One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-26 08:40:57

Grim_Arbiter

Save the brain dead daughters!

Save afk girls and drop them in a good spot. I saw a thread about this with trapping a mom to save the lineage, but you can just drop any afk girl near berry or baker and you can generally keep them going, and in turn the keep the town going. As long as its a high traffic high food location.

They can and often will be a better mom than you.

20190125224942-1.jpg

strokemom.png

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#2 2019-01-26 10:44:47

Morti

Re: Save the brain dead daughters!

I recognize that screenshot, I placed that oven there.

Had all that nice open jungle when I was born and everyone was working in the grassland and prairie sw.

Then someone added a forge east of that oven and started moving all the smithing gear there. Whoever you were, you were the real MVP of that home. Even though that bakery was cramped between the berry farm on the jungle south of it and the everything farm north of it, it was conveniently located close to the sheep pen, to cut down on time and effort to move the mutton.

That was such a nice place, those odd four ponds sw, where there was no swamp tiles, the massive cleared jungle with almost no mosquitoes, and whoever cleared the jungle and organized all that wood into rows, thank you too. Seeing organization like that really clears my head; makes me proud to be there.

#3 2019-01-26 11:21:57

Morti

SBszLuJ.jpg
Place is still going strong, for now.

#4 2019-01-26 11:52:19

Dodge

Yeah that's a good place, i made a t1 endtower blocked by newcommen in 6 hours it should give a nice marker  and maybe some nearby eve's/villagers will join town and make it bigger

Making an endstone as a man is not an easy task tongue

#5 2019-01-26 11:55:47

Grim_Arbiter

Morti wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/SBszLuJ.jpg
Place is still going strong, for now.

Yeah that lumber pile was amazing in its peak. Definitely my favorite part. What did the sign end up saying?

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#6 2019-01-26 12:12:50

MultiLife

Yeah, and if the brain dead daughter didn't land on a warm spot, light a fire for her!
I raised a generation of children as Roman Rodocker, who's only hope was the sleeping beauty near the berry farm. Christine, a first cousin once removed, was the last female in the camp. I'm glad that Elena, Christine's mom, told me she has to leave and that I should feed Christine.

0dE2JjB.png

Christine even got twin girls as her first babies. I named all the kids and told them where things are as I raised them. Glad the newbie guy who was left with me was helpful, I taught him omelettes as I hovered near the babies.
Christine and her kids: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2562929
Me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2563027 (Steele was a great boy, he even called me a hero as I died, smiling.)
Thanks to my daddying, the family went from "doomed at gen 5" to "surviving to gen 17".

And yeah brain dead daughters won't run to get gored by boars or bit by wolves! Also they patiently stand on items in case a bear attacks, hahah. big_smile If only we had a "starving" facial expression automatically take place, would be easy to tell when they need food.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-01-26 12:39:36)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2019-01-26 12:16:05

Morti

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

What did the sign end up saying?

Dust

#8 2019-01-26 12:18:23

EliteChamp

Morti wrote:

I recognize that screenshot, I placed that oven there.

Had all that nice open jungle when I was born and everyone was working in the grassland and prairie sw.

Then someone added a forge east of that oven and started moving all the smithing gear there. Whoever you were, you were the real MVP of that home. Even though that bakery was cramped between the berry farm on the jungle south of it and the everything farm north of it, it was conveniently located close to the sheep pen, to cut down on time and effort to move the mutton.

That was such a nice place, those odd four ponds sw, where there was no swamp tiles, the massive cleared jungle with almost no mosquitoes, and whoever cleared the jungle and organized all that wood into rows, thank you too. Seeing organization like that really clears my head; makes me proud to be there.

Oh that was me, Sasha Water, who cut down the jungle, put the wood into piles and built the new forge. Thanks for the kind words. Glad to see they actually decided to move there, because when I was there the majority insisted on staying in the cold area and I didn't really receive much help with building up the new area besides from the farmers, and you of course. Cool to see it's still alive though.

#9 2019-01-26 12:39:41

Morti

Guess I was wrong about the four ponds and no swamp bit. Must have been mixing it up with another place I worked earlier today.

If any of you wind up living there again, I cut some nice long paths north and east through the woods, maybe, a kiometer or two out. Did half the eastern path on foot as a kid, and from 17 till 55 did the rest of the east and the one going north beyond the mosquito wall, on horse back. Brought back about 40 stones for new wells, placed about 20 flat rocks east of the road by the smithy
and another 20 or so north of the road going north-to-south by the sheep pen, along with about 50 branches for tools, fences and kindling.

If you want to open up a hole in a wall like that, all you have to do is put some sentinels on either side of the road on the good side, so the mosquitoes don't come in at an angle, then just line the road with milkweed seeds on the mosquito side. Could even plant berry bushes on the road, but, they'd probably just be eaten, unattended and dry up, not to mention I think the bushes would slow movement on the flat rock road. I don't think the milkweed seeds would do the same.

Something like this:
OrmU6MU.png

#10 2019-01-26 12:53:06

hmrka

MultiLife wrote:

Yeah, and if the brain dead daughter didn't land on a warm spot, light a fire for her!
I raised a generation of children as Roman Rodocker, who's only hope was the sleeping beauty near the berry farm. Christine, a first cousin once removed, was the last female in the camp. I'm glad that Elena, Christine's mom, told me she has to leave and that I should feed Christine.

https://i.imgur.com/0dE2JjB.png

Christine even got twin girls as her first babies. I named all the kids and told them where things are as I raised them. Glad the newbie guy who was left with me was helpful, I taught him omelettes as I hovered near the babies.
Me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2563027 (Steele was a great boy, he even called me a hero as I died, smiling.)
Thanks to my daddying, the family went from "doomed at gen 5" to "surviving to gen 17".

And yeah brain dead daughters won't run to get gored by boars or bit by wolves! Also they patiently stand on items in case a bear attacks, hahah. big_smile If only we had a "starving" facial expression automatically take place, would be easy to tell when they need food.

Omg I was christines mom! It happend so long ago but I recognized the surname, and looking at the family tree I gave my kids some of the common names I choose. Thanks for being a dad for my daughter's kids!

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#11 2019-01-26 14:52:04

karltown_veteran

To be honest I think the brain deads are better than what I call the "bottom-feeders": The women that don't want to work so they end up overeating and overfeeding their kids so it looks like they're doing something. Bottom-feeders are far too common in my opinion hmm

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#12 2019-01-26 17:22:24

MultiLife

hmrka wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/0dE2JjB.png

Omg I was christines mom! It happend so long ago but I recognized the surname, and looking at the family tree I gave my kids some of the common names I choose. Thanks for being a dad for my daughter's kids!

Nice! Any day, they were great kids, all were smart and nice. Your son, Myson, was the newbie man who I taught omelettes. He was a nice quiet farmer. big_smile

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#13 2019-01-27 22:27:32

fragilityh14

I think I was here yesterday and it was out of soil and no one cared about compost, fortunately I had a competent daughter. Was there another sheep pen south of the gooseberries?

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer