One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-02 12:37:15

Roblor

Thank you Roblings!

First of all; I found your stuff Jupiter, bro. Don't worry. You did fine.
Second damn, Hikari!
Me, "Are you the hunter?"
Shoots a boar right in front of my face, "Yes. I am the hunter."
And Kali, we had an exciting run! A bit jumpy when Luna was the only girl, but it paid off indeed. Thanks Luna!
And look! We even managed to keep Lilly around to age fifty!!
z7e0j6l.png

Amazing tongue

Aaban, thanks for being awesome! Same goes to you, Soma, and the rest of you!

Sorry to all the babies who died. I swear, it wasn't intentionally.

And Kali love you too btw.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#2 2018-11-02 13:44:43

tana

Re: Thank you Roblings!

just was a Robling, dunno if same fam though
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1304112
but I didn't get a single child :'(

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#3 2018-11-02 15:15:29

Roblor

Maybe server downtime. It's Friday after all.
I noticed there was surge of Eves at the time.

I wonder if the new update is due...

#4 2018-11-02 15:24:16

tana

didn't get any updates after that, and i checked server status and all were on, plus other women had babies... just not me

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#5 2018-11-02 15:45:12

Roblor

So cruel...

#6 2018-11-02 16:40:56

Morti

Roblor wrote:

Second damn, Hikari!
Me, "Are you the hunter?"
Shoots a boar right in front of my face, "Yes. I am the hunter."

Yeah, the timing on that moment seemed pretty nice.

I was just going out to look for some iron or milkweed the first time you saw me and asked if I was the hunter. I'd found that basket with two snares and a rabbit in it and figured that was worth returning home.

Then I noticed the boar darting around near town after dropping off the basket of snares, figured I'd put it down before it hurt someone, and you just happened to be walking towards it.

It was kind of rude of me not to respond to you when you asked me the first time, but I was hungry and knew home was a long walk away and didn't want to stand there typing in the cold. When I saw you on the other side of the boar, and my stomach was a little fuller, I figured I'd give you your answer.

Truth was though, I was not the hunter. The only thing I hunted was iron and milkweed, until I started having children. It was either one of my brothers or my sons that were the ones doing the snaring, and that bow only being used for the muflon and the goose was just going to waste when there were wolves and swine roaming the lands.

--

To all my children, Mercury, Venus, Terra, Luna, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Rhea, and all the rest of you, Castor and Pollux, my twins, Orion, Andromeda, Cassiopeia, Europa, Ganymede, and any other astronomical names I may have given, I want you to know this here and now, because life is short, and I can't justify a lot of chit chat when work is so much more valuable to our family, but know this now; I will always love you. I feel bad sometimes because other people stand around and gossip to their children, or coddle them, when I know there is so much to be done, and my children are often left waiting for me to return. I won't ever leave you in the cold. I will always return to the warm spot I asked you to wait for me. I will always get you home, if it means juggling between you and a wild horse, a basket of ropes, or a cart full of iron. I will get you, and the goods, home, for our family.

If I die working, and did not get to say goodbye to you before we parted ways, know that I left my message in my labors. That I wanted the best for you and your children that I could possibly provide in our time together. And if you are in a family where there are not children with these astronomical names, I am very likely there as well. I am your son who runs for iron. I am your brother who makes backpacks. I am the man who makes the horse corral and wrangles all the wild horses in the land. I am the skeleton at the end of the road, stone in hand, who died pounding in his last stakes.

I am obsessed with giving my lives to you; my children, my family, my community. Through these labors, our towns stand the test of time. Family after family, from famine to feast. Our work brings our homes alive. For your work, for these homes, you have in return, my deepest respects and utmost thanks. No matter how good I feel at the end of a life, many of you make me feel ashamed I didn't work harder, seeing the things you create. You make the sheep pens rise up from the ground faster than an erupting volcanoes. You make so many pies you put Pillsbury out of business. You haul more soil than Hercules could dream.
Because of your work, these towns work.

Sometimes I come home, old and grey, to give my body a rest in the last minute of my life. Long hunts for iron, and years spent at the end of the road, pounding stakes, I long for one last glimpse of my family before everything goes black. I find the perfect balance of pleasant temperature and an abundance of berries, as if I would be there forever, when I know that the first one, is likely to be my last. In that moment I look around, and I see you all so busy, and the smells, oh all the delightful smells. The wool of the sheep. The pots of stew. The smoke from the forge. The pies, oh the pies. And even the fresh compost. All so earthy, rich and sweet. I take a deep breath and my eyes delight as you're all running about, making it work. And I rest, satisfied, in that moment.

One deep breath, then I'm back home.

I love you all,
for real.

#7 2018-11-02 17:05:37

Roblor

I looked for after that time, but that was the last.
I had watched you smithing, from my desert tile, when I was a little baby.
I remember feeling really lucky to have such capable and dedicated players in the line I had recently begun.
When I asked you if you were a hunter, it was because I was wondering whether I ought to do some hunting myself.
Politeness gets you killed in this game, so I never expect anybody to answer right away.
I really tried to make a screenshot of you saying "I am the hunter", with bow in hand, next to that dead boar, but I seem to have messed it up.
Thanks for being my mom Morti!
You're the best!

#8 2018-11-02 20:16:48

Starknight_One

Roblor wrote:

I looked for after that time, but that was the last.
I had watched you smithing, from my desert tile, when I was a little baby.
I remember feeling really lucky to have such capable and dedicated players in the line I had recently begun.
When I asked you if you were a hunter, it was because I was wondering whether I ought to do some hunting myself.
Politeness gets you killed in this game, so I never expect anybody to answer right away.
I really tried to make a screenshot of you saying "I am the hunter", with bow in hand, next to that dead boar, but I seem to have messed it up.
Thanks for being my mom Morti!
You're the best!

You can replay the session and get a screenie then, if you want to. Of course, if you'd lived a bunch of lives before then, it could get tedious finding the right life. smile

#9 2018-11-02 21:13:31

Roblor

Starknight_One wrote:

You can replay the session and get a screenie then, if you want to. Of course, if you'd lived a bunch of lives before then, it could get tedious finding the right life. smile

Thank you for the suggestion, but capturing a screenshot from my active window, when in playback mode has proved rather difficult on my windows 10 laptop.

I'ma keep trying, but I might give up sooner or later.

Board footer