One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-09 17:35:09

karltown_veteran

Valentine's Day Update Idea: Chocolate

Caocao trees could grow in the jungle. You could pick them in a bowl, grind them with a stone mortar & pestle style. Then if you cook them in oven then freeze them in the arctic, becomes chocolate. big_smile

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-02-09 18:25:01

apereason

Re: Valentine's Day Update Idea: Chocolate

Have you ever tried 100% cacao chocolate? big_smile

#3 2019-02-09 18:31:47

Alias

Add milk!

#4 2019-02-09 19:58:25

Katears

We missing the sugar, it shouldn't be too hard to add some sugar canes to the game.
And could open more possibilities like ice cream and cake big_smile

#5 2019-02-09 20:38:25

karltown_veteran

apereason wrote:

Have you ever tried 100% cacao chocolate? big_smile

Hah true... we need sugar too smile

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#6 2019-02-09 21:23:13

CrazyEddie

With sugar comes alcohol!

#7 2019-02-09 21:43:09

fragilityh14

what we need is honey.

Anyway, of stuff we have, we could just have corn mash, so fresh kernals in bowl, sharp stone, time, then have corn mash that cooks into corn syrup.

Also gooseberry juice potentially could work. It's way less intuitive than corn though, since corn syrup is a common sweetener

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#8 2019-02-09 22:17:55

jinbaili83

I bet honey in OHOL would come with lots of angry bees, so no please.

Corn or potato starch can be turned in to glucose much safer.

#9 2019-02-09 23:33:33

karltown_veteran

jinbaili83 wrote:

I bet honey in OHOL would come with lots of angry bees, so no please.

Corn or potato starch can be turned in to glucose much safer.

Huh. That sounds cool.

#10 2019-02-10 00:24:26

antking:]#

karltown_veteran wrote:

Caocao trees could grow in the jungle. You could pick them in a bowl, grind them with a stone mortar & pestle style. Then if you cook them in oven then freeze them in the arctic, becomes chocolate. big_smile

ahh that's where you are wrong, making chocolate isn't as simple as we are lead to believe! you see its true that you first crush the coco beans but then you do some thing different! while you might just think you add water to the crushed beans, you don't this makes a extraordinary spicy hot chocolate!

The peoples of modern Mexico, used this method to make a ceremonial drink, where they mixed, ground up coco beans, corn meal, and chilly peppers! to make an invigorating drink frothing with bubbles! the Mesoamericans, even thought that cacao was a gift from a heavenly serpent god!

when the Europeans came they adopted the culture and brought it back to Europe, its bitter taste made it great to treat ailments, such as upset stomachs. but soon they discovered that by adding vanilla, honey, and or sugar made this coca into a popular delicacy!
soon no aristocratic home was complete with out a dedicated hot chocolate set!
this would soon change as in 1828 a revolutionary machine was created!

The coco press invented by the Dutch, it separated the crushed coco prouder into, coco butter and a powder! this powder is now used to make modern hot chocolate because the coco butter is what makes chocolate so bitter!

after splitting the cocoa you can mix the coco butter and powder to make.... solid chocolate! it was not long after that we started to add, milk to make milk chocolate, and all sorts of weird things! so chocolate would have to be a massive update!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#11 2019-02-10 03:50:29

karltown_veteran

antking:]# wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:

ahh that's where you are wrong, making chocolate isn't as simple as we are lead to believe! you see its true that you first crush the coco beans but then you do some thing different! while you might just think you add water to the crushed beans, you don't this makes a extraordinary spicy hot chocolate!

The peoples of modern Mexico, used this method to make a ceremonial drink, where they mixed, ground up coco beans, corn meal, and chilly peppers! to make an invigorating drink frothing with bubbles! the Mesoamericans, even thought that cacao was a gift from a heavenly serpent god!

when the Europeans came they adopted the culture and brought it back to Europe, its bitter taste made it great to treat ailments, such as upset stomachs. but soon they discovered that by adding vanilla, honey, and or sugar made this coca into a popular delicacy!
soon no aristocratic home was complete with out a dedicated hot chocolate set!
this would soon change as in 1828 a revolutionary machine was created!

The coco press invented by the Dutch, it separated the crushed coco prouder into, coco butter and a powder! this powder is now used to make modern hot chocolate because the coco butter is what makes chocolate so bitter!

after splitting the cocoa you can mix the coco butter and powder to make.... solid chocolate! it was not long after that we started to add, milk to make milk chocolate, and all sorts of weird things! so chocolate would have to be a massive update!

thanks for the chocolate info big_smile

Board footer