One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-22 17:03:22

mrbah

Server two Nameless eve, who was part of my family?

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3012331

I died relatively early as eve, because I couldn't see a snake.
I want to know if my line survived where I set up camp (close to the jungle) or ran elsewhere.
I am pretty impressed they managed fourty generations.

#2 2019-01-22 22:29:17

happynova

Re: Server two Nameless eve, who was part of my family?

Hi, I was generation 24!  (http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3024460).

Not sure if we were in the same spot as you started out or not.  It was a pretty sprawling town, but there was some jungle near part of it.

I was almost a chokepoint where the line would have died out, too.  I had twin girls who were showing all the signs of being serious trouble.  One of them kept demanding a name, then jumping out of my arms every single damn time I picked her up to give her one, while her sister kept demanding I give her my apron.  (Which, no.)  And they apparently weren't newbies, just trolling me.  I'd pretty much decided they really needed to die, but they grew hair before I could starve 'em, and ran off. 

Later I saw them making knives, and one of them ran around carrying a blade blank for ages.  Didn't have a weapon, myself, so I warned people about them and tried to keep an eye on them.

But I never saw them do any griefing, we never had any unexplained problems in town (unless they were responsible for the bear that one time, but I'm dubious about that), the family tree didn't show them killing anyone, and they talked to me politely when I said my old-age goodbyes.  Damnedest thing I ever saw.  It's like they were trolling by pretending to be griefers and then not griefing! 

Anyway, all my other kids died young, but they lived to continue the line for another 16 generations.

Even without the possibility of griefers, I was worried about that town, because it was full of newbies, and I was trying to balance between trying to teach them things and trying to keep them fed, and not necessarily doing great at the latter thing.  When I died, there was plenty of stuff available to make stew and pies, but (aside from my not-griefer daughters who didn't seem to be doing too much) I'm not sure there was much of anybody who knew enough to cook.  Even the berries were languishing, and I feared the town might starve itself out soon.  I'm delighted to know that it instead kept on going.

P.S. It would have been nice to have a family name, though.  Next time you might want to make sure to name yourself! smile

P.P.S. Edited post to fix wrong generation number and some typos and add a detail.

Last edited by happynova (2019-01-22 22:37:00)

#3 2019-01-23 17:11:20

mrbah

Yeah, i honestly didn't notice i hadn't named myself yet.

#4 2019-01-23 20:29:04

happynova

mrbah wrote:

Yeah, i honestly didn't notice i hadn't named myself yet.

Well, it is a busy and distracting life, being an eve.

Board footer