One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-23 20:11:47

Solbusaur

Recycling Stone Hoes

Pluck the stone from a hoe so it can be placed on another tied shaft. This should help combat some of the iron shortage, so people can still till soil when they're running low on steel, at the cost of durability and time to grow the necessities.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2018-11-23 21:47:58

tana

Re: Recycling Stone Hoes

well stones aren't really the rarest of material, not what I would salvage first from a broken stone hoe... but since it's the shaft that's broken, it would make sense that we could recover the rope.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#3 2018-11-23 23:22:29

PeaGirl

Agree, but at current state of evolution, it would make game bit too easily beatable. Although good idea.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#4 2018-11-24 11:34:07

Reiker

The stone hoe is generally considered the least efficient hoe, even worse than a simple skewer, so some sort of buff isn't unreasonable. Maybe get back the sharp stone + a damaged rope, and adding a thread to the damaged rope would make it a good rope again.

#5 2018-11-24 11:53:01

lionon

Reiker wrote:

Maybe get back the sharp stone + a damaged rope, and adding a thread to the damaged rope would make it a good rope again.

I actually like this idea of the (half) damaged rope..

Or simply a recipe, damaged hoe + thread = good hoe

Last edited by lionon (2018-11-24 11:56:19)

#6 2018-11-24 12:05:40

Rebel

They are shit for a reason. making them less shit takes power away from the steel hoe.

If you really want to waste time and effort, just grow 4 milkweed everytime you make a stone hoe so at least you replace the rope, and stone and branches are common, this being said, the branch is worth more on a steel hoe then a stone one.

#7 2018-11-24 17:01:25

Tarr
Banned

The problem with recyclable stone hoes is that you would stop using steel because if any part of the stone hoe is recyclable they become completely renewable (or close to.)

Is the stone head recyclable? You can produce infinite stone hoes. Use some charges to plant more trees, some charges to regrow the rope, the rest of the charges for your normal work.

Is the rope recyclable? You can produce near infinite stone hoes. Use some charges for trees, use the rest for normal work and have someone take a cart to find random round stones. There are enough round stones just laying around to keep you floating in stone hoes for a long time.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2018-11-24 20:04:05

Solbusaur

Perhaps there are enough stones around, I figured it would help deal with the iron shortage so iron can be used for more vital tools like axes and shovels. As for the rope thing, I entirely agree that should be grown from scratch. Rope shouldn't be salvaged from a broken hoe.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

Board footer