One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-30 06:25:49

lionon

Issue with permanent young griefers

Issue
So yesterday I realized (story below) that if you keep suiciding under 30 you can get yourself reborn over and over again in the same lineage right away, just /die all other lineages on the server. This is especially useful/misused by griefers, you constantly have a new name, so a lot of "oopsing this was an accident lies" don't add up, and you can even give yourself your equipment to your next childhood, just suicide a little outward and if your are not really unluckly as soon your next life you can grab things, grab something to eat and head out to get your stuff from the previous griefing live.

Also cursing someone to donkeytown doesn't work in practice as long the griefer doesn't go on a murder rampage. Keep sheering the last sheep? Maybe 1 person notices... that person telling others it's also only word against word. Same with keep hiding tools / weapons, cutting down juniper trees etc. All the mean stuff.

Suggestions
If curser and cursed person are from the same lineage, even one curse should include a 90 minute lineage ban even if cursed person dies below 30.

If killer and killed are from the same lineage, also this should result in a 90 lineage ban even if killed person was below 30.

The Story
Yesterday was in old town of server 2. It already exists a few days and was my forth life there, albeit it were also four families that settled there. Well as child I noticed already the farm dieing off, and there were a few "wet compost" piles, but dung missing. So I made a berry/carrot bowl and went to the pen and noticed, some "idiot" had shoren all sheep. Well annoying but just feed the bowl to a shown sheep and get a new one to actually make dung. As I came back again all sheep were shorn. That made me really annoyed screaming "Why shear all last sheep". Some kid (well equiped) said "needed wool" (already the hypocrite griefer as I later found out). Well this is were I decided to investigate, I got a third bowl and since carrots already were all gone I had to go to far prairies to grap a wild carrot. I fed a sheep, grabbed a pie and hid behind the bell tower... Then that kid came obviously noticed me looked interestingly how to walk there and went again. After a few minutes I realized, ok griefer realized I'm guarding this now. So instead of hiding in the pen, I went to a different strategy, walked somewhat outside and zoomed out with that modded client. Lo and behold it wasn't even a full minute again a well equipped kid came and shore that sheep I fed. I cursed him right away. Zooming out in a lively city makes everything hard tough, as the client gets really slow and laggy. Even disconnected. Anyway he got at least one curse and I decided to kill him also. Well as usual with an active griefer no arrows to be found and he must have gotten rid of the free knifes as well. So I went to make an arrow. Remembering from my carrot trip there were also some milkweed got there to make a thread, put down tied skewer in city to attach a head, some other well equipped kid "accidently" took my half made arrow and carried away, again thanks to zoom out I was able to see where they took it and just grabbed it again. At that point I didn't yet realize it was the same player in the next life, I was still focusing on finding the person that I cursed earlier on for griefing. Well while I was making my arrow that kid came with bow&arrow (he got somewhere, albeit I looked everywhere in town) and "accidently" shooted me going hypocrite "oops". Well I called him out that this was certainly no mistake he realized I was investigating and arming so he killed me (and I was over 30 so had a lineage ban). At least some other citizen with a knife stabbed him for it. At least that griefer got rid from his current equipment before likely just kept doing it with his next rebirth...

#2 2018-11-30 06:33:49

D3mon1cblack

Re: Issue with permanent young griefers

lineage ban kicks in after 30 minutes of cesecutive playtime in one family
For example you play for 12 minutes and die because of a bear or wolf
you respawn and after you played another 18 minutes the ban kicks in.
so yea you cant keep suiciding to stay in the same fam

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#3 2018-11-30 06:37:12

lionon

D3mon1cblack wrote:

lineage ban kicks in after 30 minutes of cesecutive playtime in one family
For example you play for 12 minutes and die because of a bear or wolf
you respawn and after you played another 18 minutes the ban kicks in.
so yea you cant keep suiciding to stay in the same fam

Ok, this good news. So that griefer may have had his second life, but at least wouldn't go on forever.

Well since the lineage died out one hour after above incident, he likely killed the town anyway tough...

#4 2018-11-30 06:41:28

tana

good job noticing that, we really have to teach everyone to be vigilent and to try to recognise signs of griefing.

Well at least by killing you, that player at least lineage banned himself and coul't continue to grief that city.
Also the suiciding before 30 won't work forever since the time spend in a lineage is adding up and the lineage ban is triggered by playing minimum 30 minutes. you'll be able to get reborn 10 times if you die at 3, 5 times if you die at 6 and 3 times if you die at 10, then the lineage ban should kick in.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

Board footer