One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-14 00:15:15

Portager

The Last Male

Most of the time when a male child finds out that they are the last of their line, they end up quitting or starving themselves as if the situation is hopeless. I have seen this many times, and I am sure that you all have as well.

All I will say is that you should never give up hope as a single male, two games ago it was down to my brother and I at camp, he ended up starving himself in his forty's, but I kept working the land in hopes that an Eve would appear. Sure enough, in my dying years I heard footsteps and I ran to them, it was a newly spawned Eve. If I hadn't stayed alive, then she might never have made it to the camp my family worked so hard on, I would encourage more male players to play it out to the end in hopes that an Eve will arrive (I know many of you already do this).

In my last game, I kept popping out boy after boy and never had a daughter. My three sons who made it to adulthood tended the farm that my mother had created for me, even though there were no girls I told them to wait in hope of an Eve. This is a message that I think we all should pass to our male children, if there is even a small glimmer of hope that our village can survive, it is something that we must grasp onto.

#2 2018-03-14 01:28:43

Portager

Re: The Last Male

Ended up spawning back in the first village and it is still going stronger than ever.

#3 2018-03-14 01:33:07

HiameBaklava

Hello Mother!

I was your first born to that family. The Farmer. You were great and I think a lot of males wanting to survive depends on the mom role. If you make them seem important enough they will want to keep trying for the sake of the mom's hard work at keeping them in the first place. I've been tossed for being a boy and so when a mom keeps me even though I'm a boy FeelsGoodMan.

The life before I met you I was once again a male and was able to direct and Eve to the farm I'd been working on for 55 years. She took right to it and I hope she was able to do something with it all.

As far as our game, the youngest of those triplets came back with no success shortly after you passed, but went back out to look. The middle child and I stayed and farmed and grew old together.It does help when you are with someone else. He and I made so many baskets of carrots and water ready for the youngest or whoever would come across it.

Really really fun with just a little RP in my opinion, doesnt have to be serious RP but enough to have talks about "wonderful moms" or just jokes to be made about odd ball moms/siblings.
We tried mom!

#4 2018-03-14 01:37:38

HiameBaklava

Portager wrote:

Ended up spawning back in the first village and it is still going stronger than ever.

Wow I can't even describe how that feels really awesome know that the work is still there and you got to see it again makes it all the better

#5 2018-03-14 02:13:47

Portager

HiameBaklava wrote:

Hello Mother!

I was your first born to that family. The Farmer. You were great and I think a lot of males wanting to survive depends on the mom role. If you make them seem important enough they will want to keep trying for the sake of the mom's hard work at keeping them in the first place. I've been tossed for being a boy and so when a mom keeps me even though I'm a boy FeelsGoodMan.

The life before I met you I was once again a male and was able to direct and Eve to the farm I'd been working on for 55 years. She took right to it and I hope she was able to do something with it all.

As far as our game, the youngest of those triplets came back with no success shortly after you passed, but went back out to look. The middle child and I stayed and farmed and grew old together.It does help when you are with someone else. He and I made so many baskets of carrots and water ready for the youngest or whoever would come across it.

Really really fun with just a little RP in my opinion, doesnt have to be serious RP but enough to have talks about "wonderful moms" or just jokes to be made about odd ball moms/siblings.
We tried mom!

Awesome to meet you "son", I am glad to hear that you got our farm ready for the next generation or the next wild eve that runs across it. Sorry I didn't do much to contribute, I was busy raising all of you children smile You all did great growing the farm from a tiny outpost to a respectable piece of real estate.

I enjoy the RP elements as well, it adds dimension to the game past just picking carrots and baking pies lol.

#6 2018-03-14 03:03:44

HiameBaklava

I think you did great! Yeah you did make a lotta babies there, we all knew you'd be busy with rasing us. You and grandma got us clothes so that was a big help in to us holding onto food

Last edited by HiameBaklava (2018-03-14 03:11:32)

#7 2018-03-14 05:34:40

Pocket

Would be cool if there are more farms close to each other and the farmpeople would begin to sell or swap their babys xD
Just a pretty strange idea...

Last edited by Pocket (2018-03-14 05:36:21)

#8 2018-03-14 09:51:02

Fencce7

Seriously this happened today:

I grew up in this already quite prosperous place. No one took care of the farm though, so I had to do it. People brought water, and the old lady taught me how to make compost.
At the end it's me and another male and a woman who took over the farm - even though I told her to do other things.
She was bad with children. she starved every one of them, even when I tried to feed them carrots.
This kept on until she has too old. The other dude and I set out on a journey to find a young female. I went west, and he south.
I staked up on carrots in my backpack and went out. I ventured so far but luckily, I had marked my home before I went off.

Finally, I find this female alone. Telling her to come with me - to "home". She prepared by eating some berries and we went out.
On the way back to "home", she gave birth to her first child, but the child did not survive the journey. We stopped several times on the way back to eat, and my old age had made me weak and shrunken my stomach.

So, we arrive, and the only one lest is the other male who stood alone by the farm.  She was super excited to see the farm and all the carrots, but the happiness did not last for long. I tried to talk to my old friend and telling him that I had succeeded in bringing with me a young woman that could pass on the next generation.
But he did not respond. After a while he leaves and then comes back with a knife asking, 'Who's there?'.
Desperately I tried to explain to him that I had found this female which just had given birth to her second child. But he lashed forward and kills the baby. He then put down his knife and telling me to kill him, because there was no more hope for him.
We then dueled. He with a bow, and I with his knife, ‘To kill or to be killed!’ he said.

This was the first time I ever killed someone. At this point I'm in my late fifties. Telling the woman to take care of her newly born third child, and to dress him up. I tried to carry some clothes to give the child, but I couldn't carry anything. Perhaps due to my age.
And last thing I did before I passed on was to also pass on my last pieces of line clothes.
Son who knows... maybe be venturing out to find a female I saved the village to doom?

You'll never know.

Board footer