One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-07 02:52:06

Matbat

Together we made a plane, I flew out and never returned.

Hi, I'm Elouise and I just had the privilege of flying a plane.. then aptly crashing (because I couldn't leave) landing it. Here's what I gathered.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3271818

(Edit:added 0.)
0. Have a Home marker and plaster. should you land somewhere you don't like set up an air strip in the general direction to home.

1. It is imperative that you bring as much fuel as possible. (while keeping one slot for plaster)
The amount of fuel you will accidentally use putting down the plane as you try to take off will be upwards to half of your reserves.

2. The plane TELEPORTS to random flies to an air strip in the general direction you flew on the map from what I experienced.
I had hoped I could fly the plane directly back to my civilization but that did not come to pass.

3. Planes are wonky. I don't know quite how to take off, it just happened.
whether you need to build up speed and hit and air strip or need to fly off an air strip I haven't a clue, so going back to #1 bring lots of fuel.
But if I were to say how it happened at all, I would say I hit the air strip and rode about four tiles of road and then teleported.

4. Young fertile women should fly planes. I was old (~43) and if you happen to get stuck like I did
at least you have a chance at spawning in some babies that might be able to bring the thing to fly again.

If you are running low on fuel or think you're running out of highly advanced civilizations to stop on just stop and refuel.
its not worth the cold guilt of crashing a plane somewhere with no fuel.
As for me, first I landed in a bustling civilization in the jungle, advanced too.
I was so fearful of someone nabbing the plane I only stayed a minute. then.. well..
I crashed landed on a civ that was pretty built up and right at the crest of newcommen,
it had just recently died off too, and there the plane is currently, hopefully some eve can find that place and her children can take to the skies again.

I believe planes are an excellent edition when it comes to genetic diversity, one fertile woman can fly to another high tech civ
and some woman from that civ can fly to another place, that's about all planes provide. but its pretty strong if you don't run out of fuel.

Some suggestions on planes:
1. Some way to force the plane to fly back to your original civilization. (Compass?)
2. plane doesn't turn off if you exit it
3. Some actual guide on how to fly a plane

Lastly, thank you everyone and all before that brought together all the resources to create my short lived experience.
also. FUEL FUEL FUEL BRING LOTS

Last edited by Matbat (2019-02-07 05:16:29)

#2 2019-02-07 03:08:48

karltown_veteran

Re: Together we made a plane, I flew out and never returned.

Congratulations, Pilot Elouise. You're right on fuel. I had a lady fly into my camp without extra fuel. She was around forty five, and although we had the machinery to produce kerosene it took me about twenty minutes to do it because I had to find the oil rig, fuel it up, make the oil into kerosene, et cetera. And I'd never done it before. She died there unfortunately, so I flew the plane back to her town. They didn't seem that interested so I brought it back to ours, and got it ready for a girl to fly.

Godspeed,
Pilot Ace

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#3 2019-02-07 03:21:48

Tarr
Banned

Generally speaking as long as people aren't putting up bad landing strips (Terry city for example) plane travel is both useful and fun. Hell me and Hrmka went and made a second plane after the first was stolen to retrieve the stranded airplane over in Terry city. It was a super fun experience teaching someone else to fly (I elected to have a man from the village fly it where it was supposed to go instead of myself since I was old).

I do a lot of flights, quite a bit of the issues have been fixed with planes in the current patch

1) Planes ignore other landing strips within (250,250) of the area they're leaving. This means you won't do any mini hops whenever you are trying to fly to a second point on the map. This should make flying to other places much more simple while allowing multiple landing strips for multiple planes.

2) Take off distance was halved from 4 to 2 required tiles. Flights felt terrible because you never knew whether you were going to take off in the first place. It has always taken multiple attempts to get lift off and I've got hours of flight under my belt at this point.

3) Long flights have been fixed. No longer do I have to constantly open and close my client when flying to and from the tutorial. This should help if other people have been accidentally landing out there as if you didn't know the only fix was to close your client you'd just starve and lose the plane.

It sounds like you flew from the jungle village where we had our two planes and flew back over to terry city where we had gotten our plane home from. Just remember to note which direction you came to a village and return the opposite way to get back home.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-02-07 03:41:51

fragilityh14

so i can only speak for myself, but the concept of someone in an experimental plane crashlanding in a stoneage civilization and being stuck there the rest of his or her life, is one of my favorite things so far in this game.

I don't know that much about the planes, but I really want the game to feature a crashed plane that can be disassembled for parts.

Seriously, think about it, on top of spawning eves, we can have brave young women we send out to explore the wild yonder and start new civilizations.

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I hope plane crashes in the wilderness and landing in stone age villages etc are a permanent feature of planes, because it's amazing for the fun of the game.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#5 2019-02-07 03:58:50

Matbat

Tarr wrote:

I do a lot of flights, quite a bit of the issues have been fixed with planes in the current patch
Just remember to note which direction you came to a village and return the opposite way to get back home.

It's most unfortunate I made this flight like twenty minutes before the patch..
I did try flying back the way I came, though because of whats been fixed I didn't get back.
Thanks for the information, I'm looking forwards to helping make enough planes there will be one available at every major civ.

Board footer