One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-21 14:59:21

karltown_veteran

From Alicia, To Mom

Dear mom:
You were upset that all your babies kept running. Initially I wanted to die behind a tree, but you and Gramma both looked so sad. So I heard a bell, and made up my mind to stay until I could travel to the bell. I made a sealskin coat for you out of Gramma's sealskin and told you that it would warm you to have more babies. It was my goodbye present, and I left for the bell. But I changed my mind after going a few meters, remembering what a former mother had said: that One Hour One Life was not about the changes you made to technology, but to other people in your life. The whole idea of building a transmitter and receiver was to see your daughter's face when she cried into one end and it came out the other.
So I went back. I started farming. I was the only girl in our small Generation 3 camp, and was determined to have many children. I knew that high yum meter brought more babies, so I started trying to eat "yum" foods. This lead me to plant corn, cook eggs and rabbits, and go on faraway quests for bananas and onions.
I remember that you gave me the sealskin coat, when you were in your late thirties. I don't remember you dying, you were just suddenly not there any more. Life was moving too quickly: we had begun our first smithing and baking, and with a steadily growing "yum" meter I was popping out babies left and right. I ended up with a "yum" meter of x13 (I had to break it in my late forties, unfortunately) and a whole bunch of grandkids.
I love you all. To everyone else in the camp:
My nameless Uncle: You were quiet but a hard worker and a good smith. I found your grave near a tree and brought back the snare you had been carrying.
Erika: I was so excited when I saw mom carrying you. I knew she was really happy because she had wanted a daughter. I'm sorry you were killed by a wolf, it happens to the best of us.
Katie: My other sister. Mom got old and so I fed you, which you found gross. You wanted to eat berries. You were annoying to me to say the least, but you grew out of it and we ended up as friends. I'm sorry you died to a wild boar. Your hat went to your nephew, Ferdi. He looked dope in it.
Daxton: You were a good kid. The first child I had that lived long enough to show to your Grammy Hope. She was so pleased.
Avida (Avidan): I think you must have lagged or else your game crashed, because you died at age twenty after staying in the same place for about five minutes. I fed your twins, Fatima and Amara. They were good kids.
Fatima and Amara: You were pretty good, as far as twins go. I was so happy to have grandkids, and you were very good workers. One of you got my backpack, but I'm not sure which.
Bella: I'm sorry. I went to the jungle to get bananas for my ''yum'' meter, and we were both stung by bugs. I was so close to saving you, I feel really bad.
Andrea: You were a good worker. Thank you for making backpacks. And for carrying our line to the.... 23RD GENERATION! WOOP WOOP! I guess the "baby maker" sealskin coat worked after all, huh? wink
Ferdinand (nickname Ferdi) : I could tell you were a bit new to smithing, but you were still eager to learn and quickly got the hang of it. Also, my sunhat looked dope on you.
Bernadette (nicknamed Berni by both me and Daxton) : You were a quiet baby but a good daughter. I could never tell you and Mariette apart.
Mariette: My last baby. I was thrilled to be having so many, but my hair turned grey less than a minute after you were born. I fed you berries along with your nieces Fatima and Amara. You all stayed stayed still, which I was grateful for.
Firdraws: A great granddaughter! The only great granddaughter I saw in my lifetime. You looked so cute in Amara's arms.
Freddie and Rebecca: Grandkiddies. You seemed okay. You didn't get squash seeds but Andrea was proud of you so I am too.
My three babies that ran / suicided: You missed out on a great family. Poor you.
Ninette: I never saw you but apparently you were a nomad legend. Who I'm guessing followed a bell and mixed with the Keto family.

I love you guys!!!

Edit: My family line http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3001634

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2019-01-21 15:06:13)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer