One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-07 20:58:55

lionon

Okay I've had it for now . . . 3 games, 3 griefers

I said I made an exception for online gaming, since OHOL seemed so positive watching on twitch.

Tonight, 3 games, 3 times griefed, 2 times murdered (ableit over the age of 50.. wow, you got a long f** griefer)

First game: massacre lady with already two kills I couldn't even kill albeit I had a knife due to "dancing mechanic.

Second game: an eve camp, mostly cool people, one had to take the fire drill as soon as they was a child ran of into the badlands and wake all bears (two screens away, didn't make much damage and we found the drill since the bears gave it away, but still, sigh). Griefing an eve camp, just wow, what an achievement. *rolls eyes*

Third game: That was an akward village, but baking went down since nobody had a knife. Decided to make one. Didn't see a file, so went for a goose, skinned the goose, starting looking for the axe. Gone. Found a stone hatched, made a fire... goose gone. But file here again. wtf. Okay, so can go directly for the knife. A girl used the smithy,  at first didn't want to interrupt her... which just constantly kept making shovels.. There was already a basket full of shovel heads and she kept doing more... Said enough with the shovels, we need a knife! She: "murderer!"... really? I took the hammer. Smithed a blade blank... went off to get something to eat, I came back the blank was gone, that kid standing there. Okay cursed her. She tried to curse me back, but no token. Then stabbed me.

I need an off time. If the griefers wanted to force me out. You won. At least for now.

PS: Why is it almost always that totally geared up little girl that turns out to be a griefer.

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-07 21:00:39)

#2 2018-12-07 21:14:49

Floofy

Re: Okay I've had it for now . . . 3 games, 3 griefers

Griefing an eve camp is definitely a big dick move. I've never seen that happen before. Griefers usually do that to big cities.

Hopefully that shovel spammer wasn't inspired by my earlier post. I feel like you got pretty unlucky, i don't encounter griefers that often.

#3 2018-12-07 21:32:07

MultiLife

Take some time off, enjoy doing something else for a while. smile I usually play 1-2 lives few times a week, I can only handle so much negativity from online games - there will always be that so it's good to counterbalance that with something... less social, heh. big_smile

I've recently had some lucky lives, peacefully teaching newbies who accidentally destroy stuff in small villages. One even shot a baby today, but I believe it was an accident. I kept teaching him and all the newbie kids; in the end all of them starved before their time (the baby shooter starved while learning to a make home marker hahah), but at least now they took some knowledge with themselves to their next lives.

You can also try putting your time into praising your fellow players, maybe offering cooperation; it can lead to friendships, just being the one to initiate some talks. Sometimes I overhear someone's project and bring them things they need, and soon we are high fiving over a door in a building. In one life when I just had learned smithing, a boy owed his life to run around with his cart and serve me and other villagers, running errands and bringing items. Whole life. I kept praising him and truly felt very fond of him, always customizing my praises for him especially, using his name and giving him meaningful jobs as I pushed out steel tools. If I had a hug command, I certainly would've hugged him a lot!

Anyways, keep on cursing the griefers. It's quite effective when they get to Donkey Town. Even if the sentences could be a bit longer, it creates a big obstacle for them to overcome as they hate being in the Eve banishment. Even half an hour is like a mother taking away their Minecraft for a day.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-07 23:34:06)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-07 22:00:04

Tarr
Banned

The problem with pvp is for you to get good at it you must pvp in the first place. Knives end up in the benny hill sort of combat (one party chases the other around for an extended amount of time) and bow combat requires you to be withing 3 range and "guess" where they'll be moving. I personally find bow combat easier to do since you can stand still and allow the attack to come to you.

Unfortunately in a game like this griefers will always have the upper hand. Make someone a guard to watch stuff? These people are normally power hungry and murder at the first chance. Your best bets are to hide a personal weapon in a town (make sure you are picking a server) and just take it whenever you spawn into a town.

I know it's not fun to play the town guard (not the asshat with the drawn bow) and sometimes you get cursed but it's for the best of everyone. Sometimes the good guys have to take the heat for what dicks do. As long as you aren't doing active harm you should be good in the long run.

Being armed or knowing where a weapon is will increase the chances of you stomping out a troll early. Be mindful of "noob" mistakes. Someone shearing all the sheep? Be extra vigilant with watching. Zoom your screen out with abwz mod and watch. I've caught people griefing just by pretending to be afk away from their target.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-12-08 00:41:45

Tramax

lionon wrote:

just constantly kept making shovels.. There was already a basket full of shovel heads and she kept doing more...

When you took over the forge you put the shovel heads into bowls to make scrapped steel right? Wasting iron on unfinished steel tools is nooby griefing because it can be undone very easily.

Last edited by Tramax (2018-12-08 01:56:18)

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#6 2018-12-08 01:40:17

happynova

lionon wrote:

PS: Why is it almost always that totally geared up little girl that turns out to be a griefer.

Yeah, you pretty much never do see a naked griefer, do you?  Well, of course, grifers don't care about anybody but themselves, so they prioritize getting gear for themselves while the productive people are running around half-naked trying to keep the compost from running out.

Floofy wrote:

Griefing an eve camp is definitely a big dick move. I've never seen that happen before. Griefers usually do that to big cities.

I have.  It was so utterly, bafflingingly pointless it was hard to even feel mad about it.

#7 2018-12-08 02:10:53

alphabetter

honestly the griefers are why I can't stand playing in big cities. so many deaths by knives and newbs that can't heal. I'll stick around if I'm near the last girl, or if I'm eveing and don't want to lose my respawn chain, but that's really it. otherwise, I've been killed too many times to stay. I've never had anyone do that to an eve camp, so that really sucks you had that dick kid do that. never seen anything like that before...

i used to name my kids alphabetically. now i just... dont play anymore.

#8 2018-12-08 03:02:24

Gabby

lionon wrote:

Second game: an eve camp, mostly cool people, one had to take the fire drill as soon as they was a child ran of into the badlands and wake all bears (two screens away, didn't make much damage and we found the drill since the bears gave it away, but still, sigh). Griefing an eve camp, just wow, what an achievement. *rolls eyes*

Clayton family? My big brother Jack Clayton, maybe? I was Tom Clayton. We were second gen. Mother died super young. I retrieved the firebow drill, near the bears. I still don't know who did it. Probably some runaway kid that died afterwards.

If that was you, I hope you come back soon. It was nice to play with you. Some days are worse than others, but you know, I had three awful lives yesterday, but then I had one of my favourite lives so far right after them. And even though we had someone griefing our Eve Camp, I enjoyed that life too.

Be nice to the mouflon

#9 2018-12-08 03:59:01

Azrael

Floofy wrote:

Hopefully that shovel spammer wasn't inspired by my earlier post. I feel like you got pretty unlucky, i don't encounter griefers that often.

Lol trust me your post didn't encourage griefing. Most of the time the players dont uave discord/forums and don't even bother to read posts if they do have it.

These are isolated events of noobish griefing that i definitely wouldn't do, not to a small camp anyways.

Anyways why is this a big deal? This post doesnt bring up discussions not two sided, just hate towards griefers.

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#10 2018-12-08 06:21:35

lionon

Gabby wrote:
lionon wrote:

Clayton family? My big brother Jack Clayton, maybe? I was Tom Clayton. We were second gen. Mother died super young. I retrieved the firebow drill, near the bears. I still don't know who did it. Probably some runaway kid that died afterwards.

If that was you, I hope you come back soon. It was nice to play with you. Some days are worse than others, but you know, I had three awful lives yesterday, but then I had one of my favourite lives so far right after them. And even though we had someone griefing our Eve Camp, I enjoyed that life too.

Yes. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2283519

Was very nice to play with you.

#11 2018-12-08 06:22:43

lionon

Azrael wrote:

just hate towards griefers.

Thats what they are going for anyways. So why the surprise?

#12 2018-12-08 07:08:34

Azrael

lionon wrote:
Azrael wrote:

just hate towards griefers.

Thats what they are going for anyways. So why the surprise?

Why even post this. I swear everday its something new and everyday it gets worse. I cant wait for the "huge MAJOR problem discovered! How it is a problem and how you're wrong"

Thats the future, more stupid posts like this. Take a break if you want to, no one stops or encourages you. So why even do this? Raising awareness to a non-issue? Griefers arent an issue if you can grief them back. Clearly you dont have the capabilities to do that so honestly please stop filling forums with this nonsense.

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#13 2018-12-08 07:46:54

lionon

A griefer complains about hate about griefers and not "taking a blanced approach", while hate is what griefers are all about. What a surprise.

#14 2018-12-08 08:07:55

Tramax

Azrael wrote:

Why even post this. I swear everday its something new and everyday it gets worse.

You seem to operate on the philolosophy of "If you're not saying something quality keep your mouth shut." given that this isn't the first time you've done this rant. And you're entitled to that.

But perhaps your blood pressure would drop a bit if you adopted "If you can't think of anything nice to say, say noting at all." instead. That way you wouldn't get so riled up when someone posted about something you don't care about. I'm sure lionon didn't think that this thread is pointless - and the metric for measuring that is completely subjective so just calm down and filter this kind of stuff out instead.

Last edited by Tramax (2018-12-08 08:09:45)

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#15 2018-12-08 13:22:45

Azrael

lionon wrote:

A griefer complains about hate about griefers and not "taking a blanced approach", while hate is what griefers are all about. What a surprise.

Thats irrelevant dont fit me into your narrative this isnt at all about defending griefers, you've made posts before about things that arent important and now youre saying that I'm only doing this because i grief now and then?

Ridiculous.

Board footer