One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-14 20:43:57

MultiLife

Eric the Innocent

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1527444

I don't know how many curses I got but as I said in that life, I can talk in the forums. Eric was innocent, through and through. First hound life where I got heavily cursed at, although it was to be expected with the new people. Glad if we taught cursing at least.

Pictures below, summaries here:
Me murdering the first guy, Martin:
- Martin hovered around ungrilled geese as a kid
- later he asks for a chisel, I drop one next to him
- now he asks for a file
- I ask him does he need a knife
- "Yes", ok, for what? (I am running bread and sheep duty with my knives as I thought the two I had were the only knives)
- "Bread", okay, I go and check the bakery. No bread to cut. Tough luck, I say, he won't get a knife. "Nazi", he says to me. Promising.
- A bit later I see him get a lit shaft and run to kilns so I say "If you make a knife, I will stab you". I move next to him as he smiths.
- Blank huh. Stab. You won't be missed.
- Some boys gather to wonder what happened, I explain briefly.

Didn't know it then, but we had four or five knives (I ended up holding three of them, left one on the ground in bakery).
Thank goodness for newbie murderers though, you should be able to trick me to give you a knife.

Me murdering the second guy, Tom II:
- I see a man with a knife in hand run in behind me - I swiftly dodge, running south as if I hadn't noticed a thing - he bounces on my old tile, clearly missing a stab
- I ran through the town to the berry farm. Then I heard a murder scream.
- I arrived at the scene a bit late, saw a baby girl with a stab wound and nobody was nearby except the murderer sliding out of the screen (I have no mods, bad FOV)
- I chase him with a girl and a boy running after, I drop the knife a lot but land a hit on him - his response is a bit odd with him sounding quite harmless in comparison to usual griefers
- people find me and an elderly woman zooms off as I talk with the kids gathered next to me
- I come back to the town and hear curses going off, the elderly woman begs people to curse me
- I sit down with some starving babies, naming them (hi Angel II! Sorry for the generic name, I was kinda multitasking there), feeding them berries as moms are talking and ignoring them. I defend myself against the accusations as cursing goes on.
- Someone says Tom II was an accident. So I think he was trying to kill me and landed on the baby. I probably wouldn't have killed him if he hadn't ran off from the baby stabbing scene - I would've listened to Tom II's explanations if he was standing still. But well, he did try to stab me so not sure how it would have gone down if he hadn't ran. Maybe I would be stabbed to death instead.

Anyways, Eric worked his ass off for the town. I ran far to get carrots for compost to save the town when compost cut off, I smithed tools and made steel, I dried pottery, I cleaned the town and the sheep pen (skeleton cleanup, arranging items), I hauled mutton, I taught people, I tended to farms.

I was so tired in the end, I didn't feel like even trying to distribute my knives. I would've given one to Sam II, although I was worried that his presence and supportive words were because he wanted a knife from me. He just seemed nice. A braid girl believed in gramps, too. And Angel II at least recognized me.
So, in the end, I told them it will be a knife free for all soon, and died to old age.

Pics!

The murder of Martin:
503UY94.jpg
zj3DaBl.jpg
PvG7bu6.jpg
2u8gIJ0.jpg

The murder of Tom II:
Yk9fxeO.jpg
I was saying he stabbed a girl baby and tried to stab me too; "Ne" means "Me". I didn't get a picture of the stabbed girl baby, was kinda busy chasing this guy.
Tom II, you might've been a good guy. Made me suspicious though when you ran off like a guilty dog. big_smile And well, you did try to kill me. A hound on hound situation I guess.
Your explanation over the baby was a weird one though; "Baby was deformed".

Aftermath:
"Why did you kill Tom?"
3rCqyIs.jpg

"Curse Eric", he is innocent.
WEqRjJK.jpg

It was I, and I stand by Eric's innocence.
SiGHZGo.jpg

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-14 22:02:07)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-11-14 21:26:16

karltown_veteran

Re: Eric the Innocent

The baby in the bottom left corner is watching you in pic 1.
Baby: Hmmmm

Pick 2 and 3 baby looking away.
Baby: I don't think I should be a witness to this

Pic 4 baby leaves.
Baby: NOPE.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#3 2018-11-14 21:28:09

MultiLife

karltown_veteran wrote:

The baby in the bottom left corner is watching you in pic 1.
Baby: Hmmmm

Pick 2 and 3 baby looking away.
Baby: I don't think I should be a witness to this

Pic 4 baby leaves.
Baby: NOPE.

Lol, love it. She even looks like she is whistling like "dooptie doo nothing to see here..."

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-11-14 21:43:07

Clawz

I wish i could find colonies like this haha

#5 2018-11-14 22:08:48

MultiLife

Clawz wrote:

Ah yes, dying berry bushes everywhere, no water left in wells, people dying in the desert heat with clothes on, no soil anywhere because of no compost, littering everywhere, people crafting knives, people moving tools and items from their places... Ah, heaven! big_smile

Joking aside, I know what you mean; there will be cool towns and cities, but it's gonna take a long time as veterans are stuck with newbies instead of each other. Newbies settle in bad places so survival is a struggle; free time for buildings and gambling is nonexistent due to having to carry dying towns. Lots of the good players are also just teaching their whole lives.
I made wooden floor path in a town once, and instantly newbies gathered to run on it, such technical advancement, such new sight! Hahah. big_smile

#6 2018-11-14 22:22:54

Clawz

MultiLife wrote:
Clawz wrote:

Ah yes, dying berry bushes everywhere, no water left in wells, people dying in the desert heat with clothes on, no soil anywhere because of no compost, littering everywhere, people crafting knives, people moving tools and items from their places... Ah, heaven! big_smile

Joking aside, I know what you mean; there will be cool towns and cities, but it's gonna take a long time as veterans are stuck with newbies instead of each other. Newbies settle in bad places so survival is a struggle; free time for buildings and gambling is nonexistent due to having to carry dying towns. Lots of the good players are also just teaching their whole lives.
I made wooden floor path in a town once, and instantly newbies gathered to run on it, such technical advancement, such new sight! Hahah. big_smile

lol newbies are amazed at everything right now big_smile

Also what is a good place to thrive and survive?
I would say, maybe in the grasslands a few tiles away from desert/swamp biomes?
Desert for easy food like cactus and swamp for eggs/water?

I'm full noob aswell, only played 2 hours of the game so far, i plan to play a few hours tonight, starting in a bit smile

#7 2018-11-14 23:22:02

rhiser

Clawz wrote:
MultiLife wrote:
Clawz wrote:

lol newbies are amazed at everything right now big_smile

I'm full noob aswell, only played 2 hours of the game so far, i plan to play a few hours tonight, starting in a bit smile

What you described is pretty much it, early on clay, water, soil, and grass biome for a variety of wild foods are important to get you started, then branches, wood, iron etc. become important. The best way to avoid starving is landing on a grass biome with desert tiles nearby, as temperature control is such a massive influence on hunger (2.5 squares/food per second vs. 20), so that while you're busy crafting you can alternate between the two, keeping your temperature, and thus hunger, ideal.

As one of those noobs (18 hours in now), encountering someone who took the time to teach me something was a massive benefit over someone who focused only on resource/crafting-based colony improvement, as just like in real life the passing on of knowledge is far better long-term for the colony, "teach a man to fish" yknow?
As steam users such as myself pour in, colony states and hopefully player retention rates will improve the most when the newbies learn what to do from their elders, although the influx of guides will slowly diminish that demand. Here's to a better experience for everyone ;D

"Order is the pleasure of reason, but disorder is the delight of the imagination" - Paul Claudel

What I imagine when I see someone knocking other people's home markers over.
(yes I know the mechanic doesn't get removed)

#8 2018-11-14 23:58:01

Porthos
Website

I was streaming this as a little girl and was in or near the last 3 pics when taken. I didn't curse you because I didn't get the vibe that you were on a senseless killing frenzy. I was the one that 1st said "I think Eric is okay.", that lead another girl to say "I trust gramp."

I walked away after that but it seemed like you got around 8 curses. Maybe more, maybe less. Hope you didn't end up in Donkey Town.  There will be a video saved in my twitch channel somewhere of my entire stream if you feel like digging around for the moments I saw.

#9 2018-11-15 05:50:45

MultiLife

Clawz wrote:

In order to get to a big town state, you need a lot of water. The most amazing spots I've had as an Eve had a scattered desert that is mixed with a swamp, making ponds spawn in and out of desert tiles. The more ponds around, the better. You can never have too many. I played a life with a newbie Eve (Eve Flo) as her daughter Rose; she had the desert thing down and a nearby savanna filled with rabbits, but there was just two ponds around AND a bear cave on the left and a boar on the right. I told her this is too dry and set up a camp further away, but sadly the snake was too much and the lineage died few generations later.

So;
- many ponds
- preferrably no nearby snakes or bear caves, boars and wolves aren't too bad (bows and arrows to kill, only one arrow needed)
Biomes:
- grass biome nearby, only if it has lots of milkweed, maples and berries (if it has less than three bushes and little to no trees, it's not gonna help)
- desert next to swamp (farms at the edge of the desert or on mixed tiles; just to keep farmer kids warm), ponds should be visible from the farm - bunch of cacti is a big help, some towns live on cacti instead of berries
- savannah for bunnies; the closer the better
- badlands can be further, iron vein is a huge help
- no snow nearby, fishing (salt water ponds) is not that great

Lets see what jungle brings in.

Anyways usually camps have to compromise and get something good while lacking something good. Like warmth at the cost of nearby bunnies for example. Or having to settle on a swamp to get an ocean of ponds. As an Eve, I rather die than set up on "not ideal" spot. Many times I find the perfect place at the end of my life, make the camp, die to Old Age with no kids and hope I get to respawn there, or that someone else does (Eves that die to Old Age can spawn back to their old home markers and a death can trigger a location for an Eve to spawn).

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-15 12:00:28)

#10 2018-11-15 05:54:30

MultiLife

Porthos wrote:

I was streaming this as a little girl and was in or near the last 3 pics when taken. I didn't curse you because I didn't get the vibe that you were on a senseless killing frenzy. I was the one that 1st said "I think Eric is okay.", that lead another girl to say "I trust gramp."

I walked away after that but it seemed like you got around 8 curses. Maybe more, maybe less. Hope you didn't end up in Donkey Town.  There will be a video saved in my twitch channel somewhere of my entire stream if you feel like digging around for the moments I saw.

Ooh, cool, I could check it out. Thanks!
Yeah I saw one girl talk how I just need eight curses.

One guy was asking, "how is it always you who I see with bloodied knife", like, if I kill a killer, blood spills. It was a very odd argument.
Also looking around me, we had so many women and children around, and I had killed none of them.
Ah well, I know it's not easy to distinguish good and bad.

I'm okay to be sent to Donkey Town. It's no issue. big_smile Sadly we may be down one teacher due to this but I'll have fun exploring for a great base!
And thank you for believing in Eric's innocence!

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-15 09:01:21)

#11 2018-11-15 16:12:06

Porthos
Website

MultiLife wrote:

Yeah, that was me. smile

#12 2018-11-15 18:36:24

MultiLife

News! Seems that I didn't quite get to Donkey Town! Was back to play again to check if I went to D-Town, but nope, so I got to teach newbies again. It went kinda like this: "STOP EXPANDIN' THE BERRY FIELDS YE NUMBNUTS, YER SPELLIN' YER OWN DISASTER HERE!"
Well maybe not like that, but yeah. People constantly came to ask for hoes (I will give you none of those without explanations!), but we had no shears done (lambs littered the town, pen didn't have a corner block). Thank goodness I found the hidden file behind a willow tree so I didn't waste the last iron on a new file. I ran enough for milkweed in that life (no axe, needed hatchet).

Porthos wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

Yeah, that was me. smile

I checked your video, yep, all those cursing dings going off... big_smile Had to replay few times to see what I missed, I didn't notice you ask me who I was or what most of the broken sentences were.

Gotta say, watching you eat berries from a suffering field when you are just 2 squares down does hurt. Owie. Food waste in a famine! You can hold onto a berry for a while to wait for four squares down, you have a hand! D:

Board footer