One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-13 14:21:58

nikooo

How to fix the Cannot Open OneLife on MacOSX

So I ran into this issue and saw that there really wasn't much on the topic so I thought I would post my knowledge here.

Step One:
Open the current location of your OneLife game.

Step Two:
Open up the terminal. You can do this by using the Spotlight Search and typing "Terminal" without the quotes.

Step Three:
Right click on the executable for OneLife and select Show Package Contents. It should be the second option from the top

Step Four:
Navigate to the actual executable. OneLife_vxx.app > Contents > MacOS. Here you will see a file called "OneLife". We will need this for the next step.

Step Five:
Go back to the terminal window you opened and copy this code in:

chmod 755

and hit space.

Step Six:
Drag and drop the OneLife file into the terminal. It should look a little something like this:

chmod 755 '/Applications/OneLife_v58b/OneLife_v64.app/Contents/MacOS/OneLife'

Hit enter.

And you're done. The file should run now without issue.

If you have any issues or suggestions I'm all ears.

#2 2018-04-22 14:00:42

ConfandibulumFlakes

Re: How to fix the Cannot Open OneLife on MacOSX

This worked for me with one caveat: I can only run the game by clicking on the executable from inside the folder found by selecting "Open Package Contents".

Clicking on the App icon inside the normal folder still quits without warning.

When I click on the file inside the Package Contents, it first opens a Terminal window and does a bunch of stuff and then launches the app.

I've made this easier for myself by creating a shortcut to the executable inside the Package Contents, and putting that shortcut (alias) in the main folder next to the app icon.

Last edited by ConfandibulumFlakes (2018-04-22 14:01:28)

Board footer