One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-05 09:52:42

nilla

Good job, Davey Victoria...

I just wanted to say Jason Rohrer created an exceptional and unique game and I enjoyed playing it. However, I've had some of the worst OHOL sessions in the past 2-3 days with griefers and straight up assholes who spew the most vile and racist things while trying to name me the n-word and then attempting to throw my character at a rattlesnake.

I just wanted to play one more game before I went to bed. After 3 attempts, I finally spawn into a town where my mom didn't leave me to die, starve to death because some asshole lead a bear into the village and my mom was attempting to kill it, or wasn't so big that it'd cause me to lag like crazy.

I was excited because I spawned in as a boy so I think this should be a relaxing run. Nope. As I'm running around trying to figure what roles need to be filled, my cousin named Davey Victoria asks me to help him kill a bear. I thought this was strange since he had a backpack which meant he could carry three arrows. I know I was dumb for following him, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. As I questioned him on why he didn't have a bow or arrows, he tried to convince me the stuff was near the bear cave. This is when I decided I was going to turn around when he shanked me from what seemed like three tiles away. WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT.

You know what's seriously aggravating about this situation is I can't even curse him because I'm 10 years old and the letter limitation will only let me type out "Curse Dave". There needs to be a better reporting system because shit like this will turn people off. And it has turned me off. Until there's a better way to report jerks, I'm done.

So good job to all the "Davey Victoria" out there. You've won. You've finally managed to ruin this game for me.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3250587

#2 2019-02-05 10:06:22

Portager

Re: Good job, Davey Victoria...

Welcome to OHOL, you will get used to it in time. smile

Nowadays I don't even mind being murdered every few lives, it adds some spice to things. I have gotten used to the craziness.

As for racist parents, this has been an ongoing thing, but I don't let it bother me...most are noobs. Just suckle off of them until you can give them the middle finger, or find a surrogate mother who is not racist. Surrogate parents are awesome, especially if you are a role player as I am.

Last edited by Portager (2019-02-05 10:06:58)

#3 2019-02-05 11:13:26

Nepumuk

FYI you can curse someone for like two hours which means you can still curse this person in a later life when you can type it out as long as you remember the name. I know, still frustrating but it's better than nothing.

I am Eve Speed.

#4 2019-02-07 07:28:15

nilla

Portager wrote:

Welcome to OHOL, you will get used to it in time. smile

Nowadays I don't even mind being murdered every few lives, it adds some spice to things. I have gotten used to the craziness.

As for racist parents, this has been an ongoing thing, but I don't let it bother me...most are noobs. Just suckle off of them until you can give them the middle finger, or find a surrogate mother who is not racist. Surrogate parents are awesome, especially if you are a role player as I am.

Hard to find a surrogate since it was just me and the racist Eve mom. I've had incredible surrogate aunts, uncles, siblings, and cousins. Those folks are great and they are the reason why I enjoyed this game so much. I think what frustrates me is the sheer pointlessness of this sort of destructive behavior. I'll be honest, I don't think I'll ever get used to the craziness of random murders, snowballs, or sabotage so I've decided to stick to playing on private servers for now.

Nepumuk wrote:

FYI you can curse someone for like two hours which means you can still curse this person in a later life when you can type it out as long as you remember the name. I know, still frustrating but it's better than nothing.

I know that but it was late and I didn't feel like staying up for another hour just to curse some asshole. Also, the fact I'd have to live another life just to curse someone is ridiculous. There needs to be a better way to do it immediately and not be dependent on how many letters you can string together. It feels a bit punishing to the victim to have to wait to for another life just to sort of "report" a griefer by cursing them.

Board footer