doing.

I have played as a baker quite a bit as well.

Recently I've been playing as a stewmaker, including growing the crops. It's surprisingly hard to get people to eat stew, but i'm going to try harder. It's a lot less stressful having one task, and as long as there are stewpots, none of the good players will starve in a food crisis...

...but still, unless i leave camp, I just can't stop myself from spending a bunch of time keeping up the gooseberry bushes. I'm gonna try harder to get my kids to do that, because kids who are living among the berry bushes should be at no risk of starvation, and i have terrible survival rates.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer