One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-27 21:34:21

Gederian

Can't Walk For The First Year

If babies can't walk until they are one it would make raising kids even more annoying, just like Jason wants.

Maybe that can be a good nerf to letting us put babies in carts/backpacks/tulas.

#2 2018-11-27 21:38:49

Ellesanna

Re: Can't Walk For The First Year

I would be 100% with this if we had slings for mothers to carry babies with while still being able to work. I actually just posted something on the OHOL reddit about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … by_slings/

#3 2018-11-28 01:22:23

Sirryan

Honestly, it would help a little bit with babies moving away from mother upon birth and getting killed accidentally.

Birth. Eat Berries. Bake Mutton Pies. Die. Repeat.

#4 2018-11-28 05:50:49

MultiLife

But then I can't see who's a good baby and goes to a warm tile on their own. sad
Oftentimes I have to follow a hunter mom so it's good I can move with her.
Also sometimes you are born in the wilderness and have to dodge a wild animal.
Also runner babies (they still do it) couldn't run and I want those to run if they don't know about /die command.
Restricting player's movement is a lot when being a baby is so restrictive already.

I rather have something else to make babies challenging, even if static babies would be realistic.
Slings would be great though.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2018-11-28 12:24:11

GiantReaver

Babies cant walk for the first year in OHOL mobile. IS this where the idea comes from? It works well it MOHOL

You know that it's me when I say HAIL AINZ! Look for me in mobile as well! smile

#6 2018-11-28 15:20:53

Dacen

The nerf is ridiculous in comparison with the advantages given by slings or other way to carry babies, i'm not sure it is "just like Jason wants"

Last edited by Dacen (2018-11-29 00:45:46)

#7 2018-11-28 17:50:11

Gederian

GiantReaver wrote:

Babies cant walk for the first year in OHOL mobile. IS this where the idea comes from? It works well it MOHOL

Really? Haven't played mobile yet (hour on my phone sounds stressing). Most suggestions have already been made or implemented in a fork.

Dacen wrote:

i'm not sure it is "just like Jason wants

Jason is on the record in many places saying babies should be a nuisance. He rejected babies in carts for a long time for this reason saying "choose the baby or the cart". The community finally convinced him and he agreed to do it on reddit

Another reason I like this is it would stop suicide babies from running to the nearest bear cave and poking it. Most will just /die than wait.

#8 2018-11-28 18:22:43

Dacen

I don't say babies unable to move for the first year is a bad idea, but to say it will make baby gestion harder is a joke if it come with slings, that's all. The question "should baby gestion be harder" could be discussed, but to me it seems obvious slings are not what jason want, he said it many times he wanted babies to be a full time investment, and that's is exactly the contrary if u can keep doing things while having a baby.
Maybe Jason will concede cause on forums people yell for slings. So to make babies unable to walk first year to make baby gestion greater investment, yes it could be "just like jason want, but why then add strings, who completely break and baby gestion in general and this specific adding ? Baby unable to walk make gestion harder cause you can't just say the baby "follow me" then do your stuff. If you can put him in a sling it just cancel the thing...

Last edited by Dacen (2018-11-29 00:46:12)

#9 2018-11-28 18:31:36

Potjeh

Please don't do this, so many of my best lives started with an Eve that initially abandoned me but broke down and picked me up after I kept following.

#10 2018-11-28 18:39:29

Floofy

Potjeh wrote:

Please don't do this, so many of my best lives started with an Eve that initially abandoned me but broke down and picked me up after I kept following.

This happens to me sometimes... i'm like.. its a male and this isn't a good time for a baby.... and then the baby keeps following and seems like a good player, so i give in lol

Last edited by Floofy (2018-11-28 18:39:47)

#11 2018-11-28 20:13:31

WalrusesConquer

If this happens could we be born AFTER we a loaded in? It's a Shame to die immediately.. Maybe a female is visiblly pregnant until their child loads in?

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#12 2018-11-29 01:36:40

Jadelink

Baby slings and non walking first year babies sounds great.  (And slower in the second to third years, seriously, have you ever had to walk with a two year old?)

#13 2018-11-29 22:07:24

Stormyzabeast

Potjeh wrote:

Yep. It's that kind of stuff that makes this game, and the stories that happen, amazing

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#14 2018-11-30 00:01:34

alphabetter

please, for the love of god, no. I have had kids behind trees, been born behind tress, and had problems with not being unable to pick up babies, and the only way to fix it is to have the baby move/move myself if I'm the infant. this alone would cause waaaay more infant deaths, especially with eves who are trying to find a good spot, and lose their only girl behind a tree.

i used to name my kids alphabetically. now i just... dont play anymore.

Board footer