One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-26 15:39:17

Jadelink

Re: The new mosquitoe bites.

I routinely survive bites with clothing, just don't overdo it.  A hat or loincloth is a smart investment if you are able to get it.  A sealskin coat is not recommended for trips to the jungle.  A hat and loincloth together and you can survive in ice.  With one you can easily survive in normal cool biomes.

...Grass skirts are all the rage for semi nomadic banana munchers too, for a good reason.

#27 2018-11-26 15:51:59

betame

Jadelink wrote:

I routinely survive bites with clothing, just don't overdo it.  A hat or loincloth is a smart investment if you are able to get it.  A sealskin coat is not recommended for trips to the jungle.  A hat and loincloth together and you can survive in ice.  With one you can easily survive in normal cool biomes.

...Grass skirts are all the rage for semi nomadic banana munchers too, for a good reason.

Did you playtest those clothing combinations?
I've been too worried about wasting clothes to perfect the numbers.
Finally had a Clothing + yellow fever death, at insulation 66%. Granted I was aging so I had 4 pips once bit.

Last edited by betame (2018-12-09 02:08:01)

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#28 2018-11-26 17:27:43

Floofy

Not sure if it still matters, but i also try to stand on an object... haven't died to yellow fever since i started doing that.

#29 2018-11-27 05:35:17

Stormyzabeast

arkajalka wrote:
Stormyzabeast wrote:

I survive being bitten all the time. Just keep your temp in the middle by moving to a cooler area if need be and hope your hunger meter was full lol. Also try to have food ready for when it goes away

Have you even played the new patch?

Uh, yeah? Just play smart and you'll live...

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#30 2018-12-09 01:09:35

betame

Just died from Clothes.

I was in a highest tech town, with plenty of clothes.
Bit a few times next to berry farm, where people fed me.
But couldn't make it back to town from the oil pumpjack before dying.

Yellow Fever + Clothes interaction is a major oversight. It punishes players for investing in clothing tech.

Easy fix: remove heat aspect, but make pips even lower. Or let us take off clothes if bit.

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#31 2018-12-09 04:39:31

PsyKick

This update truly ruined my experiences as an Eve. I cannot find any sort of food anywhere, and the mosquitos definitely 100% do not help! The whole food thing is my fault. I build a basket and search around for a good area to get started, but every time I search, I run into these black spots that are almost invisible on my screen...

I cannot survive as an EVE without any help.

This game is still 10/10 in my book and I enjoy playing it but good lord is it freakin difficult with the mosquitos.

#32 2018-12-09 07:00:53

pein

i still not fully understand why some mosquitoes change place, i walled off 4? so far, once i seen oen blocked in a tiny ice but it then moved
should be that they can only spawn in middle of a biome , or move to one direction (middle of map?) until they get back to a jungle, overlapping biomes and animals in them are very dangerous as they arent expected, like a snake inside a green biome, but mosquitoes cannot be killed in any way
the only thing you can do is block with a tile or 3 into a suitable corner, than plant trees around it, people still run into it after i immobilize it, heck even myself did it once due to weird pathing

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#33 2018-12-09 07:04:10

Mobitz

I used to work with this woman who came to the US from Ghana. She told me people got malaria 2-3 times a month there. Drugs are cheap to cure it though. But there's no such thing as a malaria vaccine. It's a parasite.

Board footer