One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-03 20:14:29

Gederian

Born As Twins Without A Code

Would be awesome if I could just say "I want to be born as a twin" and/or if it could just happen randomly by chance.

#2 2018-12-03 22:38:44

WomanWizard

Re: Born As Twins Without A Code

It actually can happen randomly by chance. Or at least, that was the case before playing with friends was implemented, and I don't believe that it was ever removed.

If you are ever born to a mother at more or less the same time as another player, check to see if they are your "twin" brother or sister. I've had it happen a couple of times.

#3 2018-12-05 01:03:25

Ellesanna

Yeah I've had a twin before without selecting to be a twin. Though, she was a year younger than me and the game still said she was my 'twin sister.' It was weird.

#4 2018-12-06 08:02:10

alphabetter

i had a twin sister today, despite being a boy! she was actually about a year and a half younger than me, but she was my twin all the same according to the game. ive had it happen before too, and got screenshots the first time, if youd like to see!

i used to name my kids alphabetically. now i just... dont play anymore.

#5 2018-12-06 18:21:20

Gederian

alphabetter wrote:

i had a twin sister today, despite being a boy! she was actually about a year and a half younger than me, but she was my twin all the same according to the game. ive had it happen before too, and got screenshots the first time, if youd like to see!

Any idea if it's intentional or a bug? Even if it's that's how it works I think it would still be great to choose to be born as a twin with a random player. Maybe it even only takes one to ask for it and you are then born with the next person.

#6 2018-12-06 19:31:01

Tarr
Banned

Gederian wrote:
alphabetter wrote:

Any idea if it's intentional or a bug? Even if it's that's how it works I think it would still be great to choose to be born as a twin with a random player. Maybe it even only takes one to ask for it and you are then born with the next person.

Pretty sure it's intentional, basically whenever two players are born within quick succession to the same mother they'll be considered twins. I know Obs posted somewhere on the forums the exact time frame for two players to be considered twins but I'm being lazy atm tongue

It's less a choice to be a random twin as it's mostly a bunch of luck for two players to be born to the same mother in such a short window.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer