One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 21:19:35

Floofy

Griefer's killer being cursed

90% of my games i'm actually a try hard that does his best to help the town, but occasionally, after dying of old age as an eve, and having to wait 90 mins to help my town, i sometimes like to troll a bit, to hopefully send more people to help my own town. Yesterday i tryed a new strategy... I was the smith, and was actually being a really efficient smith, but... i kept pretending we needed more Knives. So i made knives, after knives, after knives. After like 5 knives, someone came and said enough knives, we need an hoe. And that person kinda forced my hand and made an hoe. Atfer that he left, and i resumed to producing Knives. Then i would literally drop those knives randomly in the town, hoping someone starts griefing for me.

Finally, one mother actually killed a kid. We killed her back, to avenge the kid. A bit later, when i made like my 7th knife, one lady had enough. she took the knife and killed me, saying i was a griefer by making only knives. Then i cursed her, and ran around the town screaming she is a murderer. A bunch of people cursed her and she got killed lol

All of this being said, this civ lived on for like 15 more gens, and that little griefing didn't do much.

#2 2018-12-06 21:22:28

MultiLife

Re: Griefer's killer being cursed

Dishonorable. I may think twice about helping the Honor family now.

I hate how difficult getting iron is, so wasting it on knives just saddens me. Poor iron runners, you guys don't deserve your iron being wasted like this.
Oh well.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-12-06 21:41:38

Floofy

MultiLife wrote:

Dishonorable. I may think twice about helping the Honor family now.

I hate how difficult getting iron is, so wasting it on knives just saddens me. Poor iron runners, you guys don't deserve your iron being wasted like this.
Oh well.

lol my apologies, i do admit that wasn't nice. I actually very rarely grief, i usually try my best to help the towns.
And you are right, especially since our iron runner was pretty good.

Well at least pretty sure that town never ran out of knives smile

#4 2018-12-06 22:03:01

CrazyEddie

This was shitty. Don't do this.

#5 2018-12-07 13:44:41

Tarr
Banned

Floofy wrote:

, i sometimes like to troll a bit, to hopefully send more people to help my own town.

Yikes, at least I know another Eves line to not live in. The fact you trolled in hopes of sending people to help your lineage is incredibly selfish followed by you having people curse the person putting a stop to your trolling.

No one likes a griefer and the only thing worse than a griefer is someone coming to post about it on the forums.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2018-12-07 14:24:23

lionon

Sabotaging other lineages while playing as a child of these to help "your" lineage is just terrible and a way to break the game completely as it is, should this become a trend.

#7 2018-12-07 14:48:25

Floofy

lionon wrote:

Sabotaging other lineages while playing as a child of these to help "your" lineage is just terrible and a way to break the game completely as it is, should this become a trend.

I also realized that when you "murder" or get "murderered", it seems like that time doesn't count toward clearing your 90 minute lineage ban, so apparently not only was it shitty of me to do it, but it was counter intuitive. Btw i'd like to clarify i'm not a constant griefer, i rarely do that. From what i understood, its an "intended" part of the game by the devs that's why i did it.

Last edited by Floofy (2018-12-07 14:49:03)

#8 2018-12-07 14:53:30

Booklat1

Making a bunch of knives sucks but at least it's fun griefing. Getting others cursed is just a dick move though.

#9 2018-12-07 14:55:55

lionon

The issue is, community has to learn a bit, people are cursing to fast when they see a murder without knowing whats happening and cursing to few people who are deliberately griefing by intentional other disruptive behavior (like you massproducing knifes and hoping for the drama to unfold)

And honestly the griefers in the game already taught me to have very low tolerance. Too much already seen this "innocent" act. "What sir? Sry didn't know one isn't supposed to shear the last sheep". Only to see them do it in 2 minutes again and then again. Or like clearing deserving their knifing and then run around "curse XY he is a killer!!!".

#10 2018-12-07 15:10:08

Floofy

lionon wrote:

The issue is, community has to learn a bit, people are cursing to fast when they see a murder without knowing whats happening and cursing to few people who are deliberately griefing by intentional other disruptive behavior (like you massproducing knifes and hoping for the drama to unfold)

And honestly the griefers in the game already taught me to have very low tolerance. Too much already seen this "innocent" act. "What sir? Sry didn't know one isn't supposed to shear the last sheep". Only to see them do it in 2 minutes again and then again. Or like clearing deserving their knifing and then run around "curse XY he is a killer!!!".

The thing is, even BAD griefers who simply take a knife, and kill a random person in front of everyone, when YOU kill them back, its not rare for at least one person to curse you because they didn't see what happened. At least half the player base can't see the banana right next to them and die of hunger, so asking them to keep track of who did what is a lot to ask. So when you are a less obvious griefer, its very hard to convince people of it.

#11 2018-12-07 15:20:08

Tarr
Banned

lionon wrote:

This is pretty much why older players are so stabby imo. Griefers always pretend to be new people and at the very least stabbing someone gives you 40 seconds to explain what they're doing wrong and how to fix it without them running off.

I've explained to people countless times why not to do x,y,z without stabbing and you know what happens? They keep running around doing it.

I really don't want to be a dick to new players and have to go about stabbing them but griefers pretending to be new end up making it where it's not worth the risk.

I'd just recommend killing yourself if you get OP's surname. It's not worth playing with trolls and certainly not worth passing down their lines.

fug it’s Tarr.

#12 2018-12-07 15:44:30

lionon

I agree, albeit not an old player. I was about to blame this game to sometimes bring out the worst of me but then remembered, it's massive-multiplayer-online-gaming generally. Meaning there is no shortage of "others" and thus I consider to have little endurance to work out sh***. Especially as some people will just blandly lie. I just remembered the WoW times when I developed my "one strike out" policy. Make a negative impression even once and they are on my permanent ignore and never to raid with them again list, had even a mod to track it. I can't remember the details, but one was for example leaving anytime before the raid was over and I didn't care how good the excuse was.

PS: the sad thing, in "real life" i'm totally not that kind of person...

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-07 15:48:19)

#13 2018-12-07 16:28:39

Floofy

Tarr wrote:

I'd just recommend killing yourself if you get OP's surname. It's not worth playing with trolls and certainly not worth passing down their lines.

Tbh just to clarify, i am not someone that is trolling every games. I did it maybe 2-3 times out of 200+ hours of play. I didn't realize it was such a bad thing since it seems to be intended by the dev (donkey town, etc).
The intent of this post wasn't to get everyone to hate me, its more to raise awareness that hey, don't always insta curse a murderer, listen to his story, because sometimes he has a good reason.

#14 2018-12-07 17:49:19

ruanna

Griefers are not intended to be part of the game. They are an unavoidable part of any game. That is what Jason meant.

You have to accept and deal with it, but that doesn't mean you should go into any game thinking you should be a griefer. By its name you should understand that you are causing GRIEF to other players. You are creating enjoyment for yourself by making other people unhappy.

#15 2018-12-07 20:40:39

TheoneKooZ

Hey y'all I'm the griefer-killer. I was the lady who killed him and I knew it from the start pretty much that he was trying to grief town but there was so little I could do to go against it. At first I tried to take over the smith by force making tools but I could tell he was determined to make more knives since he made a second hammer as soon as I took it away for a minute. (didn't take file because that would have been easy grief call against me) After the third knife he made and laying on the ground around the town I knew something had to be done at some point but the town was in dire need of farming so I had to focus on that for a little bit. I also took all the knives laying around and put em into a box closed just to see him grab em and lay on ground again. Then the murder happened and I was done with it. I grabbed one of the knives and starred at the forge for a minute. As soon as I saw him make another blade blank I looked at him said "okay" then stabbed him. Then was standing still explaining that he made like 10 knives to grief town but a lady jumped on the avenge train and stabbed me immediately. Stood still continuing to explain and whishing them luck. I got cursed few times? idk. It didn't matter because I did good and I barely ever get cursed so I didn't and wouldn't end up in donkey town. After reading this though, killers are fine it spices things up but low profile griefers that I spot everyday are the worst, especially after reading his motives.

On a side note, be careful "avengers" too many griefer-killers are killed on the spot. Most of those are usually standing still ready to explain their motives while murderers will try to go into hiding or avoid getting killed. Also, keep in mind that you have a quite a bit of time to kill them before they can do anything again.

First eve from the triple bell town on server 2. Stay sharp my children.

Last edited by TheoneKooZ (2018-12-07 20:40:57)

#16 2018-12-07 21:36:26

Floofy

TheoneKooZ wrote:

Hey y'all I'm the griefer-killer. I was the lady who killed him and I knew it from the start pretty much that he was trying to grief town but there was so little I could do to go against it. At first I tried to take over the smith by force making tools but I could tell he was determined to make more knives since he made a second hammer as soon as I took it away for a minute.

I do remember a lady stealing the hammer from me, and me having to make one more lol

TheoneKooZ wrote:

I also took all the knives laying around and put em into a box closed just to see him grab em and lay on ground again.

I also do remember that. I wanted to create more temptations of someone else griefing. I didn't realize why all those knives kept disapearing tongue

TheoneKooZ wrote:

Then the murder happened and I was done with it. I grabbed one of the knives and starred at the forge for a minute. As soon as I saw him make another blade blank I looked at him said "okay" then stabbed him. Then was standing still explaining that he made like 10 knives to grief town but a lady jumped on the avenge train and stabbed me immediately. Stood still continuing to explain and whishing them luck. I got cursed few times? idk. It didn't matter because I did good and I barely ever get cursed so I didn't and wouldn't end up in donkey town. After reading this though, killers are fine it spices things up but low profile griefers that I spot everyday are the worst, especially after reading his motives.

yea i do admit it absolutely wasn't a good thing to do. And kudos to you for being the only player with a brain. Nobody else ever suspected i was griefing other than you.

Anyways my apologies to you, and hopefully all this hate they gave me make you feel a bit better smile

Last edited by Floofy (2018-12-07 21:37:20)

#17 2018-12-07 21:45:36

MultiLife

TheoneKooZ wrote:

Hey y'all I'm the griefer-killer. I was the lady who killed him and I knew it from the start pretty much that he was trying to grief town but there was so little I could do to go against it. At first I tried to take over the smith by force making tools but I could tell he was determined to make more knives since he made a second hammer as soon as I took it away for a minute. (didn't take file because that would have been easy grief call against me) After the third knife he made and laying on the ground around the town I knew something had to be done at some point but the town was in dire need of farming so I had to focus on that for a little bit. I also took all the knives laying around and put em into a box closed just to see him grab em and lay on ground again. Then the murder happened and I was done with it. I grabbed one of the knives and starred at the forge for a minute. As soon as I saw him make another blade blank I looked at him said "okay" then stabbed him. Then was standing still explaining that he made like 10 knives to grief town but a lady jumped on the avenge train and stabbed me immediately. Stood still continuing to explain and whishing them luck. I got cursed few times? idk. It didn't matter because I did good and I barely ever get cursed so I didn't and wouldn't end up in donkey town. After reading this though, killers are fine it spices things up but low profile griefers that I spot everyday are the worst, especially after reading his motives.

On a side note, be careful "avengers" too many griefer-killers are killed on the spot. Most of those are usually standing still ready to explain their motives while murderers will try to go into hiding or avoid getting killed. Also, keep in mind that you have a quite a bit of time to kill them before they can do anything again.

Yeah, hound on hound (good guard on good guard) and sheep on hound (villager on good guard) violence is rather common, especially when new players start getting knives. Hastiness takes over as people panic over bloody knives. Sometimes I've just stood with a needle and thread in my hand, watching two bleeding people bicker over who was the bad guy, and letting both die because one of them is truly the bad guy anyways. Sometimes after losing a hound, the only wolf (bad guy) is lost too, and the problem solves itself like that. Sad, ofc I wouldn't want to lay injustice upon a hound at any time, but I wouldn't risk healing a wolf if I don't know who is who. I do always thank the hounds for their sacrifice in my head, whoever they might've been.

Happy you could end his griefing, sad how it took time from your game. Have fun in your next life. smile

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

Board footer