One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-12 18:40:59

denriguez

Chaos reigns once again. This is awesome.

Oh man I am so happy about the Steam release. So many CLUELESS new players to teach, and there's hardly ever a guarantee of spawning into a comfortable life anymore. Things were getting far too comfortable post-Donkey Town and pre-Steam. I'm so looking forward to my work and teaching to actually mean something again.

#2 2018-11-12 18:44:34

gabal

Re: Chaos reigns once again. This is awesome.

It's hectic for sure but it is far from dull. I enjoy teaching new players (studied to be a teacher but never taught in school) and I like being second gen the most so I'm really having fun this last few days.

#3 2018-11-12 18:44:42

GreatShawn

Lets see how long you can keep up this positive attitude of teaching new players without them destroying everything.

#4 2018-11-12 18:53:08

Tea

As if you knew everything from the start and didn't mess up couple of things ^^

Everyone has their different time to learn stuff, some faster, some slower. It's amazing to have so many new players being excited about the game ! Once they start remembering all those different recipes, the chaos will go down a bit and so many cities will be build and life will be lived.

If you don't want to bother with those new players, that's okay too. Invite some friends or other people to join you in a custom server or play a different game until those mass famines calm down a bit.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#5 2018-11-12 19:29:40

denriguez

GreatShawn wrote:

Lets see how long you can keep up this positive attitude of teaching new players without them destroying everything.

I've been patiently and enthusiastically teaching anyone who'll listen since March, friend. It never went away. I'm just glad there are many more opportunities to teach again. Even if they "destroy everything" this time, I like to think that by being patient and teaching them, I can forestall disaster in their next life. You were new once. You destroyed everything for someone--maybe many someones.

#6 2018-11-12 20:19:10

MultiLife

Mmh, it's fun if you have time to teach. But it's not that fun when the veteran to newbie ratio is 12 to 1 in the town and you are the lone veteran fighting an uphill battle.
Just had a life like that, tried to carry so hard, and teach too. It's not always rewarding.
As a cherry on top, two newbies were racist towards me (was the darkest skinned guy, figures). Yay. Enjoy my pies.

Well, at least this won't go on forever.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-12 20:19:37)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2018-11-12 20:31:21

Starknight_One

MultiLife wrote:

Mmh, it's fun if you have time to teach. But it's not that fun when the veteran to newbie ratio is 12 to 1 in the town and you are the lone veteran fighting an uphill battle.
Just had a life like that, tried to carry so hard, and teach too. It's not always rewarding.
As a cherry on top, two newbies were racist towards me (was the darkest skinned guy, figures). Yay. Enjoy my pies.

Were you a Goon too?

I was so discouraged after that life, I went through the tutorial again. Did you know Jason added a section to explain the Spacebar freeze-frame? You can make your first sledge earlier now. wink And I found a decent spot for a minimal camp nearby. The biomes around that tutorial were actually pretty decent. Hope I get a chance to spawn there soon.

#8 2018-11-12 20:37:39

MultiLife

Starknight_One wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

Were you a Goon too?

I was so discouraged after that life, I went through the tutorial again. Did you know Jason added a section to explain the Spacebar freeze-frame? You can make your first sledge earlier now. wink And I found a decent spot for a minimal camp nearby. The biomes around that tutorial were actually pretty decent. Hope I get a chance to spawn there soon.

No, seems that I was a Terra; http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1415602
I tried to use spacebar but it didn't freeze, maybe I will check the tutorial.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2018-11-12 20:50:52

Potjeh

Yeah I'm really loving this, so many early tech lives. Would be nice if baby cooldown was a bit longer tho, I can't get anything done and giving instructions to grown kids has proven unreliable.

#10 2018-11-12 21:26:23

WalrusesConquer

Its amazing! I had a new daughter (4th gen) who I tought how to farm. Not only did she due old BUT HER KIDS REACHED 18TH GENERATION!
All these new players are so excited I love it!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#11 2018-11-12 21:31:43

Randomname

Over 450 people are playing right now, on six different servers.  It really is amazing and makes the game so much more exciting.

#12 2018-11-13 03:09:07

Go! Bwah!

I love it because standards are low and my "experienced but didn't care enough to become very good" level of play is still easily good enough :-D

(for now)

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#13 2018-11-13 18:45:46

Elsayal

denriguez wrote:

Oh man I am so happy about the Steam release. So many CLUELESS new players to teach, and there's hardly ever a guarantee of spawning into a comfortable life anymore. Things were getting far too comfortable post-Donkey Town and pre-Steam. I'm so looking forward to my work and teaching to actually mean something again.

I lol your title bro.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

Board footer