One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-10-31 08:24:42

JonySky
Website

Re: Welp, I just did some math

This will not totally kill the construction of railways?

#27 2018-10-31 14:17:41

Anshin

jasonrohrer wrote:

... this is based on the newly boiled frog ...

Seems like there are two solutions here:

1.  Keep iron ore prevalence the same, but reduce the amount of soil per iron.  This can come from some combination of more rapid tool breakage and less soil per compost.  I.e., you spend more time forging.

2.  Reduce iron ore prevalence.  I.e., you spend more time searching for ore.

Not enough iron.
Dead-Emoji-Emotion-Face-Expression-Feeling-128.png
The frog has died.

3. Keep iron ore prevalence the same, but add more uses for iron.

As has been suggested by others, nails for primitive technology (change recipes for boxes, carts, pine walls), engines for more advanced technology, mine carts used for mining for rare resources, wire for electricity, pipes for deeper wells and transporting water...

#28 2018-10-31 17:37:29

jasonrohrer
Administrator

As far as it being "too much," or "idealistic," the current math says that 10 naked people can live for 48 days on the iron in a 1-minute walk radius.  And that's just on basic foods, not on more efficient cooked foods.  And yes, you use iron and shovels for other things too, and you may not find all the iron, and some may be wasted.  But even if that 48 days is idealistic by a factor of 10, that's still 4.8 days, which is 460 generations.

Or 4600 generations (48 days), if you use the numbers.

From a 1-minute walk radius, on average.

The problem is that if fertile soil is the bottleneck, then the shovel is the way iron features into the bottleneck, and one shovel use makes a lot of fertile soil.

There's a lot of multiplication going on in those numbers (10 iron per vein * 40 shovel uses * 7 soil baskets per compost pile * 8 mangoes * 2 slices * 7 food---that's over 300K food from one iron vein).

Another option would be to decouple the shovel from this equation and bring in another iron tool to turn the compost (pitchfork), and then that tool can wear out at whatever rate we want, without affecting all the other things that the shovel does.

#29 2018-10-31 18:09:28

Potjeh

Pitchfork sounds like a great idea. Shovels have too much pressure on them as it is.

Also, consider replacing rope in bucket recipe with steel hoops.

Last edited by Potjeh (2018-10-31 18:11:24)

#30 2018-10-31 18:29:39

Twisted

This does technically make the game more difficult, but in reality I don't think it means much as it doesn't really affect or change how the average life is played out. It only affects the maximum lifespan of a village, and that doesn't really mean much to an average play experience since only what happens in the one hour of your life matters.. The only time I think it will be noticeable is when you're playing as an Eve/Eve's child and you're frustrated by the lack of iron.

Why don't we get some kind of change to the railways instead (or in addition to this)? I remember being super exicted about carts when I saw the update gif, and then being incredibly disappointed when I saw them ingame and realized they are nothing like that gif. Imagine having to build a railway that goes into an iron mine and comes out with a massive iron chunk that has to be taken back to the village for processing. The mine carts as they are right now are completely useless - it's more efficient to just carry the things yourself or use a horse. At least make the carts move more than one tile at a time if they can't be smooth.

How about new biomes? That could shake up the meta. A biome that doesn't have iron means there's less iron on average per square mile. They could even have a mix of old things and new things in them - imagine a tropical biome that has mango trees, cinnabar and lapis deposits, big limestone deposits, and water deposits of some kind (without geese). Or a forest biome that has a lot of trees, occasional rabbit holes, rare ponds, etc.

I think new biomes would achieve the same end goal of reducing the amount of nearby iron, but in a more interesting way that would change and improve the overall feel of the game.

EDIT: +1 for pitchforks, they could also be used to make dung piles!

Last edited by Twisted (2018-10-31 18:31:02)

#31 2018-10-31 19:05:45

Dodge

Twisted wrote:

This does technically make the game more difficult, but in reality I don't think it means much as it doesn't really affect or change how the average life is played out. It only affects the maximum lifespan of a village, and that doesn't really mean much to an average play experience since only what happens in the one hour of your life matters.. The only time I think it will be noticeable is when you're playing as an Eve/Eve's child and you're frustrated by the lack of iron.

Exactly it doesnt change anything for big cities and villages  since they will die before we run out of iron, with the current eve spawn algorithm the only times we get huge cities (rarely) is because one or more people  have an eve spawn in it, but eve spawns dont work forever (losing spawn or spawning in another city) and the city gets lost eventually

There is a whole new set of towns every 2-3 days and everything you build, your legacy to future generations is lost forever, with the current eve spawn system it's like having an apocalypse every 3 days lol

I seriously doubt that any village will die or need to relocate because of lack of ressources with the current system

#32 2018-10-31 22:22:18

Glassius

pein wrote:

finding a vein should be significant moment and a small outpost near it should be a good investment, so it should give something, even if not iron, but yeah, 2 carts of iron is enough

Any outpost at iron mine would be a roleplay and very bad investment. Why should anyone stay there, when mining is so simple as picking up onion?

Jason can make iron ore and veins more scattered, thats for sure. But much better would be to make mining a more complicated process with a lot of crafting. This way you are getting an steel industry and a real need to establish an outpost. This would also make trade and railroads finally something useful.

#33 2018-11-01 06:34:52

pein

Glassius wrote:
pein wrote:

finding a vein should be significant moment and a small outpost near it should be a good investment, so it should give something, even if not iron, but yeah, 2 carts of iron is enough

Any outpost at iron mine would be a roleplay and very bad investment. Why should anyone stay there, when mining is so simple as picking up onion?

Jason can make iron ore and veins more scattered, thats for sure. But much better would be to make mining a more complicated process with a lot of crafting. This way you are getting an steel industry and a real need to establish an outpost. This would also make trade and railroads finally something useful.

if you read the rest, i said the same, more randomness, some low grade resources, you might pull 3 iron and the rest clay or stone, or you pull a gold and all iron

i had a project in bonsai garden
to get a road to the iron mine
i made a small outpost and like 3 times were there, people enjoyed that more than the big city

once the road was made people ruined it
eventually the road  would have lead to another 2 miens as later i discovered
but that kinda killed the city for me
i went back days later and still fixed the outpost but it wasn't like that anymore
now i don't really feel there is any difference between cities or any special locations i want to live in, sometimes cacti walls and nicely fragmented deserts, but generally the wilderness is boring
mines are depleted and they are useless wasteland after that

it's a nice story to tell that you made a mine and the city got 3 carts of iron from it, no need 10 carts
even better story that you discovered something that generates a bit of iron each generation

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#34 2018-11-01 12:49:25

Booklat1

Twisted wrote:

(...)

How about new biomes? That could shake up the meta. A biome that doesn't have iron means there's less iron on average per square mile. They could even have a mix of old things and new things in them - imagine a tropical biome that has mango trees, cinnabar and lapis deposits, big limestone deposits, and water deposits of some kind (without geese). Or a forest biome that has a lot of trees, occasional rabbit holes, rare ponds, etc.

I think new biomes would achieve the same end goal of reducing the amount of nearby iron, but in a more interesting way that would change and improve the overall feel of the game.!

I agree this doesn't change the average life much but its needed before we get changes. You've been to abandoned towns full of everything before, man, it aint fun. I fear the pressure on eves too, but eveing isn't really all that hard if you've practiced it. But my main concern really is on making mines rarer. They're not so common and some cities already have to put a lot of work before finding their first mine.

New biomes definitely would help in many of the map related issues the game has, mainly most biomes doing either everythng or nothing, and does help spread out the already existing biomes. I've also been saing it forever, but new biomes should have alternatives for existing resources, otherwise they'll just be vanity biomes.

Edit: Also what Pein said about the wilds being boring. More biomes helps this a bit and so does adding more tiers to iron mining. Coal should become meta before oils so we can have coal mines too.

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-11-01 12:52:33)

#35 2018-11-01 13:34:10

Roblor

Well, then. Why not just add a timer to the ironmines? If a gen can only exctract a certain amount of iron per gen, that'd surely put some strain on tool production.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#36 2018-11-01 15:10:58

MultiLife

Roblor wrote:

Well, then. Why not just add a timer to the ironmines? If a gen can only exctract a certain amount of iron per gen, that'd surely put some strain on tool production.

Simple and effective. I like it. +1

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#37 2018-11-01 16:57:50

Booklat1

Roblor wrote:

I don't like this idea. The same result could be achieved in making iron mines take more tiers to extract all iron and it makes no sense that you'd wait for iron to "regen" or anything of the sort.

#38 2018-11-01 18:54:52

tana

Booklat1 wrote:
Roblor wrote:

I don't like this idea. The same result could be achieved in making iron mines take more tiers to extract all iron and it makes no sense that you'd wait for iron to "regen" or anything of the sort.

well it would reflect that mining takes time, you usually don't show up in a mine and get all the ore at once. I suggested that iron mine give one iron ore every 10 minutes and has to be fetched before the next one can spawn, just like goose eggs. that way it forces ppl to share the knowledge of the mines and orginise a sort of caravan to them to retrieve the potential iron.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#39 2018-11-01 23:41:08

Glassius

But still there is no need to establish an outpost there, nor to build a road. You just send somebody every 10 minutes to gather it and it is done. Moreover, it is making deus ex machina, magical, not intuitive and anti immersion solution to the problem.

Booklat1 wrote:

The same result could be achieved in making iron mines take more tiers to extract all iron and it makes no sense that you'd wait for iron to "regen" or anything of the sort.

This is much better. If next mine tiers would require additional work, it will make staying in this place a valid solution.

#40 2018-11-02 02:51:44

AnobeseWalrus

Roblor wrote:

Would it make sense, if the pickaxe broke, after the first vein?
To us it's merely one click, but still, an entire mine is being mined here.

... Should justify for some wear and tear.

+1

#41 2018-11-02 05:04:08

Morti

I have a better idea involving iron that will also make the game a little more interesting.
Have the wild animals get ornery at whoever is disturbing the ground. Pulling iron could attract nearby wolves and release nearby bears, who will also come to investigate the perpetrator.

Add a mountain lion to the game that actively hunts like the bear, but detects from a larger radius and has a dash like the boar, where he goes from slow and stalking at a distance, but his attacks are fast and long (5, 10, 15 meters) ranged. Give him evasion, so arrows don't always stick. Make it a group effort to hunt, like we had to do to remove sabertooth tigers before we could peacefully settle in any of their habitats.

Make wolves rally into packs and travel across the land together.

Cutting down swamp trees should have repercussions as well. Add a chance to release a jaguar when swamp trees are cut down.

Bobcats that stalk the prairies, randomly eating rabbits, but that get particularly aggressive when there are no rabbits. If a field of rabbit holes is left unculled, it spawns predators that, if left unchecked, would reach a balance between rabbit family holes, and predators. Remove the predators prey and they get increasingly aggressive over time.

Add gazelles, at zebras, add lions, add content that engages with content, make people excited to rally together; bows, knives, spears and shields in hand, to take on the wild and claim the lands holding resources.

Make the game more exciting over time, not less.

"Send the scout out on horseback, our resources are dwindling."

"The scout has returned!"

"I've discovered an iron node 200 meters northeast. It's surrounded by four bear caves, and a pack of wolves patrols the area. Gather sufficient food and weapons, we must take these lands, for our family!"

--

"The rabbit populations have grown exceedingly large. Dozens of holes with full families will soon attract predators."

"Help" "Pls" "My" "Mom" "Died" "Getn" "Rabs" "NE." "Bob" "Cats" "Atak" "Her." "Pls" "Help"

--

Come on Jason, stop treating a number tweak like 0.001 to 0.0005. Like a weekly update. Every keypress you make writing in this forum could have been a keypress into a new objects .txt file. Every hour you spend reading our comments could have been an hour spent drawing or roaring into a microphone.

Make us happy with new content and we'll make you happy with exciting new stories, new families, and new lives.

Sit down with your kids, watch a documentary, share a moment with them, find inspiration for a new idea and bring it into the game, for everyone to engage with.

Don't waste your time obsessing over the way milkweed, soil or iron works, only to find that 3 months later you've just made matters worse and now want to tweek it again. Don't play with the chess pieces on the board, make new ones. Playing with them is our job. Making them is yours.

Interview after interview, you are promising people weekly content added to the game. You sold the game to people with these statements. It's time to bunker down. 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, find what you want to add, decide on it's role, how we're going to interact with it (or it with us), draw it, give it life and set it loose.

This is your mason jar and we're your little caterpillar. Don't just put a leaf in here and watch us die. Move us to larger and larger terrariums. Forget the pet store; you are the factory, you are the industry, you can give us anything, from anywhere, from any time. Don't just leave us here in this mason jar with a leaf and a stick and expect to find a butterfly when you get home from school. We need a lot of nourishment, we need fresh air, we need the humidity and all the things that our ancestors adapted to so that we could become the creatures we are today.

Give us the world.

We're starving for it.

Give us the world!

#42 2018-11-02 22:44:03

VioletLily

Morti wrote:

I have a better idea involving iron that will also make the game a little more interesting.
Have the wild animals get ornery at whoever is disturbing the ground. Pulling iron could attract nearby wolves and release nearby bears, who will also come to investigate the perpetrator.

Add a mountain lion to the game that actively hunts like the bear, but detects from a larger radius and has a dash like the boar, where he goes from slow and stalking at a distance, but his attacks are fast and long (5, 10, 15 meters) ranged. Give him evasion, so arrows don't always stick. Make it a group effort to hunt, like we had to do to remove sabertooth tigers before we could peacefully settle in any of their habitats.

Make wolves rally into packs and travel across the land together.

Cutting down swamp trees should have repercussions as well. Add a chance to release a jaguar when swamp trees are cut down.

Bobcats that stalk the prairies, randomly eating rabbits, but that get particularly aggressive when there are no rabbits. If a field of rabbit holes is left unculled, it spawns predators that, if left unchecked, would reach a balance between rabbit family holes, and predators. Remove the predators prey and they get increasingly aggressive over time.

Add gazelles, at zebras, add lions, add content that engages with content, make people excited to rally together; bows, knives, spears and shields in hand, to take on the wild and claim the lands holding resources.

Make the game more exciting over time, not less.

"Send the scout out on horseback, our resources are dwindling."

"The scout has returned!"

"I've discovered an iron node 200 meters northeast. It's surrounded by four bear caves, and a pack of wolves patrols the area. Gather sufficient food and weapons, we must take these lands, for our family!"

--

"The rabbit populations have grown exceedingly large. Dozens of holes with full families will soon attract predators."

"Help" "Pls" "My" "Mom" "Died" "Getn" "Rabs" "NE." "Bob" "Cats" "Atak" "Her." "Pls" "Help"

--

Come on Jason, stop treating a number tweak like 0.001 to 0.0005. Like a weekly update. Every keypress you make writing in this forum could have been a keypress into a new objects .txt file. Every hour you spend reading our comments could have been an hour spent drawing or roaring into a microphone.

Make us happy with new content and we'll make you happy with exciting new stories, new families, and new lives.

Sit down with your kids, watch a documentary, share a moment with them, find inspiration for a new idea and bring it into the game, for everyone to engage with.

Don't waste your time obsessing over the way milkweed, soil or iron works, only to find that 3 months later you've just made matters worse and now want to tweek it again. Don't play with the chess pieces on the board, make new ones. Playing with them is our job. Making them is yours.

Interview after interview, you are promising people weekly content added to the game. You sold the game to people with these statements. It's time to bunker down. 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, find what you want to add, decide on it's role, how we're going to interact with it (or it with us), draw it, give it life and set it loose.

This is your mason jar and we're your little caterpillar. Don't just put a leaf in here and watch us die. Move us to larger and larger terrariums. Forget the pet store; you are the factory, you are the industry, you can give us anything, from anywhere, from any time. Don't just leave us here in this mason jar with a leaf and a stick and expect to find a butterfly when you get home from school. We need a lot of nourishment, we need fresh air, we need the humidity and all the things that our ancestors adapted to so that we could become the creatures we are today.

Give us the world.

We're starving for it.

Give us the world!

I like the idea of things getting harder as tech progresses.

Although, I'm not sure I like the idea of cougars stalking and sniping people.

For one, cougars avoid attacking people whenever possible. The only reasons they have been known to attack is if they are cornered or the person stimulates the cougar's predator instinct by acting like easy prey (playing dead, quickly running away). Cougar attacks are actually very rare.

Also, I really don't like how animals can snipe people. This is the biggest reason I use a small zoom mod. This falls under "unavoidable death" and should never be added to a skill based game.

Bobcats are also rarely known to attack humans unless cornered or scared. They recognize us as the larger predator and avoid fights with us if possible.

Coyotes may work for rabbits. Although coyote attacks are also rather rare, they have been known to attack when a person gets between them and their prey.

Overall, I love the idea of the game getting harder as you advance in the tech tree. Eventually, we can obtain tech to overcome these issues and new issues will spawn.

#43 2018-11-03 03:59:25

Morti

This game is supposed to be us vs nature.
Us being our family.
Nature being all the other life on this planet that is either with us, or against us.
Nature also being the elements that all life uses without discrimination.
The physics, chemistry and biology that makes life possible, whether it's benign or dominant.

This is, despite what we may feel (or not feel) when immersed, not nature however.
This is not real life.
This is Jason's World.

If Jason's wife gets mauled by a dog, it makes it into the game.
If Jason's mother likes butterflies, milkweed makes it into the game.
Jason has children, Jason makes a game about raising children.

Everything in this game has some source of inspiration in Jason's past.

Jason lives in the southwest, Mexican and Native American foods make it into the game.

Jason was poor, for awhile, and realized the value of warmth; his dependence on clothing, shelter and the furnace.
Temperature made it into the game.

Everything has to be filtered through his past to be a part of our world.

This is also not Jason's simulation of present day, anywhere.

Saying "X doesn't do this in reality" is pointless when your reality is present day reality, present conditions reality. We are not, in any way in this game, confined by present day. Present day was a street sign on a road about 500 turns back, and we didn't take it. Though we are attracted to it's direction, the same way we are attracted to our home; it's what we know, and it's ours.

--

Why am I typing all this to discredit your objections when I just want to make my own references reality, past and present? Ah well.

--

Despite what cougars or bobcats do today, there was most certainly a time on this planet when big cats were far more dominant. The problem with life though, is you have to survive your trials prior to reproduction, or you don't reproduce. Any of those cats with the tendency to attack people would have quickly found itself hunted, and in so being hunted, it's family and all the species like it in the area would have been culled, if not brought to extinction. Nature however, continues to test us. There are still bear attacks, wolf attacks, tiger attacks, lion attacks, shark attacks, and every time one of those predators kills one of us, it, and hundreds of it's species are threatened and downgraded on the disgusting-to-beautiful nature scale.

Wives become a little less objective to their husbands killing them for sport. Protection agencies agents, look the other way when they catch a hunter, hunting out of season. A trophy of the species remains, goes up in value.

We still get tested by nature.

Of a thousand grizzly bears, we may kill then 10 most aggressive ones (along with 90 others in the process) but that will just leave the next 10 most aggressive grizzle bears to go on to reproduce a range of offspring that will fill those roles.

Today's real life bobcats and cougars could easily evolve in Jason's Mind, to become the Lions, Tigers and Sabers of Jason's World.

--

Neither nature, nor imagination, are confined by our definitions.

#44 2018-11-03 04:43:01

VioletLily

Morti wrote:

I agree that things in a game don't have to be wholly realistic.

The only reason I brought it up was because the predators we do have in the game at this time have been known to cause some serious trouble for humans at some point in history. Wolves, bears, and boars have all been very ready to harm humans at one point in history or another. I simply assumed Jason would want the future predators in the game to be the same way.

Lions (the African variety), tigers, crocodiles, packs of stray or wild dogs, and possibly even moose would all fall into this category. Mountain lions and bobcats would not.

It's just that as someone who grew up around cougars and bobcats (I live in Washington state), I find it odd to see those animals portrayed as actively agressive toward humans. You could probably find both within a one or two mile radius from my house. Cougars have actually been proven to be afraid of humans. They will avoid confrontation with one whenever possible in the same way we humans avoid crocodiles and the like.

Of course it is completely up to Jason.

And I do agree with your general idea about predators or other issues becoming more prevalent as you climb the tech tree. I think it would be a good addition to gameplay smile

Edit: I just remembered that cougars may risk hunting humans if starved, so they may work pretty well for your rabbit situation.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-11-03 04:58:10)

#45 2018-11-03 09:42:14

MultiLife

Was iron nerfed already? I was in a small town, early gens, and an old man told me there is no luck with iron south, telling me he will try some more. After I got old enough, I set off to northeast, figuring out it's less searched. I passed by two "small" badlands and 0 iron was on them. 0 veins. Then I ran even further and found 1 iron ore in someone's basket (probably died to one of the frigging zillion wolves) and found one iron mine in the middle of a huge badland. Still didn't see any ore on the ground. I nearly died multiple times on my travels.
I was going to make a note about the iron vein if someone could ever find it, trying to explain how far exactly it is (really need landmarks in the game other than roads, distance marker would be great too...) but I got shot with an arrow. My last words were about the vein.

But yeah it was just tedious and ridiculously hard to find iron, and as I said, I saw zero ground iron except the one in someone's basket. One iron vein after two badlands and all sorts of biomes in between.
Yeah I could travel more but that search took like 10 years of my life at least. Had to be careful in swamps, deserts and badlands which slows you down.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-03 11:06:51)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#46 2018-11-03 12:09:35

lowdt

Thanks Bladewoods.. looks like this game goes down stream befor on steam

#47 2018-11-03 13:35:55

Booklat1

MultiLife wrote:

Was iron nerfed already? I was in a small town, early gens, and an old man told me there is no luck with iron south, telling me he will try some more. After I got old enough, I set off to northeast, figuring out it's less searched. I passed by two "small" badlands and 0 iron was on them. 0 veins. Then I ran even further and found 1 iron ore in someone's basket (probably died to one of the frigging zillion wolves) and found one iron mine in the middle of a huge badland. Still didn't see any ore on the ground. I nearly died multiple times on my travels.
I was going to make a note about the iron vein if someone could ever find it, trying to explain how far exactly it is (really need landmarks in the game other than roads, distance marker would be great too...) but I got shot with an arrow. My last words were about the vein.

But yeah it was just tedious and ridiculously hard to find iron, and as I said, I saw zero ground iron except the one in someone's basket. One iron vein after two badlands and all sorts of biomes in between.
Yeah I could travel more but that search took like 10 years of my life at least. Had to be careful in swamps, deserts and badlands which slows you down.

I was afraid that exactly this was gonna happen. not sure if iron update is live or you were unlucky, but absolutely no need to nerf mines and ground ore spawn rates, only that ridiculously huge amount of iron that exists on mines.

#48 2018-11-03 14:01:31

tana

yep that was also my fear.
I remember when mines were introduced, the ground ore spawn rate was already dropped wich made sense, since before the mines, iron was littering everywhere on badlands.
But it sometimes made weird situations where you found a huge badland biome with only two pieces of iron on the ground and another tiny biome (small enough to fit entirely on the screen) with 4 pieces and two mines, but all in all, it made us explore and search more for the initial 3 pieces needed for the basic tools, and a fourth for the first hoe, giving us a bit more camp stability to explore further for the next 5 pieces needed to start mining.

Now I haven't played many eve camps since the nerf, only got a couple of lives, where it did feel to me we had to search more for our initial iron, but I had several previous lives before the nerf where iron was just as scarce and we really had to look far.
So we need more input from many lives of many players to estimate if indeed the overall look for iron has become indeed harder, because a couple of anecdotes where iron was hard to find isn't enough to judge, could have been  cases of bad spawn luck.

Last edited by tana (2018-11-03 14:02:15)

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#49 2018-11-03 14:21:59

Anshin

Ya, I haven't been able to find enough iron either. Seriously, the iron nerf needs to be rolled back.

#50 2018-11-04 17:35:33

Kinrany

It would make a lot of sense to make iron mines really rare and then use railroads to haul iron.

Also, adding new recipes alone can not possibly help, having more options is strictly better than not having.  A tool being worth the iron spent on it implies that you can get even more iron out of it, or something equally valuable.

Board footer