One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-12 21:22:56

PeaGirl

Why I find naming so important?

I may be a dick, but I hope that you understand the importance of naming your children.
I understand that you may still be learning, and that's alright. There is also tutorial where you can learn all the basics and learn little more advanced methods of smithing for you to understand techniques and what not...
but as a player, I don't know if everyone agrees much with my opinion, but we want to feel of being part of you. We want to know your last name, and we want to know our own first names. Why?

- We remember each other better.
- It makes it easier for us to bond and work together as a virtual family.
- If not the second option, at least gives you an option to punish evil doer by cursing them. ("CURSE XXXX XXXX")

How you do this, you may ask? This is also in tutorial if you haven't noticed. It goes as follows.
If you wish to have a surname for yourself as an eve, for example, you want to be Tulip.

say "I AM TULIP",
after that, your name will be shown as Eve Tulip, or other randomly generated name for Tulip, or if it has been already named for previous Eve, it would turn out as Tulip ll, or Tulip lll etc.
And what I find important, specifically, in roleplaying and personal enjoyment, is to have a own name from mother or relative.
For this to work, you can be with or without surname of course, but a surname is nice, clearly.
"YOU ARE VICKY" for example.

I mean, this won't even take that long to do, if you are a fast typer. It's alright if you are not yet fond with this thought, but don't be surprised if some kids just dissapear... I would... and they dissapear after all for various reasons... Oh well.

Have a good hour!

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2018-11-12 21:33:31

Tramax

Re: Why I find naming so important?

It's cute, some times I have asked Eves to name themselves while a baby because I want a last name as well as a first name and the end up naming me. In the interest of my siblings I ask them their name and a few times they just go "Eve?"
I try to communicate, "No you have to say I am..." And quite often they will say "I am Eve"

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#3 2018-11-12 21:41:18

gabal

Re: Why I find naming so important?

Haven't had a last name yet in any life I lived tonight.

Board footer