One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-31 19:38:18

Caramella

Bugged Family Trees

Hihi! So I've been playing OHOL normally, until recently whenever I would go to new family trees of my it would be all bugged (or normal and I'm just not understanding it). In regular games I play the family trees would always not match up with what it actually is.

The strangest thing I've noticed is that even in games where I'm the Eve, completely different family trees from others with different last names will appear in another generation of my family tree, when they aren't involved or directly related whatsoever.

Another thing I see alot is infants from a completely different family tree showing up but with the title "Father" under them even though I've never heard any introduction of a feature where males are capable of reproduction, neither about infants producing children (obviously).

Also, sometimes portraits will be completely gray in one generation, while there's people in the exact same generation with colored portraits. I might be assuming this but I think colored portraits mean that there are people in that family tree which are still alive? So it's really strange seeing people with colored portraits in the same generation with people who have desaturated ones, speaking of which now when I directly have kids, in the family tree instead of saying "Your Daughter" or "Your Son", now it just says "Distant Relative" but like exCUSE ME I BIRTHED YOU

Lastly, instead of when someone has a child and it progress to the next generation like "Generation 3:" then "Generation 4:" so on and so forth, instead it just will be super unrelated numbers that don't align at all with what the generation was beforehand like "Generation 23:" randomly going straight to "Generation 29:" without any type of thing that says to look in-between those generations to find "Generation 24:" and "Generation 25:" so on and so forth.

Edit: I also want to point out that even when I check through the profiles of people to get in-between generations that doesn't work either.

If this is normal or I don't understand it or even if just something wrong with my computer please tell me.
Thanks.

Edit 2: I think this has been fixed as I'm not actually experiencing this as commonly but I can't be sure.

Last edited by Caramella (2019-02-12 15:26:30)

♥ ~ playing since 2018 ~ ♥

#2 2019-02-01 05:03:51

demiacould

Re: Bugged Family Trees

Caramella wrote:

Hihi! So I've been playing OHOL normally, until recently whenever I would go to new family trees of my it would be all bugged (or normal and I'm just not understanding it). In regular games I play the family trees would always not match up with what it actually is.

The strangest thing I've noticed is that even in games where I'm the Eve, completely different family trees from others with different last names will appear in another generation of my family tree, when they aren't involved or directly related whatsoever.

Another thing I see alot is infants from a completely different family tree showing up but with the title "Father" under them even though I've never heard any introduction of a feature where males are capable of reproduction, neither about infants producing children (obviously).

I just had this same problem, I was an Eve, and it says all of my children are "distant relatives" and lists them as generation 11, with no generations between me and them. If I click on one of them, it says their parent is some infant who died 5 days ago in some random family tree, without me there at all.

#3 2019-02-01 16:20:54

Caramella

Thank god someone else has the same problem, I thought something was wrong with my PC. Hopefully Jason fixes this soon.

♥ ~ playing since 2018 ~ ♥

#4 2019-02-01 19:17:24

fragilityh14

it's way messed up, you can see to look at of the lineage that every one is messed up. Nothing to understand, it's just been broken since update.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer