One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-24 06:06:00

CrazyEddie

Camp Gemini

Today I and four other people spawned, in fairly rapid succession, as children of twins. Sadly, we quickly realized that our mothers were new players and had no idea what to do. As you might expect, both mothers were very soon dead. The oldest of us had already run off, and the rest of us just figured we were doomed. But! As we were trying to figure out what to do, our sister - the runaway - came running back, saying "FOLLOW" ! So we did, five tiny children trekking through the wilderness, keeping each other alive as we went. And before long, our sister had led us to... a small abandoned camp! There was a berry farm in need of tending, a few other plots started, some tools scattered about, a forge, a bit of iron...

And with a resolve born of shared desperation, this band of children cast aside by two mothers set about the business of rebuilding the camp. The first frantic scramble to feed ourselves soon gave way to a whirlwind of progress. We worked together as a team, everyone rapidly finding something vital to do and keeping each other up-to-date. We were born to do this. We were two separate lineages, but all one family, each of us working side-by-side with our "no relations". Because we were related. We shared the same heritage of surviving the hapless twin mothers, working hard, and building a legacy.

I don't know who started the camp... but I know that we were the ones to make it thrive. I have been born back into that camp four times today, and while it has had its ups and downs (and may not survive the nightly die-off) there have been a multitude of children. Twelve generations so far as of this writing. So if you've been playing today, there's a decent chance you've been there as well. You'll recognize it by the two distinct family lines working together in the one town, neither of them with last names.

Here are the family trees:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2513451
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2513453

If the town truly takes off, I'd ask anyone who has the opportunity to please erect a sign naming the town "Gemini", in honor of our late mothers. They couldn't give us the start to life that all children deserve, but at least they brought us together.

#2 2018-12-24 06:10:55

Crumpaloo

Re: Camp Gemini

Neat story

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#3 2018-12-24 11:22:05

Booklat1

Re: Camp Gemini

we need more stuff like this happening.

Board footer