One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 21:32:02

fragilityh14

Did the huge [Starr] city just collapse?

I spent my game as a man taking care of the sheep, doing my best to keep people making pies etc.

Near the end, i realized wheat was extremely short, and soil was almost gone, did my best to convince people  to plant wheat, but almost all the soil got used on berries, I think compost was out, and about half the berries needed soil. There was a single living wheat and a single just watered. No other soil, out of pies but baskets of mutton.

I reckon the city was within 10 minutes of catastrophic food failure, and it probably had 30 people around.

I did sound the alarm about wheat, and got some people interested, but I don't know that it was even possible to get the compost and pies going again before starvation set in.

[btw this is the huge city with all the small apocalypse tower bases and the "Writing Center" sign etc, i thin the settlment far predated the Starr family.]

Edit: one old man died somewhat recently, havn't seen any younger deaths in over 40 minutes, so it doesn't look good.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-02-02 22:31:02)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#2 2019-02-03 13:06:15

wbeco

Re: Did the huge [Starr] city just collapse?

It just got repopulated, i call it apocalypse town. I just made an apocalypse tower base in the house near the kitchen so it will ring in about 6 hours incase it dies off again.

#3 2019-02-03 18:04:59

fragilityh14

yeah I figured all those bells would save it.

That was so damn distressing, if i was born like 10 minutes later or hadn't been so focused on my job i could have saved it relatively easily.

But, I spent my twilight years like Jeremiah, and it ended the same way.

It's frustrating because people were clearly messing around with planes, they wanted a bunch of wool so they must have been using a loom, and it was so hard to get anyone to care about planting wheat.

I wish my contribution would have been enough, you know, I was just keeping a supply of manure and running mutton to the kitchen. I didn't think it too much to ask that someone else bake and deal with wheat, especially when i kept telling people the town was about to hit a food crisis.

on the bright side, being right is worth something. Of the 30 or so people there I appear to have been the only one who noticed catastrophic food failure was coming and made any effort to prevent it.

Listen to your mom!

#4 2019-02-03 18:11:17

karltown_veteran

fragilityh14 wrote:

yeah I figured all those bells would save it.

That was so damn distressing, if i was born like 10 minutes later or hadn't been so focused on my job i could have saved it relatively easily.

But, I spent my twilight years like Jeremiah, and it ended the same way.

It's frustrating because people were clearly messing around with planes, they wanted a bunch of wool so they must have been using a loom, and it was so hard to get anyone to care about planting wheat.

I wish my contribution would have been enough, you know, I was just keeping a supply of manure and running mutton to the kitchen. I didn't think it too much to ask that someone else bake and deal with wheat, especially when i kept telling people the town was about to hit a food crisis.

on the bright side, being right is worth something. Of the 30 or so people there I appear to have been the only one who noticed catastrophic food failure was coming and made any effort to prevent it.

I mean, planes are cool though. I flew in one for the first time yesterday. And then again, on the trip back. It was exhilarating big_smile

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2019-02-03 18:23:58

fragilityh14

I didn't mind having a mechanical workshop going on in town and helping them with wool (though i wish they would have better communicated, as i was getting annoyed at people doing random shit with the sheep I was spending my whole life caring for)

The problem is there were clearly at least like 3 or 4 people working on advanced mechanics and no one growing wheat!  People would bake occasionally, but no one was dedicated to it

Literally one person farming wheat and composting would have saved the whole place, so frustrating. Someone was at least baking sporadically, but I don't think that person was sufficiently involved in it to care about grain stocks.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer