One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-20 01:44:33

BlueDiamondAvatar

Two Bell Berry Patch and a note for Julie Snow

I just got born into my FAVORITE CITY of all time, as the eldest son of a wandering eve, Eve Snow.  First thing I do, I ask mom, "We" "Ring" "Bell?"

We go and ring the adjacent bells. These bells started as the best mosquito wall I've ever seen, but now they tower over the berry patch I (as a player) helped plant many generations ago. A few minutes later, Eve Less wanders in with a passel of kids and takes over the bakery I had just finished clearing of old broken and floppy baskets.  I'm happy.  My mom is happy.  We both were going around telling the other family we were happy they were there, and vice a versa.

But it only takes a few bad seeds.  My mom was murdered by a younger daughter of the other eve. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2459916

Wish I'd been there to see that... I do wonder who started the incident??

Because, my younger brothers didn't stop at murdering the culprit, but decided they needed to wipe out any "threats", which meant any member of the Less family with a knife.  They managed to kill my buddy Deaton Less, but I wasn't having it. I cursed my brother, and spent the next ten minutes explaining to him why his answers for why they just killed Deaton were completely lame.  This involved a lot of him saying "but they hit us first"  and me reminding him "we rang the bell".  I don't know if I changed his mind, but I don't see any more murders in the Less tree during his lifetime.  I was also quite clear that if I had a knife he would be dead.

You see, my brother had murdered my friend, Deaton Less.  Deaton and I had just had an awesome conversation about our prior lives in Two Bell Berry Patch.  We'd also started swapping tales about the prior exploits of Eve Snow, including the demise of a previous Snow family due to... a vengeance seeking member over-reacting to the arrival of another Eve. (sound familiar?)

I'm still proud of ringing those bells. Both families are still going over an hour later, and now have rampant cross-naming.  (And murders.  But there are always murders, right?)

But mostly this note is to let a certain player know, I'm sorry I didn't live to explain all this to you in game, and I HIGHLY approve.    Good job Julie Snow.  GOOD JOB.

Long live Two Bell Berry Patch!  May she be forever Snow-Less and green.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#2 2018-12-20 04:07:18

Sylverone

Re: Two Bell Berry Patch and a note for Julie Snow

Cool, I enjoyed reading this. Took me a minute to get the wordplay of Snow-Less. Cool. wink I will definitely consider following any bells rung.

Board footer