One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-07 17:40:07

lionon

Cannot kill constantly moving killers . . .

Seriously okay I'm terrible in PvP and always was and was never interested much in it anyway.

But so we got a griefer-killer, I got a knife, and for the hell I couldn't kill him, because he moved all the time even him being in 25% slowmo mode and constantly dropped the knife trying to right click where he stands.

Sorry, but either I'm totally dofus or this needs fixing.

#2 2018-12-07 17:59:12

Floofy

Re: Cannot kill constantly moving killers . . .

That happened to me once. I was a griefer and killed some old guy. He ran to the nursery, got fixed up, and ran after me. But then, i was dancing between 2 tiles and he couldn't kill me. Eventually he gave his knife to another person and that other person managed to kill me. I think that if the griefer dance perfectly, you simply can't kill him, you need him to make a mistake.

#3 2018-12-07 18:01:13

MultiLife

You gotta click on the tile he is moving to. You will drop your knife a lot but that's how to get them.

Signed, someone who has successfully killed every guy they've tried to.
Thanks to pein though, I read his "How to kill" tutorial.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-07 18:01:50)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-07 20:46:37

TheoneKooZ

Keep in mind there are some "laggers" out there I never miss a knife kill on a slowed person but it somehow happened yesterday. Once he was done with the slow mo he teleported several tiles further so I knew it was a lag issue. Just had to chase him afterward with my full belly as adult while his little small child's belly would run out eventually and I could stab him even though he kept moving around. That's the most efficient way to kill, wait for them to try to do an action (good clothing helps hunting them too).

#5 2018-12-07 22:03:24

Tarr
Banned

TheoneKooZ wrote:

Keep in mind there are some "laggers" out there I never miss a knife kill on a slowed person but it somehow happened yesterday. Once he was done with the slow mo he teleported several tiles further so I knew it was a lag issue. Just had to chase him afterward with my full belly as adult while his little small child's belly would run out eventually and I could stab him even though he kept moving around. That's the most efficient way to kill, wait for them to try to do an action (good clothing helps hunting them too).

Basically this. If you see someone who is a griefer make sure you are yum chaining (if possible) and stay full. Clothes do a great bit of work to heading off hunger (there's a thread if you don't know what clothes you can easily make). Your best bet is either to try to outlast the griefer (if new) by staying more full or learning how to pvp (peins guide on how to kill is a great example)

Players eventually have to learn how to defend themselves. Any personal attempts I've made at teaching pvp just lead to angry players. People who are flying across the screen are obviously the hardest people to kill but just like yourself they need to eat too. Stay vigilant and eventually any player can learn to pvp with the best of us.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer