One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 16:02:37

MultiLife

Weed and Summer family - One Pond Town and the Paradise (screenshots!)

Maybe you were born to the Weed or Summer family today, maybe you saw the "One Pond Town".

VXBld7Q.png

I was born there as Honey Weed, in the midst of multiple women and girls. I quickly saw the issues the town had. One pond. Low wild soil. Mosquito swarms... How was this place alive?
I was just another girl, hanging onto berries that kept running out. This place doesn't need my hungry mouth to feed, I'll go, I'll find someplace better and maybe connect my town later. I set off to North, making a basket on my way, I'm already 13 years old. I run and run and run, sometimes glancing at the town population numbers at home, just in case they die out, I could return.
I scouted a circle, going counter-clockwise from North. I was disappointed with the dry swamps, the large fields of snow, the snake-infested deserts, the jungles with no bananas but loads of mosquitos.

I'm pushing thirty now, how can this circle be so filled with useless biomes with nothing good to offer? I arrive at the southeastern part of my circle far from my home town. I still have my marker for home.
Oh, look at that, sixteen soil pits, five ponds, snakeless desert, strings of cacti, swamp with no boars, iron in badlands... This is it. This is so worth it all.
I set up my camp, happily putting together things with ease, everything is close by. I enjoy the warmth of the desert, waiting for children.

4vlypjW.png

"I want to show you this amazing place! C'mon!"

lasu9Ia.png

Sigh, no then. I get it, I found this place too late.

I start my trek back to my old home, my family is still alive. I start dropping down branches, piling rocks and leaving food as landmarks so I could maybe find my camp again. Maybe I have time to bring a girl here after all.
Goodness, "I didn't know I was this far", I thought, as I still couldn't see marks of home, dropping down more rock piles to mark my path.
Ah, fruiting cacti! Items on ground! Home is right outside my screen. I'm 58 now.
Ouch, mosquito! Darnit! I'm left with two squares of energy as I emerge from the swamp trees, seeing a man nearby. I run to him, Pailynn Weed, my little brother? I spout out my last words like a deranged woman with yellow fever; "I set up a garden of Eden.." as I die at his feet.
Well, that's that, Honey Weed's life. I detach, I dive back in.

Man Summer is my name now.
Wait, that's the one pond, this is Weeds' town? I watch in horror to see the state of the place, wondering if my mother has enough to eat and feed me as she struggles to tend the berries. It looks bad, I worry I'll never grow up, I just want to find my camp again. My paradise, my garden of Eden.
Mom catches yellow fever. I catch yellow fever. My brother catches yellow fever. She pleads a young blonde girl to help her babies, and she swiftly feeds us all, saving us. Thank you, whoever you were. I survived. Thank you mom, too.

I find Pailynn, he is about to die. He greets me back, I tell him I'm the lady from the forest, hoping he recognizes me. But, his time is now, he drops his items in silence, dressing me with his backpack. I gather his items, even put his turkey on my head. I received a knife with the backpack, but I couldn't help slaughtering sheep as I was just a kid.

As I wait to be old enough to leave the knife behind, I go greet my old bones; Honey Weed's bones. Hi bones. You were so close to home.

TfAAg9u.png

Okay, this place is still bad, we are going to die here. I want to get out, but I want to save someone, I want to bring them with me. I ask around but the girls are quiet, a lady hears me babble about my camp, but doesn't seem interested in coming with me.
My little baby sister, red haired Val, runs into the camp, I try to feed her but a lady manages to grab her first, thankfully. I stay with her at the bonfire, telling her about my camp. She agrees to come with me. I give her my backpack I got from Pailynn as her survival matters more. We grab pies and set off.
I notice our uncle after us, Zach Summer. I'm happy we have him with us.

I had set down landmarks, a thin string of items touched by my hands, Honey Weed's hands, they would lead us to my camp.

GPGu5bd.png
XSjv0wl.png

Oh man did we run. Zach asked us "where are we going?" which made me smile; he didn't even know, but came with us? We paused to eat and I told him our destination. Then we ran, again.
Uh oh, where is the next landmark? I can't see it? I briefly panic, my two loyal followers jogging along behind me. I trustfully continue southeast, until I see another landmark left by me. Phew. "We are close", or at least that's what I thought many times, but then, finally...

We made it!

iQz6Gxv.png

"My feet hurt", said Zach. I was ecstatic we had arrived!
We started off where Honey Weed had left at and evolved the camp, the three of us. Zach disappeared to hunt rabbits. It was funny seeing him come back to the camp, yelling cautiously a "hello?" when I was a bit further away with Val. He hoarded us iron and rabbits. What a blessing to have him, you da man.
Joyfully, I put together the berry farm, made some stone tools, made pottery. I was so happy, it was such an amazing thing to experience, getting people here with me and live happily.

One fateful day Zach ran to the camp with yellow fever. I stuff a banana in his face, going "Jebus", thinking he nearly died there. Then I notice a snake bite on him. Confused, I watch him overcome yellow fever, asking "Are you--??" dying? Okay? Only to see him succumb to the snake bite. He left us with the information where rabbits were, south.

I worried that the only danger, a swarm of mosquitos lost on the desert batch, would kill off Val, but she was quite capable and kept herself safe. She birthed three sons, but they dropped dead to different causes. One of them, seemingly the most capable one, didn't say F in time when he caught yellow fever, I was ready to feed him. Sorry pal.
Val got a daughter. I saw her walk in our tiny berry field, but a bit further lied Val's 31-year-old body's bones. Shocked, I informed the girl that she is the last one alive with me. I then learn that she is a complete new soul, and I can't help but let my worry grow. I show her foods, I make sure she has a backpack, and a home marker. As she makes the home marker, I grab some food and I'm just about to feed her (just in case you know!) but... she starves then and there. This was it. This is how my paradise dies.

jQrNla0.png

I wonder if I'd have enough time to lead a new group here from the doomed One Pond Town far northwest. Agh, to heck with it. I'll just... stay here. I'll make some road... I couldn't lead new people here anyways... Too old, too late.

soYze8C.png

I can only wish someone finds it, but well. It gave me joy and joyful experiences. It's a zillion times better place than the One Pond Town.
If you end up in One Pond Town, maybe as a Weed or a Summer, perhaps take on the challenge and ride southeast to find my paradise? It's far, but you may see my landmarks, my stone piles, my stacks, my branches, my bananas, and ultimately, my road to the garden of Eden.

Honey Weed: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2266109
Man Summer: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2266756

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-06 16:35:01)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-12-06 20:26:35

Floofy

Re: Weed and Summer family - One Pond Town and the Paradise (screenshots!)

How did you respawn in your old town???

#3 2018-12-06 21:07:06

MultiLife

Floofy wrote:

How did you respawn in your old town???

We had two lineages; Weed and Summer, two different Eves.
First time I was born to Weed lineage, and during that time, Eve Summer had spawned into the town. Her lineage was taking over after Honey Weed died, so I got born to her lineage, as Weeds were dying out. I was lineage banned from Weeds due to the Old Age death, but not from Summer family. smile

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-06 23:46:57

karltown_veteran

Honey Weed is a wonderful name
I'm totally stealing it

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2018-12-06 23:52:23

ClownBaby

As far as I can tell, I was the last person left in the one pond town (Apollo Summer).  I foraged like 20 iron and finished the pump right before I died, too bad the town failed due to no water.

#6 2018-12-07 15:59:19

MultiLife

karltown_veteran wrote:

Honey Weed is a wonderful name
I'm totally stealing it

To me it sounds like some herb from a fantasy game. big_smile It's sweet! But a hybrid name of these two is something else, Man Weed. :'D

ClownBaby wrote:

As far as I can tell, I was the last person left in the one pond town (Apollo Summer).  I foraged like 20 iron and finished the pump right before I died, too bad the town failed due to no water.

Oh! You were my cousin. big_smile Yeah, there were at least two more ponds a walk away, but it seemed that nobody wanted to make buckets and go fill them up there. Some crazy people still tried to run the distance with their water bowls, I just pitied their poor hearts. It's not worth it, just make a road or get the bucket, or move, like I did. smile That place was so dry, and filled with mosquitos.
Thank you for your work though, it's still a wonder how the town kept itself going through the Weeds and the Summers. There must've been a string of players like you who kept it up. smile

Sad how the Summer family ended to Gen 4, my little paradise is probably slowly being eaten away by the ruthless code of the game. I wouldn't mind if we could get some more ponds in the game to up the chances of finding okay spots to camp on, these gems of locations are crazy rare.

Board footer