One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-03 18:28:50

The_Anabaptist

More Natural Fibers?

Will we see the inclusion of more natural fibers such as cotton, flax (linen), jute, or even silk in a future update?  The current options for clothing seem rather limited.  Most of the time I'm feeding sheep / composting, not for the community food needs, but for the fleeces.  The addition of more natural fibers would also lend to the addition of new devices like spinning wheels and looms.  This would fit nicely between neolithic and industrial in the tech tree.  It could then be developed further with the advent of water wheels or windmills once in the industrial age.  I don't post to Reddit myself, so someone feel free to borrow these ideas and submit it to the proper forum there.

The_Anabaptist

#2 2018-12-03 19:16:53

BlueDiamondAvatar

Re: More Natural Fibers?

I agree with you, and ported your suggestion over to the reddit suggestions folder. 

I think Jason is highly likely to do some of this, because it does make the looms and spinning wheels more useful, but it's always good to communicate our player priorities, right?

--Blue Diamond

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#3 2018-12-03 19:29:41

Booklat1

Clothing need rebalancing IMO. Low tech clothing like skirts, skins and straw hat don't decay while the heavier stuff do.

#4 2018-12-04 00:54:05

Nopik

Nononono, ssshhh!!!

Don’t remind him!!

Jason is more likely to rebalance by making early clothes decay than by making new stuff that lasts longer. He has said many times that his goal with the game is to gradually make it harder. As a player who thinks the game is plenty hard, the last thing I want is for a forum post to remind him of a loophole he meant to close months ago.

#5 2018-12-04 01:14:37

Lily

I think we will eventually see that stuff. Honestly, Jason seems to add things haphazardly as far as technology and stuff go, so who knows when that might be.

Board footer