Gederian

1600 On Server Five?

#2 2019-01-23 04:05:56

Grim_Arbiter

Re: 1600 On Server Five?

Hmmm... i wonder if this could be next update. All on one server

*Edit woah 114 on right now.

RIP server one with 3 people on

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-01-23 04:17:12)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-01-23 04:30:47

Tarr
Banned

He's trying to test the servers ability to hold everyone vs a bunch of dying/dead/booming servers. It means towns have the best chance of surviving while Eves and early game people can still get children to push forward.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-01-23 04:34:34

Grim_Arbiter

Tarr wrote:

He's trying to test the servers ability to hold everyone vs a bunch of dying/dead/booming servers. It means towns have the best chance of surviving while Eves and early game people can still get children to push forward.

Oh goodstuff! Can't wait to get home and test how it is.

Edit* Looks like I just missed it. Did anyone notice anything different with the spawning and how it might have went?

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-01-23 06:58:41)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-01-23 15:38:30

happynova

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Edit* Looks like I just missed it. Did anyone notice anything different with the spawning and how it might have went?

I tried to connect last night, and got a server down for maintenance error, so I did what I did last time that happened, and specified server one. I was born into a city that was very glad to have a girl, because there weren't many people.  A couple  of them said they had problems connecting, too, and at least one said she also had to connect manually.

Time passed, I grew up, and then suddenly every one of our few fertile females was spitting out babies as fast as they possibly could.  Huge population boom, babies everywhere.  You couldn't take three steps without one falling out of you.  That went on until I died, I think.  The lineage died out three generations later, l'm guessing due to overpopulation.

It was nuts.

Last edited by happynova (2019-01-23 15:47:26)

#6 2019-01-23 16:16:17

Grim_Arbiter

happynova wrote:

I tried to connect last night, and got a server down for maintenance error, so I did what I did last time that happened, and specified server one. I was born into a city that was very glad to have a girl, because there weren't many people.  A couple  of them said they had problems connecting, too, and at least one said she also had to connect manually.

Time passed, I grew up, and then suddenly every one of our few fertile females was spitting out babies as fast as they possibly could.  Huge population boom, babies everywhere.  You couldn't take three steps without one falling out of you.  That went on until I died, I think.  The lineage died out three generations later, l'm guessing due to overpopulation.

It was nuts.

So that server actually did have that many people on? 130 or 140 was the highest I saw from the list. I missed it by minutes probably. When I logged on I was being thrown as twins to separate twin eves. Most born to eve spawns in a row I've ever got and they all abandoned me or told me tough luck (dont blame them). Finally got one as eve but everyone died out as soon as the berry patch was just getting going. Shoutout to my son kaya though if your here.

--Grim

#7 2019-01-23 22:07:08

fragilityh14

oh I randomly died from network connection yesterday (with some kids i was caring for) and i never showed up on the family lines, wonder if it relates to this

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#8 2019-01-23 22:45:22

betame

For the past data of population by server over time, see Thundersen's graphs .

Jason had been playing around with server loads that day [as seen in work logs he gives].

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#9 2019-01-23 23:02:52

Gederian

Update:

It was the only server in rotation for about two hours. It got to about 140 from what I saw.

He is trying again right now on server one!

#10 2019-01-24 06:25:28

Grim_Arbiter

Gederian wrote:

Update:

It was the only server in rotation for about two hours. It got to about 140 from what I saw.

He is trying again right now on server one!

Got to experience it for a life, and man what a life. When I was born there were like 30 people in that town. It was a pretty small town but set up was nice. Sheep pens east and south with bakery in center.  Server 2 came back halfway through my life and we almost lost it all, but kept it going.

--Grim

Board footer