One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-03 12:09:47

lionon

(potential) Megathread: Recap Your Last Life

This is an idea to try to start one big thread about people retelling their last life. People made their own topics about very interesting, standout lives, which is fair and I won't suggest them not to do, but this is to have also a place retell just about an average joe life, which wouldn't necessarily warrent it's own topic.

#2 2018-12-03 12:10:52

lionon

Re: (potential) Megathread: Recap Your Last Life

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2204794

I'll start with Teddy Lucky. My mother named me, but immeditaly left. At 3 points of food I started to worry and 'F' around. But only grown up dudes around. Some nice girl came and fed me a berry and told me to follow her to her mum. That mum was nice to bring me up to childhood. Albeit she stood in the cold, repeatedly picked me up and dropped down for no reason and munched berries like crazy (sigh, I don't know if I should be thankfull for letting me life, but snuggish for wasting village food like crazy).

After the usual playing around as a child (running around) to see what ressources the village has and what state it is in, I decided I need a backpack. I "borrowed" a rope lieing around, a pie and really just borrowed a basket. Made a home marker and off I went into the east of the wild. Two trips forth and back, had the skins ran another time into the wild to get a thread. Looking around for a needle, I found a "thread & needle". Oh well, dropped the thread and made the backpack! Tada. Only a short while later a little kid asked me. "Hey pal, can I have the backpack?" *Sigh*, what the eve. Nope! I just made it with lots of effort.

Then I noticed there were no more pies and I decided to bake for a while. Especially getting rid of all the skinned rabbits that were piling up. Baking went fine for a decade, others helped me. At some point I noticed someone made bread doughs and no knife around to carve it. It never hurts to have a knife also (see town security). So I decided to smith one. No iron in town? No problem, another expedition. Also some kiddo asked where there would snares. (See thats the way). I made a trip to show him my rabbit place. Bringing back a basket from some swamp and a backpack and basket full of iron (oh and a seal skin coat from a poor seal that crossed my way). The smithy had only 2 flat rocks instead of the third flat rock and while I was preparing some dude came and took one for eggs. *Sigh*. I told him he shouldn't take flat rocks from the smithy and only got the snubbish answer "child dude". *sigh*. And they were making the eggs right next to a cementary where some waster made gravestones! Okay just took two graves and restocked the smithy. Made the knife, made some bread, reduced the pen flock a little.

And I was reaching already close to 50. Not much more time for another bigger project. I ran off to get milkweed for a rope and saw at my rabbit place four rabbit skinds and two shorts and a pile of bones. Sad for that kiddo. Should have skinned the rabbits in town tough. I had just enough time to make a box for the bakery and then as I grew very old gave the knife to someone looking product/busy and the backpack to the next baby I found (there weren't any growns that looked like they needed one).

At very high age I went to the nursery to stand the last minutes warm and say bye. Noticed how 3 mums were there each only taking care of *her* children. I told them, that one should be enough to take care of all the children just to be told in my last breaths, "shut up creep". Well thats a lifes thanks.

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-03 12:58:01)

#3 2018-12-03 12:49:47

thundersen

Paragraphs, dude. wink

I feel for ya though.

In my last life, a girl started to put wooden floors on desert. I explained to her why that was a bad idea, because of overheating. She seemed reasonable about it and asked where else she should put them. I suggested to grow milkweed and make boxes behind the oven instead. Then another girl came and put a second wood floor next to the first. That was the trigger for one of the funniest flashes of herd behavior I've seen in the game so far. The first girl stopped listening to me and just went ahead throwing down her floors like crazy. The second made a "city gate" next to the forge. I legit broke down laughing when a guy appeared and built a double road (two lanes) right in front of the forge. All of that right after the hoe broke, before the pen was completed, and food was running very low. This game sometimes...

I shrugged it off and went to complete the pen, get sheep, grow milkweed, get iron, yaddayadda. The road guy later apologized and I felt bad for making fun of them earlier. I think he got it.

It's a skill to judge which newbie will actually listen to your "words of wisdom", and how to formulate them with such limited text and time - without coming across as a total control freak. smile

#4 2018-12-03 13:00:30

lionon

thundersen wrote:

Paragraphs, dude. wink

Okay edited. Better this way?

It's a skill to judge which newbie will actually listen to your "words of wisdom", and how to formulate them with such limited text and time - without coming across as a total control freak. smile

Yup. The character limit even as a grown up and the fastpacedness before people run of make it difficult for me tough to talk much through the flower in game.

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-03 13:09:27)

#5 2018-12-03 13:36:11

thundersen

lionon wrote:

Okay edited. Better this way?

Splendid!

#6 2018-12-03 17:16:47

mrslax

Last game was running late into the night. I was born into a Belltown. This was like the 10th time I have been in this town and knew how the town worked. Check out the place and 2 out of the 3 berries fields where dying. There was no more compost, all the bowls were filled with stuff that's hard to empty and now there was a bear attacking the town. Well, I know the sound of the tune and did not want to be about of it. so I grab a hose and just dip out. Lost the first kid while traveling and the second kid (being born in the jungle around mosquitoes, well sorry kid) when I was about 1K out from the town I found a road. Just a road going north-south in-between two green bioms. Had a third kid and was well this place is better than nothing. Started securing some food and reeds in the south side. Then I checked out the north and found a dead town. sheep where intact, food was ready. I was like score! move the kids into town and started up the system. put the kids to work and teach them the 3 main jobs. No one knows how to compost and it the most import job.  so though them how to do that and notice that the Newtown well was dry and started to get that going but one of my dumb kid pick the last buck out of the deep well and started to water the berrys. when someone says stop! plz stop. I had to go find more water. found some filled the bucket by a bowl and right before I was able to fill the Newtown well I died at 57. I hope those kids made it.

#7 2018-12-03 22:42:52

happynova

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2200787

I was the daughter of an Eve.  She hadn't gotten very far when I was born.  I was the one who built the kiln and started the berry farm.  My mother died early, but my little brother was very helpful until he died unexpectedly at the age of 15. (Last word: "oop.") 

I had four girls and a boy (not counting the one that suicided or the one that died because she was born right before I got too old to feed her).  I kept them all because there was abundant wild food around -- we were largely surrounded by jungle, and there were crazy amounts of bananas, which my son obligingly ran out and gathered for the camp -- and because you never quite know which ones are going to make it.  Two of them turned out to be very new.  I tried to give them a few very basic pointers (about watching their temperature and such) when I had time, but, unsurprisingly, they died young. 

One of my daughters, Bebe, turned out to be my Eve mother reincarnated, and she's the one who lived to give me grandkids, even though she died much younger than she should have, too.  There was some family strife, though, as I came back into camp once to find my son and my granddaughter -- the only one who survived to adulthood -- having a really heated argument about something.  I'm still not entirely sure what.  I just yelled at them to work together, dammit. 

My son apparently died not long after that.  Final words, "I'm sorry mom."  Aww, son, it's all right.  Really, I shouldn't have named you Murphy if I weren't expecting something to go wrong for you. Apparently what went wrong was a bear, though, so maybe it was foul play.  I don't know.

We were in kind of an odd place, as it turned out, because we found a good amount of iron very easily, but rabbits were hard to find.  I went out with a snare a couple of times looking for them, but must have picked the wrong direction, and finally had to stop because I was getting too old.  Just before I died, my granddaughter told me she would find some so she could make a bellows and start smithing.

Which I'm guessing she did, as that line made it to generation 12.

#8 2018-12-03 23:39:18

Justduh

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2217539

I was born in a jungle, and my mother had me sit there because the temp was good, she then birthed out my sister and told me that we really need an axe, so as I grew hair I set off to do that.

Luckily they already had two steel ingots, one for the hammer, one for the axe head. So I got to work, as I was doing this I sealed the kiln as someone by the name of Zachary was making plates and bowls, and he yelled at me and took the hammer.

Once I finally got the other steel ingot (after accidentally interupting Zacharys things multiple times) he took out his hammer and bashed it until it became a shovel head, we both yelled at eachother for a while and eventually I went back to making the axe.

I found a crucible, forged it, and told Zach that if he messes it up again, we are all dead, thankfully he made it an axe but he was still angry at me.

After a lot of deforestation I saw Zach yelling at my sister because she screwed up something he was doing, I decided that was the last straw, and out of fear he would go on some murder rampage I set off to make a bow and arrow, after hiding from Zach and hoping he doesn't see me, it was complete.

So I went back into town with it and looked for Zach, I found him, I tried to kill him but he got away and ran off, and I quickly made another arrow, and looked for him.

Me and my mom and sister all agreed that he probably went off to make a weapon, but we all also agreed to kill him, so my mom made me another arrow but it wasn't necessary as I had hid behind a tree and alt tabbed out, checked the site and saw that Zach had died, I told everyone the news and we got back to work as usual.

My mother at this point was very, very old to the point where she was about to die, after she died it was just me and my sister. And my sister told me she wanted to get boxes (for some unknown reason) and for that she needed a froe, she didn't know how to smith so I set off to find iron, after finding some I went back and made a froe, but I forgot the mallet, and that needed an adze, and that meant one more iron, as I left I saw she gave birth to a girl.

So I set off but the Problem was there was no iron for miles! I couldn't find any, and by the time I got back my sister was too old to have kids, and she said all hope was lost and that the kid died because she tried to eat raw pies, I asked her if we should just die but she wanted to live till sixty.

because all hope was lost I decided to do one last thing before I died, I got my bow and arrow and told her I was going to kill geese, and as she was talking I shot her and she said "Have fun in real life, satanic piece of shit."

As my life was coming to a close, I spent my last few years burying my mother, and marking it, and I died shortly after.

#9 2018-12-03 23:41:59

Catfive

mrslax wrote:

Last game was running late into the night. I was born into a Belltown. This was like the 10th time I have been in this town and knew how the town worked. Check out the place and 2 out of the 3 berries fields where dying. There was no more compost, all the bowls were filled with stuff that's hard to empty and now there was a bear attacking the town. Well, I know the sound of the tune and did not want to be about of it. so I grab a hose and just dip out. Lost the first kid while traveling and the second kid (being born in the jungle around mosquitoes, well sorry kid) when I was about 1K out from the town I found a road. Just a road going north-south in-between two green bioms. Had a third kid and was well this place is better than nothing. Started securing some food and reeds in the south side. Then I checked out the north and found a dead town. sheep where intact, food was ready. I was like score! move the kids into town and started up the system. put the kids to work and teach them the 3 main jobs. No one knows how to compost and it the most import job.  so though them how to do that and notice that the Newtown well was dry and started to get that going but one of my dumb kid pick the last buck out of the deep well and started to water the berrys. when someone says stop! plz stop. I had to go find more water. found some filled the bucket by a bowl and right before I was able to fill the Newtown well I died at 57. I hope those kids made it.

Why were you trying to put water in the well? Do you mean in a well fitted with pump or just a regular deep well?

#10 2018-12-04 06:09:55

mrslax

Catfive wrote:
mrslax wrote:

Why were you trying to put water in the well? Do you mean in a well fitted with pump or just a regular deep well?

Well pump, and look like they didn't. oh well
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2203181

#11 2018-12-04 09:06:01

lionon

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2215261

This was one of the more strange lives I had recently.

Born as daughter in an average village to one of those newbie moms. She was sweet but standing in the cold, picking me up every second and munching berries like crazy. *sigh*. I told her to stand warm at least and I'm fine without picking me up all the time, but due to the char limit didn't bother to tell about pies vs. berries (and I didn't know yet if there were available). One info at a time isn't bad either.

My childhood consisted as often when I'm not given a backpack making one. There were many rabbits available already, but I had a real issue finding a freaking flint. Well of I went with a basket to gather a thread and a flint, coming back somebody skinned them. Looking around for a needle I noticed someone else doing the same. He probably killed the rabbits so fair enough it was his backpack. Not finding the needle I made one using one of the rabbits, just as the fire went down a guy came and gave a needle. The other made two backpacks and dropped one. Well much I tried to do was futile, but nevertheless I took it.

Getting into adulthood the traveling times are over as female so I looked around what to do and the town was doing surprisingly well. Lots of compost, bakery working good speed, however the whole town as it seemed to be older than I first taught was a huge mess. So I decided to dedicate to clean up. Plates and to the bakery, distribute bowls between bakery, smithy and farm. Put bones and other close to useless stuff a screen or two into the wild  (like pork, bowl of carnage).

By the way this bowls of carnage, when I was young I noticed one women stabbing and cursing a girl for making them. I considered that a little harsh, but usually with stuff I don't witness myself I don't intervene. One other guy told her off as well it being harsh but she said, she is a griefer as she likely just wanted to make a pit bull to kill people... Reviewing my family on that evening from another life in another village I noticed quite some people killed by one, likely the same griefer. So I think she was right after all.

Now comes the interesting/strange part. An older guy (I think my brother but don't remember) and gave me golden leaf crown and my daughter (named "freedom") all blue dyed clothes and told her, she gonna be queen someday. Well as improv goes I decided to just play along with it (but didn't made too much about my life about it, except he was around). But that daughter really got it to her head. Funny how quickly someone gets spoiled.

At first I wondered if it's another player that just plays along with it. But well, things she did for example. Albeit clothed to the max she stood in the desert... yes just standing there. I told her to go cool, as she is clothed up like crazy. I went on cleaning the village and saw her then just standing at the pen eating up the corner bushes. Okay...

Then she asked me "mom, do I get the crown?"

"I only see you eating, make yourself useful first".

Then I saw her grabbing an adze and run off into the woods. WTF? Standing there she kept applying the adze again and again on a tree.

"What are you doing?".

"Making us wood".

"With a hammer?".

"No. this is an axe".

"Doesn't look like it, put it down. Let me see".

She dropped the adze and started running back to the town. I picked it up to bring it back. There she stood next to the berry farm (I believe it was picked) and screamed "Food!" ... ableit the bakery was just next to it and brimming with mutton pie. Before I could do anything she suddenly dropped to starved bones. Well better off that way.

We distributed the blue clothes to children around. And as I didn't see that guy anymore I played along with I gave the crown with a random child. Her mother "this is bs". "I know, its fully useless". "lol".

The brad being dealt with the next thing I did was starting a bell tower in the village center (so many people later pass by and ring it). This is btw. what I generally wonder. This town has been there for a while, somebody did build the pen with bell tower bases, but nobody bothered to put two next to each other...

As this was quickly done and cleaning up the town I ha noticed two lassos around, I decided now that I can move somewhat freely from 40-50 years until to too old to make a riding horse. As getting older I gave on my knife I found previously also while cleaning up), I built a fence, I gathered a horse, I asked the shepherd to kill me sheep to get skin... and then the search for the needle started again. Man! There have to be at least two. Well I spend my last years searching for a needle until I decided to make yet another one but I was already too late.

PS: I even considered cursing that brad as she ran off with the adze... But I didn't want to waste my token on her, while she was annoying as hell, this way she won't get more than 1 curse per hour of game play, thus it wouldn't build up.

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-04 11:33:39)

#12 2018-12-04 09:22:41

Baker

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2223460

I was abandoned by mother, who refused to feed or name me. I was fed by a lady nursing babies but I didn't get my name until I was an adult. I didn't mind since I was a dude anyways, wouldn't be passing on my namelessness. I and a few others worked to relive the compost crisis and save the town from dying off.

Once compost started getting made things started going well. I continued on with my work along with some wheat and carrot farming. My mother refused to acknowledge my existence, She said nothing when I told her I forgave her for abandoning me. I don't blame her as I was born during a baby boom, I shared the nurse's tit with 3 other babies who I never saw again.

I rung the bell for fun and moved on with my life. The town had a room with a bunch of weapons locked away, A man tried to break into it but the walls were ancient. Perhaps one day the key will be found or a new one created. Shame that they had also locked away a couple backpacks.

In my middle age, someone cut all the wheat and I had to recreate the farm. Most of the surrounding savannas where devoid of resources. Unexpectedly I came across an unknown man, A dude from another Land. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2223866

He said that he had come because of the bell, I wonder if I was the one responsible for leading him here. Honestly, I would have much rathered a female so that we could've been multilineage but it was nice meeting him. We had a sudden lag spike (Time Froze), That event killed most of the town. I am glad it did because it solved our overpopulation issue and created a surplus.

Unfortunately one of our girls was a griefer. Thankfully she didn't stab the other girl but instead went for a random boy. My Grandmaison ended up killing her. What a waste of space, I fed him some pie and life went on. Passed my things onto some young men and died.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#13 2018-12-04 10:52:04

MultiLife

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2212731
Death and heart-warming moments ahead.

I was born to a nearly empty, cold town, with just two women left (my mom being the other one). My mom showed me lots of remains around the town, saying there is a killer who killed them. The other lady, just preteen age, held a loaded bow and patrolled, talking about the killer. "I told you he is a killer" she muttered as kids popped in.
With the hassle I was unnamed first, but got named David later so I didn't get the surname. I went off to save the dying farmlands by retrieving soil with a backpack and basket, holding food in my apron. Another boy was working hard with me while the ladies confirmed the killer had died (patrolling lady checked the family tree and told us his name) and continued popping out children.

My mom somehow starved and I heard a murder scream as I was hauling soil with a cart. I came back to see a bleeding toddler girl and the mother, the patrolling girl one, spouting how the girl is evil. The girl ran around, wounded, repeating "F" and the murder mom told me and my little sister to feed her son. Her son sat there, sad faced, as the murder mom died to starvation. I was so confused, I didn't dare to feed the lady even if she did seem like a good guy with all that patrolling and such (she even had told us she chased the killer away). I was unarmed. And I didn't witness any evilness with the toddler girl but they both died anyways.

My little sister got sad faced and started wailing how she doesn't have a family now (as me and the worker boy ran around her busy with work, the baby boy sitting in place, all orphans here now), so I paused to question her, as I worried she would suicide rp herself out with such words (the only girl around). She realized that I am her brother and found a will to live. The freshly orphaned baby boy asked for a name, so I scooped him up, only to realize I didn't have a surname to give to him. He seemed to be fine with that, as my little sister struggled to get a hold of him to name him (too young to lift him). I named the boy Draco (for some reason that's my go-to name when adopting, maybe due to the coolness-value), and my little sister asked if I am his dad now. Draco called me dad and I blushed (you know the face of the blonde guy, looks funny with blush), agreeing that I'd be his dad as the oldest guy in town (I'm not even 20 at this point).

I started leading a busy life as the town rose from the ashes. A small girl, Sydney, waddled around the town, seemingly a bit lost with what to do as I had fixed the berry bushes and all was well. I was making stew, so I watched her go for a moment and asked her to come and make stew with me. She learnt stew as my little sister, her mother, brightened up with the sight as we dropped the crockpot on embers. I burned my hair in the process, leaving me with a bald spot. I cried over my beautiful golden locks, so my little sister went to search for a hat as I guided Sydney through the making of one more stew pot.

I noticed how I couldn't find Draco anymore. I could only wonder where he resided now.
The worker boy appeared in town, now old like me. He had been in the wilderness finding carrot seeds, I hadn't realized he had left. I thanked him for his work as he went to cover the compost cycle.
I smithed some tools, then my little sister requested plates (she would occasionally bake pies). I set off to get clay, fired some plates and then noticed my age creep up on me. My little sister noticed this, worrying over my time ending. I went to grab firewood for the dying fire as my time neared its end. I nearly starved as I dropped in the firewood, managing to get out my last words as I died alone near the bonfire, seeing people talk with each other further away.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-04 15:34:53)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#14 2018-12-04 14:16:44

Alias

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2180717

My second life ever. I was nameless daughter of Saturn, offspring of Greathouse family. It was first day in the game.. My mother had me when she was ready to depart from completely empty settlement. She was the last one and before had a few dead kids. The place had all the tools and all the basics in place. I asked if we could stay and try to rebuild since I was a girl. Saturn agreed. So we got to work. The goal was to build Newcomen Pump, it was first or second day after update.

I never did smithing (second life), but knew the theory. We were one iron short, Saturn went to find it, but no success. Either we missed it or it was a glitch but I think one wrought spawned when i took from the stack. Anyway, we completed it and started the pump! That was just before Saturn died as you can see in here last words.
In meantime i had a few kids, 2 died in my hands, some starved. But finally daughters whose names were supposed to be Steam and Fire and son Smith grew up and took over. They were skilled. They brought everything when I missed adding kindle to smoldering coals by a second and freaked out to restart it.

By the time I passed away the place was thriving again! Everything was in place to develop: food production, compost, pump, sheep, smith. The lineage lasted 14 more generations, despite that Saturn and I were single survivors in consecutive generations. I was truly moved by the end, spreading elderly knowledge like "Keep the pump going", "Water is life", sharing my story
and hearing from granddaughter that she loved it there.

On my second life ever I managed to rekindle lineage, keep town going and build hi-tech that secured town's future. That was a good life and one of the most rewarding and fulfilling moments in my gaming history. Maybe even top 1.

Didn't suspect that game can give you such feels!

Last edited by Alias (2018-12-04 14:18:15)

#15 2018-12-04 19:54:57

lionon

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2233733

Socially this wasn't a very interesting life, because there was very few social interaction, but game mechanically it was.

I was born in a bakery with ancient walls. Nothing unusual so far. After a while I wondered there are no other people. It's my mum, me and this city. She must have found, or her mum (which as eve).

The state of the town made me speculate what happened. There were no baskets and no berry bushes, so it was abandoned for a while, but I found one tattered backpack, so not super long also, it must have been made a few hours ago. But it disintegrated during my lifetime. There was stew, so it was not food shortage by itself. The stew nurtured us and my sister and our kids for a while. There was also grain, so I focused on making bread, luckily I found one knife, since there weren't any ingredients for pie except a few rabbits left in the bakery. The hoe was missing, so I made one. There was only one iron, so it was very inefficient in terms of firewood use, but we had plenty and we needed that hoe.

What I believe happened, a combination of griefer and noobness. The "bakery" had actually a kiln somebody turned into an oven. (I made an actual oven next to it). There were bears in the town. There was plenty of grain, so I suppose they stopped baking.  Many iron tools were missing, so I suppose also the griefer had hidden them somewhere around in the forest as they do. Also no arrows or so, which shouldn't decay.

We had the stew, but we didn't have many of the natural res sources a blank eve approach would have. The banana trees in the east were picked, the grass field to the left were completely empty.

I just saw it went on for two more generation and died. My guess generation 5 again suffering from newbieness. As female I couldn't travel far but I saw still some bananas further in the east (while I was looking for berries to plant), I believe they still could have done it. Also further northwest I did find carrots (to restart the pen, my sis asked me to get food while she got the sheep).

#16 2018-12-04 22:20:28

Catfive

Alias wrote:

My second life ever. I was nameless daughter of Saturn, offspring of Greathouse family. It was first day in the game.. My mother had me when she was ready to depart from completely empty settlement. She was the last one and before had a few dead kids. The place had all the tools and all the basics in place. I asked if we could stay and try to rebuild since I was a girl. Saturn agreed. So we got to work. The goal was to build Newcomen Pump, it was first or second day after update.

I never did smithing (second life), but knew the theory. We were one iron short, Saturn went to find it, but no success. Either we missed it or it was a glitch but I think one wrought spawned when i took from the stack. Anyway, we completed it and started the pump! That was just before Saturn died as you can see in here last words.
In meantime i had a few kids, 2 died in my hands, some starved. But finally daughters whose names were supposed to be Steam and Fire and son Smith grew up and took over. They were skilled. They brought everything when I missed adding kindle to smoldering coals by a second and freaked out to restart it.

By the time I passed away the place was thriving again! Everything was in place to develop: food production, compost, pump, sheep, smith. The lineage lasted 14 more generations, despite that Saturn and I were single survivors in consecutive generations. I was truly moved by the end, spreading elderly knowledge like "Keep the pump going", "Water is life", sharing my story

On my second life ever I managed to rekindle lineage, keep town going and build hi-tech that secured town's future. That was a good life and one of the most rewarding and fulfilling moments in my gaming history. Maybe even top 1.

Weird af isn't it? My main shooter I was second player in its history to claim 100,000 enemy killed (ww2 online) and here I am obsessing over my baby girl that she lives another generation and that compost needs work! Unique game in so many ways.

#17 2018-12-05 01:49:23

The_Anabaptist

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2239546

We were born into cactus nirvana.  Bless my mother's soul for birthing 13 children.  I nearly starved once or twice, but a cactus would then pop for me.  Dedicated my life to building a lovely road from the cactus to the town just south of it.  Near the end of my life I planted a rose bush in town at the one end of my roadway.  A memorial to my little brother Steven and I, Clara, the last survivors of our short lived clan.  We then went into the cactus that had sustained us and passed on together.

I honestly don't know how so many of my children starved so young.  By the time most of them were born, we had so many cactus seeds by the side of the road that everyone could have done next to nothing and still lived to a ripe old age.  Domesticated berry bushes are the devil's work I tell you!  My family planted them and then killed themselves tending them.

#18 2018-12-05 14:37:17

Alias

Catfive wrote:
Alias wrote:

Weird af isn't it? My main shooter I was second player in its history to claim 100,000 enemy killed (ww2 online) and here I am obsessing over my baby girl that she lives another generation and that compost needs work! Unique game in so many ways.

It is! I have almost zero time for games these days (except boardgames wink), but because of this unique experiences the game is worth the money even with handful of lives i spent in it! I even made american style apple pie yesterday first time because those cakes look soooo damn delicious! big_smile

Last edited by Alias (2018-12-05 14:37:39)

#19 2018-12-05 17:15:56

mrslax

I had a twofer last night and it was awesome,

First life was near an eve start, I don't think the eve was very good but my aunt was like my mom for that life. we took a poor start and relay double team it hard, got the farming, smithing, well, and sheep going from scratch. it was a nice game going ham with someone else and everything works out.

The second life well back in the same town a few gen later. IDK what happen but they said we were refugees. was born as a twin and the first thing out of my mouth was "IDK him" mom laughed and name me Loki and him Thor.  The town was mostly intact but needed work. Try to make a newton pump but did not know you can't move a boiler before the age of 14. So I got rope and seeds while I wait till i was old enough to complete the pump.

This life was non-stop it was just one cool thing after another. Got the farm going again, got a new sheep, re-build the compost cycle, more rabbits. The best part was I was teaching people while I go with each new job. I had a spare minute while rabbit hunting and got some turkey hats for myself and the town. when I got older I show people where good resources where like dirt, iron, rabbits...

when I got really old I chilled in the berry farm. Some woman was asking to be stabbed and die.  I needed to hand my pack with a knife to someone so I pick a productive member. Watch him stab this lady that was literally asking to die. IDK but it was some fun drama to watch before I died from old age. while I waited to pass, so many people stop by to thank me for all the help rebuilding the town.

Both lives were very rewarding on there own but having both in the same town was awesome. It was special to the see the town grow from nothing to a fully operating and sustainable town over 2 lifetimes.

#20 2018-12-05 19:56:20

Lum

(Just so you know, we've done this before, it's the thread called Missed Connections.)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#21 2018-12-05 22:41:03

WomanWizard

In my most recent life I was born to an Eve in the middle of a desert. We had a kiln, some pottery waiting to be fired and… no tools. As I grew, explored, and asked around, I soon discovered that there was no green biome close by or big enough to properly start an Eve camp, let alone sustain it as it grew.

Mom was good to us, brought us bananas and kept us fed, but my sisters and I knew we couldn’t stay. I ran off early and found enough milkweed to make the basic tools. When I made it home, they still hadn’t progressed.

I went out again to look for a more sustainable spot. I started giving birth on the way. Two girls. My sisters reincarnated apparently. I was having no luck finding a good spot in that direction and took them back to base. We stood around, trying to decide what to do. My daughters decided it was a lost cause, but I was not willing to give up. I told them I was going north, while they decided to suicide.

I ran for a while, abandoning my first baby on the way. I’ve been trying to be good to my babies and give them a chance lately, but it was not the time for a little boy. He died. Eventually I found a nice jungle at the corner of a swamp and woodland. It was perfect. But I’d been an adult for a while and was worried I would not have another girl this life.
I started setting up camp, and as I did, I gave birth to another boy. Igor. He was wonderful, and helped me set up camp. He was a little pushy about his little brothers, trying to get them to kill themselves so that I could have a girl, but he had good intentions. He was also right. Every boy I had was one baby closer to the end of our little camp.

I stayed well fed in the middle of the jungle, doing my best to serve my role as a baby machine while Igor set the rest of the camp up. I was growing worried. Surely I was going to become too old soon, right?

Then Igor had an idea. He would kill himself, and try to come back as a girl.

It was a worrying idea for a mother who loved all of her sons, but with my biological clock ticking, I didn’t know what else to do. He was bit by mosquitoes at the time anyway, so I let him die.

Immediately after Igor’s death, out popped a little girl! “It worked!” I said.

“Y,” said the baby. Igor was back!

The timing was perfect. I went grey right away, and fed my new son/daughter bananas until she was old enough to feed herself.

Without the stress of popping out babies, I went back to doing more dangerous tasks. I returned to my old home to see if there was anything salvageable. There wasn’t much worth using, just an old hatchet, some baskets, rope, and unfired pottery. We had clay at home, so it wasn’t worth a second trip. But I let my daughter know where it was in case she wanted to see it someday.

I trapped rabbits then wandered around looking for iron. As I worked I grew more and more tired. My back started to hurt, and I knew I couldn’t keep it up. I returned to camp to find my daughter setting up the forge. I helped her as best I could, then I stood back. I was too old. I would die soon, and she had had no babies.

She popped out a little boy just as I was thinking that I would never see a grandchild. What a talkative boy he was! I couldn’t understand half of what he said, but I’m pretty sure he was swearing at some point in his little baby babble.

My daughter and I were both worried. “No idea,” I said to her as she looked at me in confusion. “He’s a weirdo.”

The last thing I heard as I died of old age was the babbling of my offended grandson. “WTF gma?”

It was a good life in the end.

#22 2018-12-05 22:43:13

JonySky
Website

I was Tom Baker, son of Bette Baker and citizen of one of the evolved cities of OHOL, in my first years I was raised by my mother, whom I do not remember much, because when I reached the age of self-defense, I forgot with a crowd of children...
In my first years I decided to meet my city, my neighbors and relatives who would accompany me in my life ...
I spent some time building a backpack with skins that I found
After a while I realized that the city was inevitably dying from overpopulation and food shortages
I have seen it in many of my lives ... people realize that there is no more food when it is too late ...
The bakery was desolate and no one was making alternative foods other than poorly caring berries fields
I noticed that there was a bow and enough arrows to kill a bear ... so I decided to solve the problem of overpopulation in a radical way ... and call my friend "the bear"
he walked around the city leaving a field of bones in his wake ... it was a horrible sight but sometimes it is necessary ... yes, you can curse me for that, but I noticed that people do nothing to avoid disaster until he sees cadaveres on the ground ... when the city was clean of all those that the bear devoured ... kill the bear with several arrows ...
I made a nice rug with that bear ... although people do not believe it, it did a good service that city (the bear and the carpet) XD
one of the corpses of the bear was a woman who had killed all the sheep with a knife that I managed to tear from her cold hands
From that I was the official baker of the city and help restore the sheep
the years passed without any adventure, or anything special until one day I heard the cries of a child not far from the bakery ...
I went to investigate and I noticed that her mother had a stab in her belly and she asked me to take care of her baby at the same time that she bled to my feet "Baker Baker" was her name
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2239630
I took that child and named him Morgan, Morgan Baker like many of the children I have named in other lives ...
I asked who? Who had been the murderer of his mother ... he just put a sad face but did not say any words, the poor boy was in shock, I understood ...
I took care of him and fed him berries and cakes ... very soon I heard another murder just north of the bakery ... I went to see and it was a girl with a bow that had killed a boy .. she It was the murderer: Sammy Baker II.
She was the murderer of little Morgan's mother, my protege ...
Morgan was present again in this murder, he saw the murderer of his mother kill another victim ... as soon as Sammy ran out to flee the scene of the murder, grabbed my knife and key in his icy killer heart in series ... http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2238759
Morgan thanked me for the revenge and continued his life knowing that his mother had had justice and a just revenge

After that life was simple and quiet, and when I was on the bed of my death, Morgan told me he would bury me ... I was too old to talk a lot with him ... and my English level is not Too good, but I hope you had a wonderful life!

MORGAN: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2239630
TOM: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2239014

Last edited by JonySky (2018-12-05 22:46:54)

#23 2018-12-05 23:27:23

Solbusaur

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2236875

Born only a few minutes before a griefer struck. When I grew, I heard screams and wanted to help the victim. Quickly grabbed some food so I wouldn't starve trying to find them. Didn't take long, Howard Radish (The killer) was desperately clawing at a berry on the ground after he realised there was a murder cooldown. I taunted him, he was starving, danced on his body and told everyone to curse him. Ate his berry too, out of spite.

Later, I get my hands on a knife after me and some other lad were forging some various blades (Shears, saws etc). Now I could defend myself. To the east, the wells were being prepared for some upgrades, and I decided to contribute by making cisterns. Went around, got stones, forged plaster and managed to make one (Out of three throughout my whole life).

A few minutes passed and I heard some screaming from the south. Rush to the source, in the sheep pen, Beautiful had stabbed my baby sister. As I arrived, she was trying to shank me too, guess she ALSO wasn't aware of the cooldown (There must've been a lot of first-timers to griefing). It was clear to me at that point she meant it, and it was no mistake. I taunted her too as she couldn't do anything, then stabbed her. Had my first son, Baden. He was fed at least, explained to the citizens it was under control. Baden was named Baden for being bad, telling me to kill one of the citizens right in front of me, like a devil on my shoulder. So he was named bad.

Nothing much happened for the rest of that life, but we did manage to get two more cisterns and the pump done. Good life, thankfully Baden wasn't actually that bad

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#24 2018-12-06 10:18:52

disoculated

My Mama was a kind woman named Violet, who had the uncommon sense to bring me to a warm part of town.  There, in a central hall of sorts with wooden floors and bear skin rugs, she clothed my head, body, and feet, and named me Selene.

Mama didn't ask me if I had many lives before, and her tour of the surroundings was brief.  You might think that was a sign of poverty to come; a life spent from berry to banana to root.  On the contrary I think we were both somewhat  awkwardly embarrassed by the pure undeserved wealth of the town around us.  It was.... huge.  Opulent.  Clean.  Well planned. At least three berry farms.  A bakery surrounded by plaster walls.  Tools and wood and stone and pies and clothing everywhere, plus roads and fences and animals in the pens and even more.  Even a small sign that I guess once had a name of the place on it, but now only had consonants (mostly V's), near the center of things.

Of course there was something missing.  Something wrong.  There always is, right?  There weren't any *people* to share this paradise with.   Aside from Mama, my older brother Thomas, myself, and maybe two or three others, this immense and filthy rich town was empty of people.

Mama told me I could be anything I wanted here, and why not?  You'd have to be downright foolish to starve in a place like this.  More likely, the problem was, there was *nobody* to be anything for.  I think, maybe, in the end that's what caused it.  Maybe that's what made him go bad.  All the things one could ever want and nobody to take and use those things to teach or make things for.

But for me, I made a plan.  A simple plan, for a simple life, one that I thought might just, for once, be full and fun and, well.. easy?  I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd have my own children to care for, and that it wouldn't make too much sense to get too involved in anything complicated yet.  My twenties and thirties would be spent doing the most important work this town needed.... bringing new lives into the community. So the first part of the plan was spending my teens preparing the only hole I saw in this vast town's riches.  The same hole in every rich town's portfolio. I made a milkweed farm so I could have some dang thread and rope by the time my forties came.

As I ran on the edge of town to pick up some milkweed seeds I saw the most amazing thing.  An omen I'm told that shouldn't mean anything any more.  Meaning or not, though, I couldn't help but stop and stare as a horse with a golden crown galloped past the fruiting mango trees.

My first born was SIDS.  I was outside of town, so they couldn't see it.  That's a shame, our hour of life could have been very different for both of us if they had given what I had to offer a chance.  But that's the way things go.

When my next was born, I was ready.  I scooped her up, ran to Mama, and proudly showed my new girl off.  Mama coos and says she's a beauty, and I name the baby Violetta, little Violet, for Mama.  We kept her warm in the bearskin room, clothed her, and then took a whirlwind tour of this crazy town.  Like my mama before, I told her that she could be anything she wanted to here, but also to be good.  Violetta's eyes were filled with wonder at the town, and when her hair came in she took off in delight to play through our streets.

But you know how it goes.  There's not much time before I have a new girl in my arms.  I scoop her and run her over to Mama, but Mama is crying, because something has happened and her brother Johnny has died.  We give Uncle Johnny's clothes to my new baby, who I name Joanie in his honor, and make the best of things.  Again I show her the town and Joanie's eyes go big, seeing all the possibilities of such a lucky, lucky place to be born to.

Then,things get... unlucky.  I have another SIDS.  Why?!?  Who could look at what I am seeing and not want to be here?  I have shoes on, dammit!  If you're my baby, and I have shoes, you know you're probably gonna get shoes, right?  Who doesn't want to at least give that life a try?  I try to not take it personally, but we need people in the town, and it seems like there's me, Mama, my two daughters, my nephew, and my brother Thomas.  Mama is too old for babies now, while my daughters are too young.  Then another SIDS!  What is going on with this town?  With me?  We NEED babies!

Holy crap! Twins!  I ferry them to the bearskin room with Thomas and my nephew, well, crowding.  They're, like going on about how they can apprentice them, offering to feed them, and it's fun and all that but I'm trying to keep track of which is which and it's confusing. They're moving around.  Thomas is, like, naming my children after me, which is awkward, and I miss a step.  He's trying to feed the twins.  I accidentally feed one of the twins 3 times, and the other one not at all.  And then I'm trying to put clothes on one of them and I see the "F" hovering overhead and I can't drop what I'm holding to pick up the baby because we've got too much crap lying around nearby...

A second too slow.  One of the twins, the one Thomas named Selene (III), dies.

I'm distraught.  I wail that I'm the worst mother in the world, and Thomas scoops up my remaining twin and takes her away from me.  My other daughters try to console me, and I eventually work up the courage to go follow Thomas and see him feeding berries to the daughter of mine he named Selene (II).  The conversation is... distant.  I try to make a joke about what he's (not) wearing, since we have lots of clothes around, and it falls flat.  I'm thinking if I should try to grab my daughter and get her away from him, but maybe she will be better off with Thomas.  I'm not doing a good job here lately.  Maybe I should let it go.

Shortly later, my daughters and I gather around Mama, to say our last goodbyes, and to give her pack and clothes to Violetta's first child.  It's sad, but it's right.  I'm thinking that maybe things have been a mess, but I still have Violetta and Joanie, and I see them with their own children, and I'm starting to see more of them, and maybe this town has a chance after all?

The next two children are a disastrous blur.  Thomas steals another daughter that he names Selene from me, and I'm a mess, but I don't know what to do...  The bear-skinned room is filled with bones.  Maybe I am cursed?  This beautiful town and I can't seem to do the most basic thing and keep a child alive long enough to grow hair.  Is it my fault?  Is it Thomas's?  Is it both of ours?  Violetta and Joanie, born before the twins and Thomas's meddling are strong and capable and healthy...  But Leslie is the last, and I am not sure what goes wrong here.  Maybe I was too old?  Maybe she disconnected?  It wasn't SIDS.  I named her.  She spoke once.  I just know I ended up holding bones, and dropped them with a cry.

I warned my daughters, and they saw Thomas come for me.  I tried to ask him why, but he was not interested in any talk except that I take care of my children in my next life. As I bled out, I cursed him, and said that I had tried.  I wanted my last words to be a message of love to my Violetta and Joanie, but I failed there too.

Selene
43 years old
4 hours ago
Killed by Thomas
Final words: "I tried"

I can look at the family tree now and see that my older brother also murdered my nephew Silver, and was in turned killed by my grandson Izaiah. Which does not make me feel much better.  But I think that Joanie's children are still alive as of this moment, and maybe tomorrow my family will still be in that strange and beautiful town.  And that, truly, will be something extraordinary.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2261787

#25 2018-12-11 23:26:43

edgycommunist420

My LAST life involved me dying to a really incompetent mother who had to have people feed her all the time.

Other than that, all I remember is this:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2334756

I was born to a nameless mother who must have been very new, so I was adopted by Basil Tower, my first cousin twice removed. He was wearing a crown, so I assumed he was King, but he kept urging us to protect our true leader: Biel. In a surprise turn of events, Biel killed Basil, so I immediately killed Biel as revenge. With (some of his) last words, Basil urged me to bury him next to his mother behind the stone house, and he gave me the crown, making me Queen. When the murder grave had expired, I fulfilled his wish and made it tradition to bury any Kings or Queens behind the house.

I had gotten into making paper a lot, and wrote down some things, for example: "Welcome to Knifetown -Queen Bruno" (it was called Knifetown because of the fuck tons of knives we had lying around), and I wrote some laws down such as "No stealing without permission" and "Kings and Queens should be buried behind the house. I had quite a few kids, who carried on the family for a while. Eventually, I started getting older. I had killed my Sister who threatened me and other people with a knife. When I began to die, I passed the crown on to my granddaughter, King Tower, and named her Queen.

And yeah, that was the story of Bruno Tower. I wonder if any of my descendants are reading this. If so, I hope you read my notes and continued the burial tradition. I know my Great Great Granddaughter, Blade Tower did. Thanks for that.

Board footer