One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-12-20 20:33:42

Greep

Re: I got shot for making a bucket!

Tarr wrote:

The fact you value carrots + carrot seeds so highly shows you haven't been playing this game too awful long. While yes, it can be annoying for someone to mess up the carrots more often than not what happens is people keep seeding carrots, picking said seeds, and then proceeding to seed another patch when growing more carrots. Clutter is a serious issue in this game and adding more and more to the city is a bad thing in the grand scheme. I personally will cart spare carrot seeds into a town dumping area because generally speaking the rows of dry carrots are more than enough to continue composting + get more seeds.

It's this weird thinking that ends up leading to those giant mutton biomes no one has ever wanted to clear out. It's okay to be suboptimal. No one in game is going to be doing 110% all the time. Instead of making a giant mess for some measly carrot seeds let the things despawn. I'd much rather have a clean work environment than to have to have a janitor come clear out all the town junk around my station.

I can even vouch for Jk being a great player, the fact she let you off after you messed up her work station is much nicer than most people would be. The fact you killed someone after YOU fucked up her work is just sad.

I still disagree, and I'd explain further, but carrot seeds is getting off topic.  I don't even think clutter is not a problem, the giant mutton mounds do have to be dealt with , e.g.  But this is a topic for another thread if someone wants to talk about it.

The point is, if two people disagree strongly to the point where neither wants to back off from the situation, there is no way to discuss it in game, and it's pretty awful.  There is just not enough text in game to explain your reasoning.  If they feel strongly enough, which I do here, this leads to shooting someone, and this is how you get shot for making a bucket.

@ crazy eddie, you call everyone immoral and evil.  Meh.  And apparently there's no mods because people just call each other dumbasses and idiots here.  I've never seen an official forums more cancerous than steam forums -___-

Last edited by Greep (2018-12-20 20:39:16)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#27 2018-12-20 20:40:26

CrazyEddie

Greep wrote:

If they feel strongly enough, which I do here, this leads to shooting someone.

Well, now there's your problem right there. That's a pretty stupid thing to feel that strongly about. Don't be so gosh-darn trigger-happy.

@ crazy eddie, you call everyone immoral and evil.

Not true! I call some people stupid.

Mostly though I call people helpful and friendly and polite, because most people are, thankfully.

#28 2018-12-21 13:33:58

Sylverone

Greep wrote:

The point is, if two people disagree strongly to the point where neither wants to back off from the situation, there is no way to discuss it in game, and it's pretty awful.  There is just not enough text in game to explain your reasoning.  If they feel strongly enough, which I do here, this leads to shooting someone, and this is how you get shot for making a bucket.

Actually that sounds to me pretty much like the way things happen outside games too. It's only about 5% of the time maybe that a person changes their mind based on an argument from someone they disagree with. At best they agree to disagree, usually. That's not to say they don't file it away and maybe change their minds LATER if further "anomalies" and evidence build up in their experience. An exception would be that a fair amount of the time people are actually basically agreed, but they don't like the way the other person approaches the subject or situation. They end up opposed on the emotional level. That's part of why agreeable, forgiving types and disagreeable, "I'm going to actually do something about this" types might clash so much. Maybe, I dunno.

Hmm. Part of me really likes the text restriction in game. So far for me it's a significant part of the character of the game. We'll see if my feeling change with time.

Board footer