One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-13 19:21:52

Yogotronik

Of my many lives, there is one I cherish the most.

I was born into an old farm with limited water. My mum died when I was a baby, but the last farmer there fed me carrots next to the fire. It was just us and he wanted me to live so the farm could continue. That was my job... create a legacy. So I helped Grandpa farm and learned the ways of the land. How to seed carrots, where the nearby ponds were, the local berry bushes, and reeds for making baskets. That was the extent of my knowledge at the time, but before long I was of age and had my first child. Grandpa and I were thrilled, and I taught the babe the ways as I knew them. Once old enough I sent them off on a task and did the same for the next child. I think Grandpa lived to see 3 of his grandchildren before fading away. The fire died, but the children pressed on. They expanded the farm, made more baskets, relit the flame. They even started making pottery and pies from the ovens and kilns. I took care of them, teaching each baby that came the way of the land. Until I was too old to do more than teach and farm. When my time came to say my goodbyes there were 7 active members who were having babies of their own, and teaching them as I did. It was when they said they would miss me that meant the most. They were better players than me, but they all appreciated the first lessons I gave them, and the chance to do more than just live. They had a chance to thrive.

#2 2018-03-13 21:23:54

Corbeno

Re: Of my many lives, there is one I cherish the most.

Dang dude that's a deep story. I hope to have one of success like that! All of my stories end up.. a little dark..

#3 2018-03-13 22:55:47

Portager

I love stories like this, they really capture the essence of this game!

#4 2018-03-16 20:48:22

Aname

My Best live i lived recently is maybe a little dark but its a good story.

I was a Male born and named Henry in a pretty advanced village. When i was born they dropped me at a fire. They told stories about a spider god but i didnt want to believe in a spider god so when i was young i thought maybe i should make a crown and become a great leader. so when i was old enough to carry a cart i picked some food baskets a pick axe and a bowl with me and went on a adventure.

Well the adventure went great i didnt really had trouble whit anything because i found some clothes in death civilizations so my hunger didnt deplete that fast and i found many berry bushes and when i was really far from town i even found gold! i was happy so i mined it whit the pick axe and picked it up whit the bowl and put it in the cart. I ran as fast back to town to make the crown!

Well i had to lookout because there where many bears out of no where so i evade them all i was Lucky because 1 bear almost got me. And when i finally came back home everyone said wow where rich! i felt pride and as fast as i could i made that crown!
Everyone said king to me i was happy but there was a sad moment because grandpa was dying he said king please take the sacred knife and protect us. Then it went south.

I saw that a mother and son where spreading that stupid spider god religion i hated it because not everyone wanted me as the king but a stupid fake spider god! So i took the sacred knife i got from grandpa and killed the female who was spreading the religion. and everyone was shocked that the king killed her. They nicknamed me Henry The Killer or Murderer. i felt bad about but i had no choice right? but there was still someone who was spreading it. it was the son of the female i killed earlier. i said he had to stop spreading this fake spider god. But he wouldnt listen so i hunted him down. he escaped but i eventually sneaked up on him and killed him.

That was the moment when people started hating me. Some old lady haunted me and said that i was a murderer and some girl who wanted to be my queen who actually wanted to steal my crown was going after me too. i was scared and became paranoid.

I ran from everyone who came near me just because i didnt want to lose the crown. The old lady who haunted me died. But i felt sad and i didnt know why. Nobody liked me anymore in that town. When i was a grandpa i gave the crown to a child who was working hard. she hated me but still accepted the crown. i dropped the crown for her but then a the female who wanted to be my queen stole the crown. I had no choice but to kill her so fast as i could and i killed her. and gave the crown back to the hard working kid.

But when i was older noone cared about me. They just said i was a terrible king. And when i almost dead i heard they where still spreading the spider god religion.

The final moments of my life was thinking about the things i did. I regretted making the crown and killing those innocent people. but i was old and couldnt change anything anymore. I died whit the fealing of regret. I hope that hard working kid the new queen is doing better then me.

So i died when i was 60 i lived my live as a king. But was it worth it?

Last edited by Aname (2018-03-16 21:51:21)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#5 2018-03-16 21:08:22

Traddy

This is easily the best story I've seen on here.

Charles Hart - Killed by Silvia Hart
Final words: "I have the knife"
––––––––––––––––––––––
UnregisteredAccount

#6 2018-03-16 21:24:25

Aname

Recommended
by Seth
24.5 hours on record
Posted 2 hours ago
Last Played 7 minutes ago

Tale of the spider god.
I was born into this world and my mom taught me of the spider god, who will bite you and eat your bones.. unless you pray "Spider away! Spider no!" I grew up, and began teaching the spider god's prayer to the children of the town. My mom was reborn and together we continued teaching the ways of our god. Then someone came to town with a crown, proclaimed themselves king. When I explained that Spider God was our only ruler, they pulled out a knife. "Spider God protect us!"
I died by knife.

I found this in at the recommended section that is the son of the female i killed. Im sorry i regret it!

Last edited by Aname (2018-03-16 21:49:44)

#7 2018-03-16 21:44:25

Casdir

Once upon a life, I was helping someone out on how to make composit. He was a fast learner! I showed him the full process once, and after that, all he did was making composit non-stop! I saw him running with his berry bowl, looking for a carrot to stick into the berries. But then he died of old age, with his last berry bowl next to his bone pile. As means to pay respect to him, I made composit of his last berry bowl. He was taking care of the carrot field from start to finish, till he had grown to grandpa, which was when I teached him on how to make composit. We had a little chat about how farming is boring. But someone has to do it, someone has to do the job, right? that was our last chat, before he ran off with his last berry bowl. I will never forget him!

There was only one other guy left with me. When he was already a grandpa, I was having a chat with him about roads. You see, I was growing a milkweed farm early on, until I got to work onto a road. I told him about how useful roads are, and how people should make more of them. With the little bit of strength that he had left in him, he helped me further build the road. But he knew he was done for. We both ate a rabbit pie on our glorious farm that we have helped building up with the other people. After that, I was going back to continue building the road. By now, I myself have also turned into a grandpa. I told RIP to him, as I felt his time was about to come. He told RIP back to me, when I was heading back to the camp. I heard him die from the distance, right next to the road that we were building together at the end. I won't forget you old man, I won't. We all did our best of work to make sure that we leave a healthy camp behind. I dropped a plate with rabbit pie next to his body, as a remembrance of our conversation.

One last road floor.. that's it, I'm done! I'm getting too old for this now. I have to take my clothes off inside the house, and rest myself to sleep.
A sleep of which I would never wake up again..

(My english sucks for story telling. True story tho! one of my many emotional moments that I had with this game.)

Last edited by Casdir (2018-03-16 21:50:05)

#8 2018-03-16 21:45:04

Xuhybrid

This reminds me of my first experiences in the game. The innate roleplay makes the game more fun for me. Now that i know more about the game, and the people i meet don't even give you the time of day when you're old, it has lessened the enjoyment.

#9 2018-03-17 01:41:46

Casdir

My last live was really fullfilling. I made sure to raise a lot of kids in my old camp. I was pooping kids like a machine gun. At some point one of the kids fk'ed us by eating the seeding carrots. At that point I abandoned my old camp and ran to the new camp that I found earlier not far from south. I told everyone about our two camps that were close to each other. I then started to make floor tiles to connect the two camps. Luckily someone else helped me after I asked her. She never said anything, until the end when she was about to die. She talked about the road that both of us were building and that we need to get a big civilization going. And then poof.. turned into a bone of piles.

I continued on, I wanted to finish the road to connect both of our camps before I died of old age. And I did it. We did it. I saved on wood by leaving atleast one free space between each floor tile, sometimes even two. That way I could build a faster and a longer road without having to waste too many boards, and less walking of course.

In the end, a lot of people seem to have been missing. From more than 15+ people, I only saw around 5 peps at the end. Hopefully they will make it.

There was only one guy left at the old camp where I started at. I told him about the new camp that was at south and that the roads are connected now. Then I turned into a pile of bones, just like my old pal before me, who helped me build the road. The road took about 30-ish boards or so.

I really feel like I accomplished a lot that life.

Papa bless!

Last edited by Casdir (2018-03-17 01:45:53)

#10 2018-03-18 00:29:35

Casdir

Had another great moment with my past life.

I was born as a little boy on a healthy farm. My family which only consited of my Mom, my Uncle and Me, already had a lot of carrots stached away when I was given birth. There were also a loooot of berry bushes around as well. So in terms of food we had a good life living for. Soon after my Mom got another child, a little girl. But unfortunately she didn't make it. She must had been born with some serious illness. All of a sudden she dropped dead and nobody knew why.

At first I wanted to go hunt for my family. Make some traps for rabbits and stuff. They told me they had no traps, which was why I was going for being a rabbit hunter. We already had tons of food and a little milkweed farm as well. We had most everything you could have asked for, even in terms of tools. But I wasn't able to craft more than one trap, so I decided to help my parrents with carrot farm. Soon enough, my Uncle gave me his precious hat. It may have been just a fur hat, but to him, as well as me, it was more than just that. I took it with pride. I told him that he looked still young, until I looked closer onto his face. I then saw some wrinkles in his face.

Not long after, he had his last chat with Mom. He was standing on the carrot field with her as he was saying good bye. I told him to get off the carrot farm and die somewhere on the greenfield next to us. It took him a while, but he eventually got his old bum going. For whatever reason he picked up a basked of carrots, as he was running towards the greenfield. I don't know what was going through my Uncles head at that point, but it was kind of funny to look at. Then he dropped dead to the ground as he was running. I was still laughting about him running as he took that random basket filled with carrots. But soon after I payed respect to his corpse, saying RIP to my dead Uncle as my Mom is standing right next to me. She was mumbling something about him. She said she always knew he was something something. I don't know what exactly she was referring to, and even when I asked her about it, she didn't tell me. Oh well..

After the death of my Uncle, my Mom started to get lost about her job. I was already a grown up dude who was able to take care of himself. So I told her to stop watering our farm. We had more than enough food with just the berry bushes around us. And since she was already too old to get more kids, there was no need to keep the farm going at this point. I told her to get more baskets, as we were running out of storage space for our carrots and seeds.

While Mom was heading to the west to get us some baskets, I tried to clean up the big mess that our camp was. There was so much stuff laying around, mostly carrots and seeds. I looked at which baskets I could empty to fill them the farm good. You know, I always see people stashing away so many milkweed seeds. You really don't need to stash away more than one basket of them. When you pick milkweed in the right way, it always will leave behind an infinite amount of seeds. People don't have to worry about them later on. Only early on when you are trying to start a milkweed farm from ground up, that's when you want to stash away a bunch of seeds to transfer them to your camp or whatever.

I didn't expect Mom to come back alive. She was gone for so long for such a simple task. She knew where she was finding reed for the baskets, that's what she told me. But eventually I heard footsteps closing in on me. But they sounded like they were coming from north. At first I thought it might be some stranger that is trying to survive, but as it turned out that wasn't the case. I found Mom back at the farm when I was running back to it after I tried to locate the footsteps of her.

We were able to clean up a good amount of stuff. Most carrots and seeds where stashed away. Then I had a little chat with Mom. She told me how there was nothing more to do for on our camp. Other than the traps that I wanted to build when I was still a young child. But I found stacks of rabbit fur laying around close by, so I figured I didn't even need to hunt for us all that badly. We were doing fine in terms of clothes. The only thing we lacked were backpacks.

Mom started to get old. Like really old! She told me how proud she was for me. I told her that she did a very well job as a Mom. She was the best Mom I could have hoped for. I loved her.
I told her that we're going to see each other in our next life. RiP Mom. And then she died right next to me...

I took her corpse up north above our farm. I dropped her corpse under my home marker, with a plate of rabbit pie under her. I didn't know what else to put to her corpse as a rememberence, but who doesn't like pie? Rabbit pie is the best! Even in death. After that I took my Uncle's corpse and placed it next to my Mom's corpse. Of course I put another plate of Rabbit pie underneath my Uncle's corpse. I got a little emotional over the burying process of my family. But live had to go on! So I went back to the camp soon enough.

I was checking out the south side of our camp and found a road that was leading to east. I don't know who exactly built it, maybe my Uncle, maybe someone else. I wanted to continue working on it, but there were no butt logs around for me to craft boards. So I was searching for the axe all around the camp and close to the end of the road, but nothing. I couldn't find the axe for the life of me. So I said fuk it.

I went back to the farm and decided to make some compost and some extra baskets. I was surprised how close the swamp was with all it's reed and ponds. It had me question why it took my Mom so long to get the baskets for us earlier. I took her at least 5 to 8 minutes. Something that should have been done in a little less than 5 minutes. Maybe the reeds that I found which where basically right next to our camp, weren't there when she was looking for them. That's probably it.

Anyways! I did 4 piles of compost and made 4 extra baskets. At that point I didn't know what to do anymore. I tried to make arrows, but realized that I needed strings for them, which we didn't had a whole lot around. So I scraped the arrow making idea. I got some goose feathers nonetheless, in case someone else might find our camp someday.

I started to feel old. I figured I use some of the traps that I have done and get a little more rabbit fur, just because. I decided to make one more shoe and a backpack. I screwed up with the backpack and forgot to add two cut rabbit furs to it. I managed to find some extra strings, so eventually I was able to craft my backpack. I wanted it mostly to help me out with building the road to the east, to stash some food in it. But at that point I already had given up on that idea, so I just made the backpack for shits and giggles. I'm sure someone is going to stumble across our camp at some point and that person is going to appreciate the backpack, for sure.

I felt my time was coming. I had to say good bye to my little camp. It was much more fun to help building it than I expected at first. And I'm glad I stuck around with it.

Now it's time to get some rest. I took my plate with rabbit pie and ran up north to my families graveyard. I took my clothes off and put them next to me. Then I took one last bite from my rabbit pie, before I put it down under me.

This was it. My last couple breaths, before I would collapse down to the ground, between my Mom and my Uncle.

RiP!

#11 2018-03-18 21:15:23

Aname

Once i was a female named hailey in a really really advanced civ and there wasnt really anything to do then to farm carrots or bake pies and i didnt like that so the moment i grew up i picked up a cart a pick axe and a bowl (again) to make a crown (again)

(i just like making crowns)

So i found some gold pretty far from the town i mined it ran home without any trouble no bear no wolves just some seals
When i got home i gathered some charcoal that was lying on the ground put it in the forge and made the crown!

But when i was busy making the crown i wasnt really getting kids. So when i made the crown i got a girl! Nice! But too sad when she grew up she died because she prob wasnt really good at surviving on her own. and i couldnt get kids anymore because i was too old.

I got old pretty fast and i didnt really had the crown for a long time. I was a snobby queen but i didnt threatend anyone.
When i was old and when i was about to die i gave the crown to aa young man it was one of my great nephews he got the crown and i said HAIL THE NEW KING! and everyone did the same. but he knew i was almost dead and said that he was thankful i gave him the crown and he said he would make a maloseaum for me!

And so i died of the age of 59 of starvation.

#12 2018-03-19 19:40:37

Aname

Once i was born in a town with too many people and we where low on food

As a kid i was walking around the camp but someone had a bow so i didnt trust that guy. i was right because that guy wanted too kill me. so i ran away. he said all non related babys needs to die like wtf. i didnt do anything wrong. so eventually i picked up a bow and Arrow to protect myself. he came after me again i wanted too shoot him but i missed but he missed too. i ran away again. i ate from some bushes and came back. i saw everyone going beserk. there where like 5 people with bows trying to kill each other. i was a target so i had to run away so i ran north where was a little camp. when i came at the little camp there was a guy with a knif like u srs. he was killing 3 guys. but he didnt saw me so i ran off. then i stole some carrots when i could. stole some pie. picked stuff up from the dead bodys everywhere. then i saw someone die whit a backpack. i wanted to pick the backpack up and i was Lucky there was a knife in the backpack prob from the guy who killed 3 guys.

So i went back to the old camp and i saw the guy who wanted to kill me as a kid. so i tried to kill him but he escaped. i never saw him coming back. so i had the big camp alone for myself. but when i walked back to the little camp north i saw a little girl. i didnt trust her so i tried to kill her but she picked up a bow so i ran off. i tried to kill her a couple of time but she escaped all the time.

When some years passed i saw her farming in the big camp so i tried to kill her there. she picked up her bow but she was too slow to shoot me so i killed her with my knife.

Everyone was dead except me. I didnt know why everyone wanted to kill each other like it was really annoying. i went farming maked a stockpile of food for the new people that will come because i was a boy so icouldnt get kids.

And then i died of the age of 60 i was the only survivor with that guy that ran of and i never saw again. i survived the war!

Too bad that there even was a war its not fun to kill people because it was a nice civ it prob happend because that guy wanted all non relation people died like who cares if there non related.

Board footer