One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-29 06:46:05

Lotus

I found something disturbing today

I was born to Precious An, who, by the way, was one of the best moms I’ve had. Not because she spoiled me or pampered me with affection, but because of her sense of humor. My childhood was filled with laughing with my mum, and everything seemed to be going great in our little town.

Then, when I was three, a bell rang.

It was unlike any bell I had ever heard before. It was eerie. Two dings. For a moment, it seemed as if everyone stopped in their tracks and gazed in the direction of the noise.

I previously had no home marker. But now I did. It read “HOME, 1.2K <-“ My brain went wild. Upon hearing the noise, I knew it meant something bad must have happened. My mother smiled deviously, and I did the same. A bit uneasy, I made my own home marker and got to work, covering up that noise.

I baked, I made compost, I smithed. But the bell never left my mind. I was so curious. I had children. Three beautiful babies. The bell never let go of my thoughts.

When I finally became fully distracted by my work, a young teenager, and forgot about the bell, I heard it again. I felt… strange. Why again…?

I worked until I heard it again. A third apocalypse ding. Something was very wrong, I knew. My curiosity piqued. I needed to know what was over there. Why were there so many dings coming from that location? I decided once I hit menopause, I’d give my clothing to my children and set off. I returned to work.

I grew paranoid with age. I swore I heard it again. And again. But that was impossible, I knew. There was no way five apocalypses could be ready for stage two at around the same time. It made no sense.

When I hit menopause, I left that town. From the second I cut down my home marker excitement grew in me. I had been waiting for this moment my whole life. I was tired of living in a town, doing the same things day after day. I needed to have an adventure. I bid my children farewell and passed on my knife to my son Rocky. Then I hit the road with nothing but an empty pack and a fur coat.

I grew starving. My mistake was bringing no food. I scrambled for berries and managed to eat at my very last second of life. My feet grew weary as I trudged on. I became surrounded by mosquitos and fell ill. I was almost ready to succumb to death, but I had gone too far. I followed the noise for ages, until I grew tired and wrinkled. Dodging mobs took a lot of time.

Finally, my heart raced when I found the stone path. I rushed down it at top speed. I was so excited. I wondered how the people would react to a stranger in their town. My destination grew closer with every step I took. Finally, the path came to an abrupt stop.

“Hello?” I called out cautiously. I heard nothing. But surely, there were people here. The berry bushes had been freshly watered and were still languishing. I crept around town. I became more disturbed as I saw clothing strewn about, next to graves. No signs of life.

I followed the home marker north slightly. I encountered more and more bloody graves. I swear, there must have been eight or nine. But the fact that there were so many murder graves wasn’t the thing that creeped me out. It was the fact that they WERE murder graves. After a few minutes, murder graves turn into fresh graves. But… these were still bloody. Those people had been recently murdered. Within the past few minutes. My blood ran cold, and I scooped up a knife I found next to a bloody corpse. If someone wanted to attack me, I would definitely need it.

But, honestly, that wasn’t even the creepy part. My journey was complete when I saw the apocalypse base. I was in horror. There wasn’t one base. Not two. Not even five. Not ten, either. Shakily, I counted eighteen. Eighteen people had been killed. The tower bases were all blocked off with Newcomen blocks.

I was so disturbed, and I expected some wild murderer to come out and stab me at any moment. I was getting old and weak. I wanted to return to my children in my safe little town. I heard footsteps.

Three people. They didn’t seem to find my presence alarming. They all had knives. I tried to speak with them, they spoke a bit, but when I asked them about the bloody graves and all the apocalypse towers, they became very vague and strange. It was so creepy. It remains a mystery to me. They were part of the Schuler family, although I can’t recall their names.

So, kids. Rocky. Scarlet. Ifeanyichukwu. I know what I said. I know I told you that adventure was good. That everyone ought to get some fresh air and follow their dreams. But please, please. If you’re reading this, don’t follow that bell.

Love, your mother, Mykiyah An.

Screenshots:
8KP42W5.png
83f8xvd.png
5wWOH0n.png
eNTJiC6.png

#2 2019-01-29 06:50:44

Lotus

Re: I found something disturbing today

Also, if you check my family tree, it says that a 6 year old man was my father. That's... not true. Must be a glitch. A bit weird. And one of my kids, Rocky, was replaced by a starved infant. This must be the work of the apocalypse gods.

#3 2019-01-29 07:07:25

WalrusesConquer

I was in the an family but much earlier. I killed this guy who claimed to be god and did nothing but eat. I hope the family makes it

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#4 2019-01-29 07:46:59

Aribear

I thought our family tree looked odd mostly because you found me behind a tree.... but I guess it's just glitching.

#5 2019-01-29 12:14:33

hmrka

This town isn't bad, but they really overdid it with all these apocalypse bell towers. Few days ago they had like just four...
And yup family tree is glitching! Looks like your dad was a 6 year old and your older sister got murdered by an infant. I was suprised that father is an actual relation that can show up on the family tree, because It's not possible in game.

EDIT: nvm this place is the worst just spawned in there as baby literally every house (even the medic one that was quite nice) has a seeping apocalypse tower in it, and newcomen blocks outside to block people from entering. It's a huge mess and sucks. only reason im staying is because I wanna work on some high tech stuff.

Last edited by hmrka (2019-01-29 14:23:39)

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#6 2019-01-29 15:32:29

karltown_veteran

hmrka wrote:

This town isn't bad, but they really overdid it with all these apocalypse bell towers. Few days ago they had like just four...
And yup family tree is glitching! Looks like your dad was a 6 year old and your older sister got murdered by an infant. I was suprised that father is an actual relation that can show up on the family tree, because It's not possible in game.

EDIT: nvm this place is the worst just spawned in there as baby literally every house (even the medic one that was quite nice) has a seeping apocalypse tower in it, and newcomen blocks outside to block people from entering. It's a huge mess and sucks. only reason im staying is because I wanna work on some high tech stuff.

I know, I completely get it. Town has lotsa murder and bears, but it also has a lot of resources. When I was there it gave me a chance to craft new things - first door, first blue plaster wall, first complete Yule tree, lock for a sign, blue hats, a marked uncle grave for my great uncle, and.. drumroll please... A COMPLETE HIGH FREQUENCY RECEIVER! (thanks to whoever made the transmitter) First time, and I made the whole thing, except for the megaphone and the antenna. Took me several lives but the product is what you see today: A full working transmit-receive talk thing!
Needless to say, I have a love-hate relationship with that town. It's the biggest town with the most stuff in it. I'm gonna make a rose grove next <3

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#7 2019-01-29 15:43:58

karltown_veteran

karltown_veteran wrote:

I know, I completely get it. Town has lotsa murder and bears, but it also has a lot of resources. When I was there it gave me a chance to craft new things - first door, first blue plaster wall, first complete Yule tree, lock for a sign, blue hats, a marked uncle grave for my great uncle, and.. drumroll please... A COMPLETE HIGH FREQUENCY RECEIVER! (thanks to whoever made the transmitter) First time, and I made the whole thing, except for the megaphone and the antenna. Took me several lives but the product is what you see today: A full working transmit-receive talk thing!
Needless to say, I have a love-hate relationship with that town. It's the biggest town with the most stuff in it. I'm gonna make a rose grove next <3

tSBiyOm.png
-the Yule tree. Look for birds!

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2019-01-29 15:44:28)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#8 2019-01-29 21:38:14

Lotus

Yeah, I was surprised that Father was a thing too. Maybe it'll be a thing someday.

Edit: Also, there are now twenty apocalypse towers in that town.

Last edited by Lotus (2019-01-29 21:38:40)

#9 2019-01-30 04:04:05

antking:]#

wow, its horrible yet stunning to see this.
but their is no sorrow without joy their is no darkness without light their is no hope without distress

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#10 2019-01-30 07:31:21

Go! Bwah!

Well, "Children of the Corn" is a story, too...

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#11 2019-01-30 16:52:48

Mandymom

I was in that town lol, everyone starved bc someone went and killed all the sheep

#12 2019-01-30 18:29:07

fragilityh14

Does the person who uses the baby name Precious use the forums? I've seen it a bunch

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#13 2019-01-30 20:20:13

Warumono

I was in that town! Before the apocalypse towers were inside of buildings at least. But there was still the mass in the back of the city. I didn't really want to play there so I was totally useless that life, but decided to be humorous (and maybe slightly useful in a morbid way?). I spent my entire life as soon as I was old enough to carry a cart collecting dead bodies and running through town saying 'Bring out your dead!'. I put them all behind the towers. Mass graveyard, but at least I kind of picked up the city, yanno?
It was funny 'cause one person caught on and answered me with 'Hello there citizen'. Hahahahaha.

#14 2019-02-01 22:13:10

Vexenie

Can somebody please draw illustrations to this story
This would look so good with pics like

"The bell rang" and then there's a picture of a ringing in a distance

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#15 2019-02-02 01:17:35

antking:]#

Vexenie wrote:

Can somebody please draw illustrations to this story
This would look so good with pics like

"The bell rang" and then there's a picture of a ringing in a distance

why don't you make illustrations?

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death