One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-16 05:29:59

Gederian

Quad Eves Going On Server Two

Discord:

https://discord.gg/XHR9Mep

We're coordinating to get multiple Eve quadruplets in the same spot so we can keep returning to the same spot on a populated server and see how large we can grow a town. Post some specific day/times and time zone you can start and I'll add them to the bottom of this post.

I'll be updating this post with times people are available, scheduled quads, and tips/strategies we come up with.

Remember, you just need to launch the line. You don't need to do a marathon session.

Things You Should Know:

- If you spawn as baby quads then /die and try again until you get eve
- Anyone can join the town or be quads. There will be blood so be watchful at all times.

Things To Try:
- If you spawn multiple sets of quads at the same time are they 250 tiles away from each other (8 line towns)?

Here is general availability of people willing to do quads (All converted to Pacific Time Zone). Message them on this thread to organize a game!

Gederian:
  10AM to 3PM Weekdays
  After 7PM Weekdays
  Any time Friday - Sunday

Nepumuk:
  10AM to 3PM

Michie :
  10AM to 3PM

apereason
  11 AM to 3 PM
  After 7 PM

Mandymom:
  5PM to 8PM

Sasooli:
  2AM to 8am Weekdays
  Friday & Sunday "Mornings"

WalrusesConquer
  7AM - 8AM Weekdays
  11PM - 2AM Weekends

Last edited by Gederian (2019-01-18 21:54:21)

#2 2019-01-16 07:17:42

hmrka

Re: Quad Eves Going On Server Two

Ohh I saw quad eves yesterday, town developed nicely! It was strange to see many experienced ppl in one place, even their kids were trying their best. I felt a bit useless since they got sheep in one gen, had all tools, and lots of iron. My sister and her two sons were pretty passionate about forging (my fav job) so I just made stew and tried to get kids. All of them ran except my youngest son. But other unrelated ppl still had girls so I didn't worry too much. I got born there later and made stuff for oil pumpjack, idk why someone decided to make an engine before we even got oil lol. Some random dude who killed sheep stabbed me sadly.

I would want to do quad eves, but last time I tried doing it we died at like 30 , maybe one of us survived a bit longer idk. I was a noob back then so I may do better now.

Also my longest lineage was from twin eves, tho I didn't deserve It, I mostly ate and babysitted, snared some rabbits - while my twin worked her ass off. Her line lived to third gen, and mine to fifty-something.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#3 2019-01-16 15:11:34

WalrusesConquer

Seems like fun!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#4 2019-01-16 15:36:58

Sasooli

I'd be up for that! What's the best way to coordinate it? Via discord?

#5 2019-01-16 15:39:09

Tarr
Banned

hmrka wrote:

I got born there later and made stuff for oil pumpjack, idk why someone decided to make an engine before we even got oil lol.

I figured diesel engine is a little harder for people to put together than the distillery + pumpjack. Plus I've been having putting the engines together so I rushed one out when I got to revisit the camp.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2019-01-16 15:56:40

Potjeh

Heh, I worked on getting that oil, but first had to make a new newcomen engine because someone decided to make a pump out of the one that was ready, even though we had a complete diesel engine and there was plenty of water in the wells. Died at 58 just as I was getting ready to fire the oil rig the second time, but there was a girl with me so I hope she kept going and struck oil (there were like four spare pipes IIRC).

#7 2019-01-16 16:18:07

Nepumuk

I'd be up for it during EU day/evening. I'm not much for talking on voicechat, just so you know (I'm fine listening). Also I have no experience with newcomen things and am not the best smith, but am always eager to learn. Can do all the basic stuff and am happy just being a cog in a big wheel so to speak.

I am Eve Speed.

#8 2019-01-16 18:10:50

Gederian

Awesome! Lets start planning this!

If you want to join a quad post some days/times you can participate. I'll update the main post with everyone times so we can reconcile.

I'm not much of a voice chatter either. The difficult thing is just coordinating the start times which I think we can do here. Once we start going in game chat will work for most people. There will be randoms there too so we will need to chat in game.

Here are my ideal start times:

Monday - Friday 10AM to 3PM Pacific Time

I can also do a weekend evening/overnight run.

#9 2019-01-16 18:34:17

CrazyEddie

Tarr wrote:

I figured diesel engine is a little harder for people to put together than the distillery + pumpjack. Plus I've been having putting the engines together so I rushed one out when I got to revisit the camp.

A request for the handful of people who know how to build the very advanced tech: please spend more time manufacturing the pieces and leave assembly to later generations. Those of us(*) not inclined to learn recipes by studying onetech can benefit by seeing what the various parts are and how they combine (using the in-game hints), and can slowly backwards-engineer how to work up the chain from the parts we already know how to do.

(*) For all I know, I'm the only such person...

Last edited by CrazyEddie (2019-01-16 18:35:33)

#10 2019-01-16 18:53:32

Tarr
Banned

CrazyEddie wrote:
Tarr wrote:

A request for the handful of people who know how to build the very advanced tech: please spend more time manufacturing the pieces and leave assembly to later generations. Those of us(*) not inclined to learn recipes by studying onetech can benefit by seeing what the various parts are and how they combine (using the in-game hints), and can slowly backwards-engineer how to work up the chain from the parts we already know how to do.

(*) For all I know, I'm the only such person...

Honestly I have zero problem leaving a bunch of finished parts behind for people to put together like a jigsaw but its just if you leave pieces in their near finished state you end up with

x6 steel valve
x2 fuel nozzle body
x2 precision cylinder
x2 precision piston
x1 crank shaft
x1 cam shaft
x1 steel pipe
x1 fuel tank

eight of those items are basically the size of a gooseberry seed and are easily lost. Leaving them in their piston blank form + steel rods form allows for very easy screw ups and anything at this point that is ruined can't be reforged. I probably failed four or five times before I got my first engine out because: I suck at following directions so I accidentally made 5 pipes, other people wanting to help making extra of something I didn't need, or just running out of time after making all the newcomen parts to get to this point.

It's either I leave all ready to go materials that anyone can accidentally mess up or I leave all ready to put together parts which are just as easy to lose.

fug it’s Tarr.

#11 2019-01-16 19:26:19

Nepumuk

10 AM to 3 PM PST works for me most of the time, tomorrow included.

I am Eve Speed.

#12 2019-01-16 22:26:00

Gederian

We got two onboard for a 10 AM to 3 PM start tomorrow. Anyone else in? You know you want to!

#13 2019-01-16 22:32:24

Mandymom

I can do it for about 7-10 pm central US

#14 2019-01-16 22:45:15

apereason

I can play intermittently between 11 AM to 3 PM after that available until 7 PM (Pacific time)

#15 2019-01-16 22:55:54

Gederian

I updated the main post for Mandymom, apereason, and myself. We have four!

If Nepumuk can also do tonight at 7PM can Mandymom, apereason? If not how about tomorrow?

If we can get one more for 10AM to 3PM we could do that tomorrow.

#16 2019-01-16 23:03:39

apereason

Gederian wrote:

I updated the main post for Mandymom, apereason, and myself. We have four!

If Nepumuk can also do tonight at 7PM can Mandymom, apereason? If not how about tomorrow?

If we can get one more for 10AM to 3PM we could do that tomorrow.

Yeah I can do 7 tonight

#17 2019-01-16 23:06:06

Sasooli

Most days of the week I can do daytime (say 10-4) GMT, which I think is about 2-8am PST? Not ideal for fitting with those of you on PST, but on Fridays and Sundays I can go into European evening so that would fit with a PST morning. Or if we find another couple of Europeans Nepumuk and I can start a separate quad town smile

It would be nice to plan the four surnames to be themed somehow - like North South East and West for example, though I'm not sure if those are all on the namelist. Or even just all starting with the same letter - just something to tie the lines together for later generations to see.

#18 2019-01-16 23:17:59

Gederian

Sasooli, I added your times to the main post. Love the names NSEW.

Please feel free to organize as many quads with anyone you can!

If anyone else wants to join just post what you want your availability to say and I'll add you.

#19 2019-01-17 18:06:36

WalrusesConquer

I am willing and am free 15:00- 16:00 (GMT) Weekdays and from 7:00-10:00 weekends! I'd love to join in but my timezone is a bit of an inconvenience..

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#20 2019-01-17 18:09:05

Nepumuk

My partner Michie would be willing to join as well around the same times as me. Not sure how we're gonna organize this so we made a discord for now if you wanna talk details https://discord.gg/fWxFSW

I am Eve Speed.

#21 2019-01-17 18:38:01

Gederian

I updated times on the main thread for WalrusesConquer and Nepumuk

I joined the discord chat. Let's get this going!

I'll post updates from discord here for non discord users.

- We have three people waiting in discord. If you are ready just post on this thread and we'll get going!

#22 2019-01-17 18:46:35

dangergirl713

I'm in. Waiting to be born.

#23 2019-01-17 18:47:16

Michie

Nice! We just decided to just spawn in as trips, let me quickly switch back to Quads!
It's easier if you'd join the discord wink

#24 2019-01-17 18:47:45

Gederian

I'm there waiting!

#25 2019-01-17 18:49:28

dangergirl713

What is the family name?

Board footer